Your top 5 TEs as of 2021

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Ton was excellent last season. Intrigued to see if he can stack another season like it. If so, he's in the top 5 discussion easily

His efficiency was ridiculous, I'd be shocked if he sustained that level of play. That said, even a 10% dropoff still leaves him as playing at Pro Bowl or better level. 

But as @incognito_man said, to really get recognition he has to squeeze out more targets and I really don't see that happening in GB. 

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Just a reminder that Gronk is less than 5 months older than Travis Kelce.

Even as a Kelce homer I can admit if we're talking peaks or just sheer ability, Gronk is untouchable and probably always will be. No one can combine what he brought to the table.

if we're picking in a draft though, I'm picking Travis. He's always available, he's always carving up. 

Edited by BigTrav

Established: Kittle, Kelce, Waller, Gronkowski, J. Smith, Andrews, Henry, Goedert, Hockenson, Gesicki, Ertz, Hooper, Higbee, Cook, Brate, Firkser, Hurst, Dissly, Doyle, Arnold, Kroft

Upside: Pitts, Fant, Freiermuth, Tonyan, L. Thomas, H. Bryant, J. Johnson, Schultz, Moreau, Howard, Herndon, Everett, K. Smith, Engram, Jarwin, Long, Smith Jr., Kmet, Trautman, Njoku, Knox

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Established: Kittle, Kelce, Waller, Gronkowski, J. Smith, Andrews, Henry, Goedert, Hockenson, Gesicki, Ertz, Hooper, Higbee, Cook, Brate, Firkser, Hurst, Dissly, Doyle, Arnold, Kroft

Upside: Pitts, Fant, Freiermuth, Tonyan, L. Thomas, H. Bryant, J. Johnson, Schultz, Moreau, Howard, Herndon, Everett, K. Smith, Engram, Jarwin, Long, Smith Jr., Kmet, Trautman, Njoku, Knox

He said top 5, not every single Tight End 😄

On 7/2/2021 at 8:25 PM, wackywabbit said:

I'm not putting Andrews as the consensus #4. At the very least there has to be a visual gap in the rankings after the top 3 or so. He's a receiving TE who has been terrible with drops of easy catches in big spots. I don't know why he isn't criticized for them like Hollywood Brown on the same team has. Except, unlike Brown, he's been awful on the playoffs. Andrews has the separation ability down, but we have to REALLY lower the bar for TE vs WR to not hold to the same criticism.

Sigh.... I'm not happy to be right.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Is Gronk underrated now? I feel like he should be the #4.

Think he is going to be in a group with Hockenson, Fant and Andrews. I see 2013 Julius Thomas in him. It's going to be a problem to cover him in the red zone when you have to account for like 3 other really good receivers.

• 3 weeks later...