Ravens Sign Former Broncos OT Ju'Wuan James

AFlaccoSeagulls

23 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

feels like charity tbh. paying him for the right to have him at or above market value next year?

The guy played only 3 games in 2019, opted out in 2020 and will now miss 2021 as well AAAAND wasn't even that great to begin with (above-average at best). 
It's okay that you gamble on the guy making it back but I don't see his 2022 salary being that much of a deal if at all, and on top of that they're signing him for this year? 
I just don't get it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MagicMT said:

The guy played only 3 games in 2019, opted out in 2020 and will now miss 2021 as well AAAAND wasn't even that great to begin with (above-average at best). 
It's okay that you gamble on the guy making it back but I don't see his 2022 salary being that much of a deal if at all, and on top of that they're signing him for this year? 
I just don't get it...

If he comes in and plays a solid right tackle for the majority of the season then it's absolutely worth it. If not you eat 2.5 million which in the grand scheme of things isn't that much, especially when the cap is ballooning in 22.. Low risk move.

16 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Good Luck Ravens fans 

Loving the butthurt Broncos fans hating on this deal even though it's pennies for the Ravens. Yall just mad because your team made a crap deal to pay him 51 million in the first place. Hope he wins his grievance. 

1 minute ago, RayLew52 said:

Loving the butthurt Broncos fans hating on this deal even though it's pennies for the Ravens. Yall just mad because your team made a crap deal to pay him 51 million in the first place. Hope he wins his grievance. 

And most of the league expect asinine arrogance from Raven fans, glad to see you continue the tradition. No butthurt here, just have seen what you're in for. He'll do just enough to try and finagle you out of that $9M while giving minimal effort, ask MIA fans about that, they know  too. I'm just glad we DON'T have to pay him the balance of his contract, the NFL will make sure of that. You're new to the forum and already making jerkish remarks, Enjoy your stay, however long it may be. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

And most of the league expect asinine arrogance from Raven fans, glad to see you continue the tradition. No butthurt here, just have seen what you're in for. He'll do just enough to try and finagle you out of that $9M while giving minimal effort, ask MIA fans about that, they know  too. I'm just glad we DON'T have to pay him the balance of his contract, the NFL will make sure of that. You're new to the forum and already making jerkish remarks, Enjoy your stay, however long it may be. 

Well he can't get the 9 million with minimal effort, he needs to earn the incentives if not he costs literally nothing and he walks.

So your passive aggressive "good luck Ravens" was so much more honorable on this forum? Fact of the matter is that your projecting your dislike for Juwan James onto the Ravens fan base. 

We are fine, thanks for your concern 

15 minutes ago, RayLew52 said:

Well he can't get the 9 million with minimal effort, he needs to earn the incentives if not he costs literally nothing and he walks.

So your passive aggressive "good luck Ravens" was so much more honorable on this forum? Fact of the matter is that your projecting your dislike for Juwan James onto the Ravens fan base. 

We are fine, thanks for your concern 

Take it however you want, I make no bones about my disdain for James, I felt bad for him as a person but was glad he was cut from the Broncos, the man stole money and I have no empathy for that kind of person.

And I have no love for the Ravens either, make no bones about that either. Seems like a good fit to me, just don't come whining when he steals from your team too. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RayLew52 said:

You wished a guy who never deservedly earned his money wins said money from Broncos (because their fans dont like him, rightfully so), and have gotten defensive with almost everyone who has remotely critcized this move....

...clearly, SOMEONE is "butthurt"

• Like 6

4 hours ago, RayLew52 said:

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 43M said:

You wished a guy who never deservedly earned his money wins said money from Broncos (because their fans dont like him, rightfully so), and have gotten defensive with almost everyone who has remotely critcized this move....

...clearly, SOMEONE is "butthurt"

Winner Dave GIF by Barstool Sports

lol but why??

Look, James is by all rights a good guy, but man his injuries are frustrating and even before he arrived in DEN, Fins fans were saying how over rated he was.

So at the end of the day you have a average to slightly above average LT who by the time he takes the field in a BAL uniform will have battled back from season ending injuries and hasnt played football in 3 years.

Its just a weird person to put a placeholder deal on.

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

lol but why??

Look, James is by all rights a good guy, but man his injuries are frustrating and even before he arrived in DEN, Fins fans were saying how over rated he was.

So at the end of the day you have a average to slightly above average LT who by the time he takes the field in a BAL uniform will have battled back from season ending injuries and hasnt played football in 3 years.

Its just a weird person to put a placeholder deal on.

I don't think it's weird at all. This deal costs the Ravens next to nothing unless the Ravens get what they want out of him, so why not take a flyer? If he gives them a season of average to above average tackle play I think the Ravens would consider that a success.

A lot of discussion for a guy who isn't going to play this year. Nothing's going to come of this for a year or more. There's comparatively no interest in the extension of Gus Edwards, who's actually a significant contributor. Two pages on Tony Jefferson getting a try out. There's definitely some interesting negative correlation here 🤔.