Aaron Rodgers officially begins holdout by skipping Packers mandatory mini-camp

TheKillerNacho

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Additionally, the math is an absolute toss-up in a vacuum as to what the "right" choice was there, whatever your (or anyone else's) emotions might say.

This I am very interested in. Do you have a link? I would love to know the probabilities. 

12 hours ago, Pool said:

Krause has 6 rings because he took over a team that had the best basketball player to ever play the game. Yes he made some solid moves but those championships are 80% Jordan and 20% Krause. And Krause would have had 7 or 8 rings if he had kept his ego in check and not broken up the team. 

Krause built 3 different championship winning teams, he is a great GM, all the anger directed towards him should have been directed at the owner who told Pippen he was never going to rework his contract. His personality was abrasive but he did good work, Jerry was an easy target because of his looks and players never go directly at ownership cause they´re too afraid of them.
Using Krause as an insult just tells me someones a casual that just watched the last dance.

Edited by ifeelasleep
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

what-is-irony.jpg

There's nothing ironic about me, someone who posts intelligently, pointing out a stupid post that refers to something intentionally misrepresented to score cheap, thoughtless reactions from other rubes.

It detracts from the site and intelligent discussion. I used to think he was better, but it seems not.

Just now, incognito_man said:

There's nothing ironic about me, someone who posts intelligently, pointing out a stupid post that refers to something intentionally misrepresented to score cheap, thoughtless reactions from other rubes.

It detracts from the site and intelligent discussion. I used to think he was better, but it seems not.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I responded, in jest

Did you not think that @ET80s post was also in jest? Or did you really think he though Funchess was your savior? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

Krause built 3 different championship winning teams, he is a great GM, all the anger directed towards him should have been directed at the owner who told Pippen he was never going to rework his contract. His personality was abrasive but he did good work, I blame that on the owner, Jerry was an easy target because of his looks and players never go directly at ownership they´re too afraid of them.
Using Krause as an insult just tells me someones a casual that just watched the last dance.

Is this the part where I tell you I grew up outside of Chicago in the 80's and 90's and that you couldn't be more wrong if you tried? How did Krause do as a GM after he broke up the team? Was he an amazing GM then? 

Oh and just cause I'm bored here ya go Jerry Krause Explained Breaking Up The Bulls In His Unpublished Memoir. ... In an excerpt taken from the unpublished memoir, NBC Chicago revealed Krause's reasoning for breaking up the team. Basically, the franchise couldn't afford to invest major money in ageing players who were beginning to show signs of slowing down

Edited by Pool

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Did you not think that @ET80s post was also in jest? Or did you really think he though Funchess was your savior? 

He brings it up in every unrelated thread he can because he is insecure and likes the attention and cheap "likes".

The actual irony is that all respectable readers recognize how gross it all is (and has been since the beginning). 

8 minutes ago, Pool said:

Is this the part where I tell you I grew up outside of Chicago in the 80's and 90's and that you couldn't be more wrong if you tried? How did Krause do as a GM after he broke up the team? Was he an amazing GM then? 

I was talking to the person that posted a jerry krause link as a joke. Success doesnt last forever, what he did after doesnt diminish his accomplishments, Im not saying he was the best GM, but making him a joke is ridiculous. A bad GM doesnt get to 6 rings even with Jordan, cant win by yourself in basketball.

Edited by ifeelasleep

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah but he gets most of his cheap likes by bashing the Texans and yelling for Easterby to get off his lawn. 

Two of the three most like posts on the site are on the misery the Texans bring to me...

This one wasn't really misery - it was celebration:

But yeah, my likes are from Texans related comments, not comments on a injury prone WR a single individual tried to sell as a #2 WR in the NFL...

Cheap likes are reserved for Texans bashing, not calling out bad football takes.

• Like 1

Just now, ifeelasleep said:

I was talking to the person that posted a jerry krause link as a joke. Success doesnt last forever, what he did after doesnt diminish his accomplishments, Im not saying he was the best GM, but making him a joke is ridiculous. I believe a bad GM doesnt get to 6 rings even with Jordan

Gotcha, you quoted me so I assumed you were talking to me. Krause was not a bad GM but definitely deserves the hate he gets from Bulls fans.

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You do realize this has absolutely nothing to do with the point of the post I quoted or my response yeah?

If not, here's what happened:

@Matts4313 posted an exchange in which Aaron Rodgers alluded to not getting the option to [win the game against TB due to a coaching decision on 4th down]. I responded, in jest, by pointing out he had 3 tries and came up woefully short which lead to a reasonable lack of confidence in a 4th down try. Additionally, the math is an absolute toss-up in a vacuum as to what the "right" choice was there, whatever your (or anyone else's) emotions might say.

None of this has anything to do with what the Packers team looks like with Aaron Rodgers starting or his current backups starting. In 2021 I don't think it really matters who starts at QB because I don't see 2021 GB as a super bowl team due to schedule and inability to fill out the roster since Rodgers refused to restructure.

Further, your point is disingenuous anyway. The choice is not Rodgers vs Backup, which team is better. The choice is: Rodgers vs Rodgersless team, but with significant draft and/or other capital and assets. That equation is much more interesting and the only comparison worth discussing. Nobody disagrees that simply removing Rodgers from the team makes the team worse. That is obvious. You are not clever for pointing out something obvious that everyone already knows and agrees with.

Maybe if the Packers had another legit option besides Davante Adams, they could have converted one of those attempts. Probably part of Rodgers frustration with the team's inability to add more weapons for him.

Brady had Evans, Godwin, AB, and Gronk. Probably helps in putting up points. The other team in the super bowl was also loaded with weapons. Probably didn't hurt.

I'm aware that I'm not clever. Believe me. But this GB team absolutely could be a superbowl contender if the FO made more aggressive moves, much like the Bucs, Chiefs, and Rams have done in recent years. If they aren't already, seeing as Rodgers consistently gets them reasonably far into the playoffs. It has nothing to do with Rodgers cap # that's for sure. That can always be finagled with if a team really wants to make moves to get things done.

Regardless, I'm aware these points will likely fly over your head. But carry on.

• Like 2

yeah the other post was in another page shouldve double quoted, still i see a similar sentiment here but Rodgers isnt even close to Jordan, hes really similar to Kevin Durant. If he leaves it will be like when Durant left OKC after having the warriors on the ropes. Both all time players but always something off.