GM - Licht and HC-Arians extended

'Buccaneers re-signed GM Jason Licht to a contract extension. Licht initially had a club option available for 2023 but that will presumably be pushed down the road (or removed altogether) upon signing his extension. He'll likely be tied to the organization even beyond Arians' tenure, ensuring Licht is around for at least a decade-plus after joining the organization in 2014.'

'Buccaneers revised coach Bruce Arians' contract. He'll remain under contract through the 2022 season but receive a pay raise upon signing the new deal. It's a generous reward from the Glazer family.'

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Well deserved. I've always like Licht.

I've always assumed BA would be around until he decided to retire.

I was skeptical of Licht early on when I became a Bucs fan, but he's won me over the last 2 years with his drafts and FA signings. He's done a hell of a job building this roster up with high level veterans and ascending young guns. 

• Like 1

Licht has gone from the outhouse to the penthouse.  I always thought Licht had little input on the HC hire after Lovie was fired.  I believe it was pre determined that Koetter would be hired.  However, Goodwin and McDermott were also interviewed.  Interesting to just speculate.

Anyway, well deserved for both.  Good to be in the next Golden Age of Bucs history.