Aaron Rodgers officially begins holdout by skipping Packers mandatory mini-camp

TheKillerNacho

7 hours ago, Pool said:

Is this the part where I tell you I grew up outside of Chicago in the 80's and 90's and that you couldn't be more wrong if you tried? How did Krause do as a GM after he broke up the team? Was he an amazing GM then? 

Oh and just cause I'm bored here ya go Jerry Krause Explained Breaking Up The Bulls In His Unpublished Memoir. ... In an excerpt taken from the unpublished memoir, NBC Chicago revealed Krause's reasoning for breaking up the team. Basically, the franchise couldn't afford to invest major money in ageing players who were beginning to show signs of slowing down

This is the truth. Krause was 100% correct.

Rodman was done.

• He played 35 more games in his career, but you know better than a 6 time winning GM. 🤣

Phil was done (he turned down a long term extension from the owner)

• He coached nowhere in 98-99 and then revitalized and started again in LA
  • He did this with a 27 year old Shaq and a 21 year old Kobe

Pippen was leaving for huge money and he HATED Jerry Reinsdorf for that deal.

Jordan had no interest in a rebuild. He retired!

• He stayed away for 3 years and then came back as a business move. He had zero interest in winning after 97-98

You sound like a "Belichick in Cleveland" know it all 🤡

Taking shots at a 6 time champ for not winning 7 because mommy and daddy lived near Chicago. 😂

Edited by SkippyX

5 hours ago, malak1 said:

He brings it up because it’s funny. You’re right, technically, Funchess was a number 1.

Calling Devin Funchess a #1 is like calling a tomato a fruit. You're technically right, but you're in for a surprise if you toss it in a smoothie.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm just pointing out what I see. "Haven't starved him of talent" isn't a ringing endorsement.

I'm just saying, look at the toys some of the other top qb's were getting. How hard would it have been to add an Agholor/Sanders/Tyrell Williams type of player and also draft a receiver early?

I understand the "their judgment thing". I used to believe more in that. Then I saw the continued assets being invested in our defense with 0 return and became more skeptical.

So you have evidence that GB never tried to add a veteran?  Is GB supposed to force a player to sign with them over another team?

On 6/15/2021 at 6:48 AM, mikemike778 said:

Actually I take it the opposite way - nobody is massively in the wrong just the two sides have different objectives which are incompatible.

Rodgers is the league MVP and doesn't want to be placeholder.  Its (Packers) his team and if that isn't the case and he is just keeping the seat warm then he wants to be somewhere else where he is the main man again.

Packers don't want to commit to Rodgers as he is pushing 38 and doing so would pretty much mean giving up on his successor. Likewise they are all-in this year to go for the title so trading him this season doesn't make sense.

So you have a Mexican standoff.  Pretty much everything else (all the culture, its about people stuff) is just noise. That's what it comes down to.  There isn't really a compromise - one side has to back down. Both sides have objectives which are completely reasonable.

I think that's a reasonable take too. 

5 hours ago, SkippyX said:

This is the truth. Krause was 100% correct.

Rodman was done.

• He played 35 more games in his career, but you know better than a 6 time winning GM. 🤣

Phil was done (he turned down a long term extension from the owner)

• He coached nowhere in 98-99 and then revitalized and started again in LA
  • He did this with a 27 year old Shaq and a 21 year old Kobe

Pippen was leaving for huge money and he HATED Jerry Reinsdorf for that deal.

Jordan had no interest in a rebuild. He retired!

• He stayed away for 3 years and then came back as a business move. He had zero interest in winning after 97-98

You sound like a "Belichick in Cleveland" know it all 🤡

Taking shots at a 6 time champ for not winning 7 because mommy and daddy lived near Chicago. 😂

You are so wrong it is not even worth debating. Literally every point. Wrong. And what's with the Mommy and Daddy line? Ya I lived with my parents. I was 12. Was I supposed to not be being supported by my parents or something? lol

24 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So you have evidence that GB never tried to add a veteran?  Is GB supposed to force a player to sign with them over another team?

I don't have evidence of anything. I find it hard to believe vet receivers wouldn't want to play with one of the best quarterbacks of all time.

25 minutes ago, squire12 said:

They could have pulled the trigger on Will Fuller. Suspension and all, he's better than any 2nd round pick you'll find at WR.

LOL I come looking for latest on Rodgers and I see a Krause discussion.

I think point that Krause was hated, at least in part, by players, media and public because of his looks is valid.

I think Krause made a lot of good moves during title era.  Those are all documented.  Best and unheralded move may have been bringing in Tex Winter to come with Jackson.  Jackson role was psychologist and Tex was the true basketball guy.

Probably because of low self esteem Krause really wanted credit for those moves and all credit for success was going to Jordan and Jackson.  So it lead him to make some unfortunate quotes in effort to garner some credit and respect.

Krause, like most NBA GMs of time, did not transition well to HS to NBA era and was a bad GM for that time.

2 hours ago, Pool said:

You are so wrong it is not even worth debating. Literally every point. Wrong. And what's with the Mommy and Daddy line? Ya I lived with my parents. I was 12. Was I supposed to not be being supported by my parents or something? lol

You were a 12 year old being supported by his parents? Ugh... you must be a millennial.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, malak1 said:

The thing is, in 2021 no one really talks about number 1 receivers like that anymore, so you guys were basically just talking past each other. In today’s football lexicon, calling Funchess a number 1 is ridiculous….and funny 

Not buying this at all. I've never heard any resistance to calling a team's #1WR a "WR1" in ANY written or spoken football dialogue in my entire life until this. It was a handful of people who couldn't get past it (for whatever reason). 99% of all football fans I know in 2021 still refer to it this way.

I liken it to them being like a group of northerners (of which I am also a member) at a diner in the south and laughing at someone for calling a non-Coca Cola soda a "Coke". They are at their private little table having a laugh while every onlooker realizes they're silly and immature for not understanding that there is widespread acceptance of a term/usage even if they don't personally participate in it or haven't been exposed to it.

LIS, it was all very stupid of a handful of people to make such a weird and dumb issue out of it then, and it's even dumber now to reference something HE misunderstood in the first place. I literally explained exactly what I meant immediately, they were being intentionally dumb from that point onward. Just trying to help him out :)

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

They could have pulled the trigger on Will Fuller. Suspension and all, he's better than any 2nd round pick you'll find at WR.

Yeah, they could have signed Will Fuller...if they could have borrowed cap space from Goodell...

GB could literally NOT have signed Will Fuller for even 50% of the contract he received from Miami. Mostly because Aaron Rodgers refused to restructure like many of his teammates did to try to allow the team to be "all-in" in 2021.

This has been explained numerous times already.

Edited by incognito_man

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

but why?  Fuller would not have been beneficial as he was suspended.  Then GB has no future pick to add the supposedly needed weapon for Rodgers.  

But I guess a top 3 scoring offense needs more weapons when it is a consistent theme that the defense is the issue

• Like 1