2021 OTA and TC Thread

Trentwannabe

18 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'll just spitball and say around 65% which is hovering around the national mean

I certainly hope its not that low as the NFL is at 85% and 14 of 32 teams are 90% or higher that would put the bills at a huge disadvantage going in to camp at 65%.

12 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Some questions to hopefully be answered in the next few weeks:

Who will be CB2?
Will the Bills keep 7 WR's?
Who is the main returner?
Who starts at LG and RG?
How does the DL rotation look?

I think Levi Wallace is the lock at #2 unless Dane comes out impressing. While Levi struggles at time overall he has been good for us since being picked up 3 years ago. He has pretty much beaten out his competition every offseason to lock up the #2 spot. People have been expressing that CB2 is a huge issue but the bills were 13th against the pass last year. With more pass rushers added I think it will improve against the passing game giving the DBs some help that they didnt get much of last year.

I am definitely interested in the main returner. Mckenzie has me fired up after watching him move in that Miami game but I would like to see him continue that process. It is a bit concerning moving on from Andre Roberts as he was a guy who didnt get the deserved credit at times. 

I think you should add to it:

who will be the starting rb?
Who will be that surprise cut?
Who will be the camp standout that gets the roster spot that wasn't expected?

24 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Who will be CB2?
Who starts at LG and RG?

I think a lot of people are making CB2 out to be a close competition, but I don't think it's all that close. Levi Wallace was an above average CB2 last year. I know a lot of fans want an upgrade, but I am content with Levi as our CB2. Dane Jackson showed some flashes, but he still has a ways to go. We only had one loss with Levi in the starting lineup last season. This guy deserves way more respect than he's getting.

Edited by Billsfaninptown

9 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think Levi Wallace is the lock at #2 unless Dane comes out impressing. While Levi struggles at time overall he has been good for us since being picked up 3 years ago. He has pretty much beaten out his competition every offseason to lock up the #2 spot. People have been expressing that CB2 is a huge issue but the bills were 13th against the pass last year. With more pass rushers added I think it will improve against the passing game giving the DBs some help that they didnt get much of last year.

5 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I think a lot of people are making CB2 out to be a close competition, but I don't think it's all that close. Levi Wallace was an above average CB2 last year. I know a lot of fans want an upgrade, but I am content with Levi as our CB2. Dane Jackson showed some flashes, but he still has a ways to go. We only had one loss with Levi in the starting lineup last season. This guy deserves way more respect than he's getting.

I love Wallace and believe he starts day 1 but Beane has said it'll be an open competition or at the very least Jackson is competing for a starting role. 

14 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

who will be the starting rb?
Who will be that surprise cut?
Who will be the camp standout that gets the roster spot that wasn't expected?

I like these as well.

My guess would be a 60-40 split in favour of Moss. Harrison Phillips as a surprise cut and Jack Anderson as a standout who earns a spot. 

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Who will be CB2?
Who starts at LG and RG?

My Predictions 

Levi Wallace

No

Isaiah McKenzie maybe Marquez Stevenson 

Jon Feliciano and Cody Ford

5 DE (Hughes, Addison, Epenesa, Rousseau, Basham)

5 DT (Lotuleilei, Oliver, Butler, Phillips, Zimmer)

*If Epenesa impresses, I think Jerry Hughes gets released 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

From Beanes presser:

Dion Dawkins and Ike Boettger are in COVID protocol and Jerry Hughes will start camp on NFI due to a “minor” calf issue from training. 

Awesome glad to hear they are at 80% hopefully it will be like that for the 53 man roster and not drop. I just want them all to get the vaccine so they can have a season to focus on the season and not have to worry about outbreak or losing a player to a game because of it. 

• Like 1

What I found interesting is Beane said that he has seen some great progress in the Te group thus far but if there was an opportunity to upgrade any position they would do it. Granted this was through tweets so I am not 100% sure if it was talking specifically at the TE group or just in general