Aaron Rodgers officially begins holdout by skipping Packers mandatory mini-camp

TheKillerNacho

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I think there is zero anxiety for exactly those reasons. They know he will report to TC. He has millions of reasons to.

Meanwhile, they get a good look at Love running with the 1st team. Those are some really really valuable reps for both Love and the staff to analyze.

Maybe. Maybe not. 

Still, you can't deny the general disruption of what Rodgers is doing. If only for team unity. Having all this conjecture surrounding them has to have some effect on the pre-season. 

Edited by sledgehammer
  • Like 2

On 6/8/2021 at 11:01 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

NOTE: The previous thread on this subject descend into madness. 

Ohhh now I want to go back and read it. LOL

As a Raider fan I prefer him to retire. If Denver gets him Raiders have a few years of trouble in the division until caps are strapped. Also tired of every QB will replace Carr talk.... With Gruden and how he handled Mack, anything is possible. 

6 hours ago, sledgehammer said:

Maybe. Maybe not. 

Still, you can't deny the general disruption of what Rodgers is doing. If only for team unity. Having all this conjecture surrounding them has to have some effect on the pre-season. 

No, I don't think there's any "disruption". These guys are all focused on themselves. People wildly overestimate how much other players care about individuals who are holding out or whatever. 

Every other player is there and practicing and nobody is disrupted at all by this. I think even Andrew Brandt agrees with this notion that GB is glad he's not even there so they can get a look at Love.

Well, AR12 has been a man of his word, staying away is part of his plan to make the GB organization squirm, bet they're starting to feel the pucker. Will he get excused from certain team activities or will GB stand their ground and fine him....gonna be fun to watch. 

21 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Well, AR12 has been a man of his word, staying away is part of his plan to make the GB organization squirm, bet they're starting to feel the pucker. Will he get excused from certain team activities or will GB stand their ground and fine him....gonna be fun to watch. 

Teams can no longer waive fines for not reporting on time.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 12:04 AM, Packerraymond said:

Is every player the best QB to ever play coming off an MVP season?

Who gives a crap about the money? You're flushing at minimum 2 1st round picks and other players if not 3 1st rounders and multiple other picks if a bidding war happened.

I'd line up as #1 on the can Murphy and Gute if they sit there and let him retire without budging. 

If Packers trade Rodgers they take a 35m cap hit.   The team who trades for him expect to compete for a title otherwise they wouldn't make the trade.  Green Bay's cap situation in 2022 is seriously bad.

So to summarise.

If Packers trade Rodgers they are basically paying the best player in the league 35m they don't have  to attempt to win the super bowl for someone else. 

That's a pretty horrific situation. Lets say Denver win the championship and next season we have to cut players we could have kept but for the fact we are using a big chunk of the cap to pay Rodgers to play for Denver. If we get a haul off picks than I guess you have to consider it.  But I don't have any issues with Gute holding his ground and I'm okay with Rodgers retiring in fact I would prefer that to something like two first round picks that will probably be at the end of the first round.

There's also the ethical element. We have paid Rodgers bonus money to cover four years and he seems to think he can play for one year and run off with the rest of the money. Its borderline fraud if he could get away with that. Guess he would probably sign a new  contract elsewhere with a new bonus - maybe its all just an attempt to con Packers out of as much money as he can.

If Rodgers paid back all outstanding bonus and the roster bonus then I don't have a problem with trading him for something along the lines of two first rounders.  If not and we are still paying, I would demand far far more than that or tell him to retire and pay back what he owes.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 8:00 AM, sledgehammer said:

Maybe. Maybe not. 

There is disruption but probably not going to significantly impact the team at this stage.

Training Camp is another matter - if he doesn't show day 1 then it is going to cause disruption.  That's the point where pleasantries end. If I'm front office then I'm offering more guaranteed money at the moment but no trade.

If he doesn't show to training camp then any offers I take off the table and he plays on his current contract or sits out/retires/whatever and we focus on Love.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Y'all gullible. He ain't sitting all year.

Nope, Zero chance he forfeits $35M.  Now could he attempt a fanthom game of injury and excuses ala Trent Williams/Jalen Ramsey from a few seasons back, that is absolutely possible.

• Like 2