2021 OTA and TC Thread

Trentwannabe

27 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Standouts so far according to most reports:

WR Jake Kumerow 

DE Greg Rousseau 

RB Zack Moss and Matt Breida 

I think they are pumping Kumerow up to move him to GB. I just dont know how you can retain him to be your 6/7th wr over young standouts that you have on the roster with Hodgins and Stevenson. If Kumerow was younger maybe I can see it but the bills are top heavy in which they can give these young guys more room to grow rather then cutting him for a 29 year old wr. 

If Breida sticks I would have to assume they are going to put him in the situation where yeldon was last year and having him as a healthy scratch few weeks while they evaluate singletary and moss and if one starts to fall out with the coaching staff then they will be the healthy scratch and breida will be in. Taiwan Jones will always be the 3rd back if he makes the roster as he is a ST ace for them. If they are able to fill his spot with a guy like Stevenson then all 3 may be all 3 will be available come gameday

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:
5 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think they are pumping Kumerow up to move him to GB. I just dont know how you can retain him to be your 6/7th wr over young standouts that you have on the roster with Hodgins and Stevenson. If Kumerow was younger maybe I can see it but the bills are top heavy in which they can give these young guys more room to grow rather then cutting him for a 29 year old wr. 

The media and fans praising Kumerow will have zero affect on other teams wanting to trade for him. The hype isn’t coming from the Bills themselves. He’s gotten some first team reps and has the trust of Allen which is pretty big. He also plays 4 ST units.

How are Stevenson and Hodgins young standouts? If the Bills elect to keep McKenzie this year they can put one of those two onto the PS and if Stevenson beats out McKenzie for PR/KR then they both make the roster with Kumerow as well.

18 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Boettger was back at practice but not practicing today. Dawkins expected back this week.

Enjoyed this piece on today’s practice. Pads go on tomorrow!

To me that seems like Ike was vaccinated and dawkins is not, as they were both placed on the list on the same day and one was said to be vaccinated and the other was not.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

The media and fans praising Kumerow will have zero affect on other teams wanting to trade for him. The hype isn’t coming from the Bills themselves. He’s gotten some first team reps and has the trust of Allen which is pretty big. He also plays 4 ST units.

How are Stevenson and Hodgins young standouts? If the Bills elect to keep McKenzie this year they can put one of those two onto the PS and if Stevenson beats out McKenzie for PR/KR then they both make the roster with Kumerow as well.

Mckenzie is said to be a lock according to Talbot. "A sharpie at #5" is what was said. We will see on kumerow I think if it has to be down to those 3 then I would move kumerow for a late round pick and focusing on developing the young guys. You already know what kumerow is capable of doing he shined in GB camp last year and was cut. I think he is this years Duke Williams in which he gets alot of fan favorite talk but doesnt actually translate to something on the team other then a psqaud player. Maybe I am wrong but I wouldnt be shocked if he is being hyped up only to be moved back to GB.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

To me that seems like Ike was vaccinated and dawkins is not, as they were both placed on the list on the same day and one was said to be vaccinated and the other was not.

It could also mean Dawkins had symptoms. I believe they need two days with negative test before they can return.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Mckenzie is said to be a lock according to Talbot. "A sharpie at #5" is what was said. We will see on kumerow I think if it has to be down to those 3 then I would move kumerow for a late round pick and focusing on developing the young guys. You already know what kumerow is capable of doing he shined in GB camp last year and was cut. I think he is this years Duke Williams in which he gets alot of fan favorite talk but doesnt actually translate to something on the team other then a psqaud player. Maybe I am wrong but I wouldnt be shocked if he is being hyped up only to be moved back to GB.

There’s really no comparison between Kumerow and Williams. JK has actual
NFL experience and has it on this team. He plays on 4 ST. Yes GB cut him and that is what sent Rodgers over board. He said JK was the 2nd best WR in camp last season. Bills aren’t giving him first team reps in 4 WR sets for no reason. Williams was a stud in the CFL and came into cano when the WR was a weakness. He contributed nothing to specials. 

Bills can still develop and focus on their young guys when they’re on the PS. Guaranteed Stevenson or Hodgins makes it to the PS where Kumerow has already proven he’ll be claimed (BUF and NO last year)