Aaron Rodgers officially begins holdout by skipping Packers mandatory mini-camp

TheKillerNacho

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

At this point, do we know what Aaron Rodgers specifically wants?

No, and frankly I doubt he's even entirely sure anymore. I think he wanted the trade on draft day and when it didn't happen he didn't have many options left.

May  24-25 & 27th - Is the Packers Voluntary Organized Team Activities

June 1st - The date everyone seems to think makes sense for the Packers to trade Aaron Rodgers

June 1st, 2nd & 4th - Voluntary Organized Team Activities 

June 8th-10th - Mandatory minicamp

If Aaron Rodgers still hasn't shown up to the GB facility by June 8th, then Houston we got a problem, pun intended. 

This is from a previous thread regarding the timeline of "when does something has to happen by"

It's now July 8th. What's going on?

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

May  24-25 & 27th - Is the Packers Voluntary Organized Team Activities

June 1st - The date everyone seems to think makes sense for the Packers to trade Aaron Rodgers

June 1st, 2nd & 4th - Voluntary Organized Team Activities 

June 8th-10th - Mandatory minicamp

If Aaron Rodgers still hasn't shown up to the GB facility by June 8th, then Houston we got a problem, pun intended. 

This is from a previous thread regarding the timeline of "when does something has to happen by"

It's now July 8th. What's going on?

Nothing. Rodgers wasn't going to show for mini-camp regardless. He's spoken out against those for a while already. The story doesn't get interesting until training camp (July 27th) and the mandatory fines.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Nothing to do with the Green Bay Packers...

He wants to choose his exit timeline from the Packers. He doesn't want to get "Favre'd" (different situation but the same), however, the Love pick complicates that. 

My guess is his ordered preference is:

1- Play and retire in GB once he is ready to retire

2- Choose his landing spot now where he can play until he chooses to end his career

We'll see over the next month how palatable it is for him to play 1 more season for GB before picking his landing spot.

It will be interesting to see if Rodgers agrees to an interview this weekend at the celebrity golf event at Lake Tahoe. NBC interviews him every year on the 17th tee on Saturday, asking about the offseason and what he thinks of the upcoming season. He normally provides fairly blunt answers, but always with a positive spin.

Obviously this year is different and an interview would be more awkward. Rodgers is playing. They showed him quite a bit during the first round today but did not talk to him, although many other athletes did interview. Saturday is the festive day at the event, with the most joking around and highest number of interviews. Sunday is more focus on the golf but there are some player interviews. Both rounds will be telecast on NBC at 2:30 PM Eastern.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

"last 2 months" is an unnecessary qualifier ha

Nothing has happened ever with this but rumors

Not true at all. Brady's jokes about Rodgers maybe being the Packers QB (and Aaron laughing) says that there is definitely something going on. Now, yes, there are a lot of unsubstantiated rumors at this point, but it's not make-believe. 

18 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Not true at all. Brady's jokes about Rodgers maybe being the Packers QB (and Aaron laughing) says that there is definitely something going on. Now, yes, there are a lot of unsubstantiated rumors at this point, but it's not make-believe. 

Oh I am not saying the situation isn't real. It is 100% real. I'm just saying nothing has actually happened about it. It's just all posturing so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Oh I am not saying the situation isn't real. It is 100% real. I'm just saying nothing has actually happened about it. It's just all posturing so far.

Okay. Gotcha. And I agree, there hasn't really been any big move this summer by anyone involved. As another poster pointed out, things could get interesting in the end of July but not really any reason to expect anything until then, if at all.