Alabama and HC Nick Saban agree to an extension through the 2028 season

RaidersAreOne

Irrelevant. This is nothing more than to ward off recruiting efforts by other coaches to say who knows how long Saban will be around. But ultimately there is nothing stopping Saban from retiring when he wants so this doesn't do much but to allow him to say "but look at my contract doe"

10 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Would you feel the same way if he was North of the Mason/Dixon line?

Heck no. College football is better in the south! I'm just a bitter fan of a college team (FSU) that can't compete with Alabama.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Should have seen them when they finished with 14 Straight Top-5 Finishes (1987-2000) 

I remember that pick 6 by Terrell Buckley against Michigan.  Seminoles had some incredible squads back then.  Hopefully you guys can find your way back to the top 5. 

On 6/9/2021 at 12:56 PM, mse326 said:

Irrelevant. This is nothing more than to ward off recruiting efforts by other coaches to say who knows how long Saban will be around. But ultimately there is nothing stopping Saban from retiring when he wants so this doesn't do much but to allow him to say "but look at my contract doe"

Was just about to post this.  Saban will do what he wants, when he wants.