Mandatory Minicamp

turtle28

Best post I've read today on another site.

ConnSKINS26 said:

Fitz is pushing the ball into tight spaces, taking risks, and giving his guys chances against new looks to see what works. That’s what you’re supposed to do in training camp. Cousins would never do this, he would check down to safe options all offseason, not learn a damn thing, and it wouldn’t help anyone—himself, the receivers, the defense. No one. Gruden was a joke but he was correct about hating that aspect of Cousins’ practice habits. Or maybe it was McVay. Either way.

Don't get me wrong, Fitz will throw interceptions this year and some will be poorly timed or idiotic. But what’s happening now is just what he should be doing, and this defense is punishing him because they’re good.

8 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I like this kid. Probably an Underdog to make the team but I hope he does! 

Funny- I think of him as S L O W. He ran a 4.54 Proday. I think of Dyami Brown as fast. He ran a 4.45. 9 hundreths of a second  ! What is that - a quarter of a stride . . ?? I'm pulling for Milne too!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Funny- I think of him as S L O W. He ran a 4.54 Proday. I think of Dyami Brown as fast. He ran a 4.45. 9 hundreths of a second  ! What is that - a quarter of a stride . . ?? I'm pulling for Milne too!

I think while he doesn’t have great top end speed, he is good in and out of breaks and runs good routes.

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Best post I've read today on another site.

ConnSKINS26 said:

Fitz is pushing the ball into tight spaces, taking risks, and giving his guys chances against new looks to see what works. That’s what you’re supposed to do in training camp. Cousins would never do this, he would check down to safe options all offseason, not learn a damn thing, and it wouldn’t help anyone—himself, the receivers, the defense. No one. Gruden was a joke but he was correct about hating that aspect of Cousins’ practice habits. Or maybe it was McVay. Either way.

Don't get me wrong, Fitz will throw interceptions this year and some will be poorly timed or idiotic. But what’s happening now is just what he should be doing, and this defense is punishing him because they’re good.

Really? You must have never been on Twitter when Kirk was our QB. Every time he threw an int at practice or during training camp Twitter blew up! Well, kind of like you do! 😂 

Man, I'm jacked and I think you are too over our receivers. I think Cam Sims is gonna JUMP this year -love the guy. Kelvin Harmon back and strong -high hopes. Dyami ! Milne ! McLaurin ! Humphies ( well see ) Samuel ! AGG ( not sold on him yet! ) and S Sims ( gotta improve ! )

and improved depth a T E . Counting the days guys, counting the days !! 

Just now, RSkinGM said:

Man, I'm jacked and I think you are too over our receivers. I think Cam Sims is gonna JUMP this year -love the guy. Kelvin Harmon back and strong -high hopes. Dyami ! Milne ! McLaurin ! Humphies ( well see ) Samuel ! AGG ( not sold on him yet! ) and S Sims ( gotta improve ! )

and improved depth a T E . Counting the days guys, counting the days !! 

I’m excited about our WR group. I’m not overly excited about our TE group outside of Logan Thomas who way exceeded mine and I think everyone’s expectations last year.

Bates is a question mark & Seal-Jones has a lot of skill as a receiver but a lot like Logan, he’s never had much of a chance to show it off in his career yet. I hope he flashes for us this year, he definitely has a chance. I have hope for Reyes long term but I think that he’s more a long term project at this point.

In RR press conference, the QB’s were referenced, Kyle Allen was not even mentioned, it was Fitz/Heiny that’s it. Just found it a little odd that he used to have praise for Kyle and now Taylor has made Kyle an after thought with RR. I understand it but how quickly he’s gone to third string. 

18 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

In RR press conference, the QB’s were referenced, Kyle Allen was not even mentioned, it was Fitz/Heiny that’s it. Just found it a little odd that he used to have praise for Kyle and now Taylor has made Kyle an after thought with RR. I understand it but how quickly he’s gone to third string. 

When you come in 15 pounds heavier and from what I here he looks like he’s pushing it. So im sure that speaks volumes to Ron seeing a guy put that type of work in. I love the fact they gave Taylor a shot. It’s a heck of a story to go from OD to taking classes and here he is pushing. No matter what happens with this guy im pulling for him. This guy isn’t just riding some sideshow moment showing up in a playoff game he took a chance and put everything he’s had into this. I believe if he gets a chance he could make this staff atleast take notice. If he stays healthy who knows.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Too true. 

The big thing to me is Dyami Brown has the ability to run 90% and then turn it up that extra notch once the defense thinks they've got him covered.  That's a lot harder than people think it is

• Like 1