Ravens Sign Former Broncos OT Ju'Wuan James

8 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

This…..makes no sense

Actually it makes plenty of sense if you think about it. Villaneuva is a right tackle rental for this year most likely, now they have a quality tackle inked for next season and they are only paying 500k this year for his rehabilitation. Not sure what's so hard to figure out.

• Like 2

Doesn't he have multiple knee injuries in addition to this latest achilles?

Guess it's worth a 500k flier if he does well in rehab but wouldn't be surprised if injuries have just completely sapped the guy by the time he suits up next year

4 minutes ago, RayLew52 said:

Actually it makes plenty of sense if you think about it. Villaneuva is a right tackle rental for this year most likely, now they have a quality tackle inked for next season and they are only paying 500k this year for his rehabilitation. Not sure what's so hard to figure out.

Quality…….based on what?

• Like 2

The 500k this year is whatever and it sounds like we'd only end up paying him the $8 million in 2022 if we like where he's at health-wise. Don't hate the move, don't love it, but it seems pretty low-risk at least. 

9 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Quality…….based on what?

When healthy he has proven to be a solid right tackle in this league. He for sure was a disappointment for the Broncos and didn't earn his 4 year 51 million dollar deal but he obviously had enough skill to earn that contract initially..However for a 8 million dollar gamble next year I think it's worth it for the Ravens. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

The 500k this year is whatever and it sounds like we'd only end up paying him the $8 million in 2022 if we like where he's at health-wise. Don't hate the move, don't love it, but it seems pretty low-risk at least. 

Now that I'm seeing more details on the deal the more I like it. He's only guaranteed 2.5 million next year and a possible 5 million extra in incentives. Smart and low risk move for the Ravens 

• Like 1

Ehhhh, not sure what I think on this one. This has to mean they think he'd cost more than $9M to acquire next offseason (so you spend $500k this year to save more next year, and guarantee the signing.) Otherwise it just doesn't make sense financially. I kind of find it hard to believe he'd warrant that much if they just waited an offseason though. He'll be basically three years removed from football at that point. I doubt anyone would've given him more than a prove it deal next year. Presumably at least none of that 2022 money is guaranteed. If any of it is, then I definitely don't like it.

• Like 1