Your top 5 TEs as of 2021

11 hours ago, Danger said:

Goedert > Ertz. Most Eagles fans feel this way as well as PFF.

Goedert is the only dude who put up an 80 + Blocking and Receiving grade last year for them.

Not saying he can't be. But 3 years in Goedert's best stat line is 607/5 TD's (never had 60 receptions). (Will be 26 all regular season)

Ertz has put up 816 or more 5 of the last 6 years (75+ receptions same years). Had 6 or more TD's 3 of those seasons. (Will turn 31 middle of next season).

I'm just saying you're all based on projection (and I guess PFF's opinion). Or you're weighting blocking grade higher than receiving grade.

I'm saying Ertz has proven his value a long time. Has one down injury season and everyone forgets. After everyone quits drooling over the seemingly consensus top 3, I'm giving credit where credit is due with my 4th slot. Ertz's best days probably are behind him. But they were dam* impressive IMO

1 hour ago, RTTRUTH said:

Not saying he can't be. But 3 years in Goedert's best stat line is 607/5 TD's (never had 60 receptions). (Will be 26 all regular season)

Ertz has put up 816 or more 5 of the last 6 years (75+ receptions same years). Had 6 or more TD's 3 of those seasons. (Will turn 31 middle of next season).

I'm just saying you're all based on projection (and I guess PFF's opinion). Or you're weighting blocking grade higher than receiving grade.

I'm saying Ertz has proven his value a long time. Has one down injury season and everyone forgets. After everyone quits drooling over the seemingly consensus top 3, I'm giving credit where credit is due with my 4th slot. Ertz's best days probably are behind him. But they were dam* impressive IMO

Goedert has been roadblocked by Ertz, sure his bulk receiving stats are better. But Ertz was, frankly, dreadful last year, along with most of the rest of the team.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Goedert has been roadblocked by Ertz, sure his bulk receiving stats are better. But Ertz was, frankly, dreadful last year, along with most of the rest of the team.

I personally think we should be praising all-round TEs more than those who just do one thing really well. I prefer Goedert because his blocking is league-class and he also is a great option in the passing game. The mismatches that can create is usually key.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I personally think we should be praising all-round TEs more than those who just do one thing really well. I prefer Goedert because his blocking is league-class and he also is a great option in the passing game. The mismatches that can create is usually key.

But he drops some easy passes. 

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Top 5 TE's in DVOA with a minimum of 50 targets in 2020:

(1) Robert Tonyan

(2) Travis Kelce

(3) George Kittle

(4) Tyler Higbee

(5) Dallas Goedert

HM: Jared Cook, Darren Waller, Mike Gesicki

DVOA is not a good stat for measuring individual performance. Team performance sure.

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Ton was excellent last season. Intrigued to see if he can stack another season like it. If so, he's in the top 5 discussion easily

he needs more targets to crack the top 5 I think. Might be tough with all the weapons on this team, however, and MLF's penchant for spreading the wealth.