Jump to content

Aaron Rodgers officially begins holdout by skipping Packers mandatory mini-camp


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Bro, most of us posters have at least 1 Superbowl.

And how many of us have had the luxury of enduring sustained success over long periods of time AND winning a SB behind one of the greatest QBs of all time?

Point is, let's not put all QBs in the same box here. There are levels to this and as a Browns fan you should understand this in the same way I do as a Bears fan.

Ultimately, the Packers org as a whole have failed Rodgers over the years due to poor play-calling, lack of development on defense, and Thompson's inability to throw money into free agency and only trying build through the draft to fix these problems. 

With McCarthy, he failed to run the ball and put the entire offense on Rodgers shoulders. This aspect changed with Lafluer.

Development on defense has been an ongoing issue since Nick Collins' unfortunate injury back in '11, 12 or something like that (I'm too lazy to look it up). Since then, they haven't had a defense worth a damn. 31st in 2013, 16th in 2014, 21st, 24th, 29th, 15th, 17th.

And it's not like they didn't try to fix this problem, either. They have used a ton of capital over the years but they seem to either draft the wrong player and/or fail to develop them. For example, Casey Heyward, they drafted the right player but failed to develop him.  He only had 1 good season with the Packers and they let him go and then the Chargers signed him and he balled out for the next few years and was very underrated.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Just 1 superbowl. Something that only ~25-30 men have accomplished in their life (starting QB to win a superbowl). What a total clown. 

I'll take it all day long. In fact, give me 1 SB in exchange for 10 years of losing and you can have a blank check.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

And how many of us have had the luxury of enduring sustained success over long periods of time AND winning a SB behind one of the greatest QBs of all time?

Point is, let's not put all QBs in the same box here. There are levels to this and as a Browns fan you should understand this in the same way I do as a Bears fan.

Ultimately, the Packers org as a whole have failed Rodgers over the years due to poor play-calling, lack of development on defense, and Thompson's inability to throw money into free agency and only trying build through the draft to fix these problems. 

With McCarthy, he failed to run the ball and put the entire offense on Rodgers shoulders. This aspect changed with Lafluer.

Development on defense has been an ongoing issue since Nick Collins' unfortunate injury back in '11, 12 or something like that (I'm too lazy to look it up). Since then, they haven't had a defense worth a damn. 31st in 2013, 16th in 2014, 21st, 24th, 29th, 15th, 17th.

And it's not like they didn't try to fix this problem, either. They have used a ton of capital over the years but they seem to either draft the wrong player and/or fail to develop them. For example, Casey Heyward, they drafted the right player but failed to develop him.  He only had 1 good season with the Packers and they let him go and then the Chargers signed him and he balled out for the next few years and was very underrated.

5e40jx.jpg

 

I agree that the Packers team as a whole has underachieved and been mostly uninspiring to watch, despite Rodgers at QB ≥ most of us forum posters. McCarthy really was and is garbage (he's no Dom Capers, but really who is?). The Cowboys need to fire that guy yesterday. The team will go nowhere with him as head coach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

5e40jx.jpg

 

I agree that the Packers team as a whole has underachieved and been mostly uninspiring to watch, despite Rodgers at QB ≥ most of us forum posters. McCarthy really was and is garbage (he's no Dom Capers, but really who is?). The Cowboys need to fire that guy yesterday. The team will go nowhere with him as head coach.

Lol I will openly admit that I did think McCarthy going to the Cowboys was a good fit (just as long as he didn't ignore Zeke) and last year proved me wrong. But that was with Dalton too so...we'll see.

McCarthy def made alot of mistakes in GB but again it wasn't just him either. It was just a collective group of mistakes that formed into one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How many franchises wish their coach made the mistakes that got to 4 NFCCGs and won 1 Super Bowl in 13 years.

  • Andy Reid in Philly  130-93-1 10-9 in the playoffs with 5 NFCCGs 1 SB 0 Lombardi Trophies
  • Mike McCarthy in GB: 125-77-2 10-8 in the playoffs with 4 NFCCGs 1 SB and a Lombardi Trophy

Andy's QB imploded in 4 of 5 NFCCGs

McCarthy's QBs imploded in his first 2 (they still won the 2nd) and his QB was not good enough in the other 2.

  • I'm not sure how you blame a coach for the idiot jumping in front of a clean onside kick recovery 
  • Or for a DB picking off a pass and conspiring with a teammate to fall down instead of running for 40 yards
  • Rodgers and McCarthy get equal or 60/40 credit for their time together like all long term coach/QBs

If McCarthy was the reason for the NFCCG failures then why does the same QB still fall on his face without him?

An 83.7 rated NFCCG QB with 9 TDs and 8 picks after 6 games at 1-5 has already self identified.

 

The difference is that people wrongly think McCarthy was a bad coach instead of just not a great one.

The other is that most people think Rodgers is a great QB and choker who has no right to be the Packers GM

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Lol I will openly admit that I did think McCarthy going to the Cowboys was a good fit (just as long as he didn't ignore Zeke) and last year proved me wrong.

The only thing McCarthy did wrong was hire Nolan, whom he fired after the season. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The only thing McCarthy did wrong was hire Nolan, whom he fired after the season. 

You left out this part of my quote.....

21 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Lol I will openly admit that I did think McCarthy going to the Cowboys was a good fit (just as long as he didn't ignore Zeke) and last year proved me wrong. But that was with Dalton too so...we'll see.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know where Dalton ranks on the QB rating list from 2017-present?

I would guess its in the 30s.

 

Dallas had 3 problems last year.

  • They lost a lot of defensive talent.
  • Their coaches on D were over their head and did not have them ready to play in some situations.
  • Their O-line and QB got mangled.

Blaming and dismissing a coach who was Green Bay's version of Andy Reid for that is mind boggling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

 

 

Could be an interesting way for Rodgers to gain leverage.

The problem with that is then the Packers are under absolutely no pressure to trade him until at least the off-season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spilltray said:

The problem with that is then the Packers are under absolutely no pressure to trade him until at least the off-season.

It would still allow Rodgers to force the Packers hand this year and/or create a very awkward situation next offseason with out all the financial issues @incognito_man alluded too. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

 

 

Could be an interesting way for Rodgers to gain leverage.

Really interesting.

Doesn't that force them into carrying that cap number in a year they didn't plan it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2021 at 2:26 AM, NudeTayne said:

5e40jx.jpg

 

I agree that the Packers team as a whole has underachieved and been mostly uninspiring to watch, despite Rodgers at QB ≥ most of us forum posters. McCarthy really was and is garbage (he's no Dom Capers, but really who is?). The Cowboys need to fire that guy yesterday. The team will go nowhere with him as head coach.

I think it's a little early to come to that conclusion about McCarthy in Dallas.  Last year was totally crazy with no off season workouts, all the Covid opt-outs, etc.  We also need to remember that the Cowboys were playing without their starting QB.  If they aren't any better this year, then I can see what you're saying, but it only makes sense to give they guy one real season before writing him off as a failure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I think it's a little early to come to that conclusion about McCarthy in Dallas.  Last year was totally crazy with no off season workouts, all the Covid opt-outs, etc.  We also need to remember that the Cowboys were playing without their starting QB.  If they aren't any better this year, then I can see what you're saying, but it only makes sense to give they guy one real season before writing him off as a failure.

Bro, stahhp. I'm trying to work a narrative here. Please select between the two options. Thank you.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NudeTayne said:

Bro, stahhp. I'm trying to work a narrative here. Please select between the two options. Thank you.

 

I should have known.  Sorry, Nudie!  xD

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...