2021 OTA and TC Thread

Trentwannabe

3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

No, I didn't see us keeping 3 DT. It'll be 4. Harrison Phillips seems to be facing up hill battle. Justin Zimmer I like as 4th.

Has Basham been taking reps inside in camp ?

Yeah Zimmer is getting a lot of love. With Butler currently concussed that could change things.

I haven’t  seen anything official about Basham or Obada flipping inside but a lot of the local guys keep talking  about it which makes me think they’re seeing that at camp.

On 8/10/2021 at 3:37 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah Zimmer is getting a lot of love. With Butler currently concussed that could change things.

I haven’t  seen anything official about Basham or Obada flipping inside but a lot of the local guys keep talking  about it which makes me think they’re seeing that at camp.

They showed Obada press conference on OBL the other day and he talked about how he was working inside and outside. Said he liked working inside because of his size and that Guards are typically smaller (length/height) than an OT so he can win the hand battles a lot better.

2 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

They showed Obada press conference on OBL the other day and he talked about how he was working inside and outside. Said he liked working inside because of his size and that Guards are typically smaller (length/height) than an OT so he can win the hand battles a lot better.

Makes sense. I’ve heard them talk about a nascar package where those faster guys would slip  inside on obvious passing downs. Obada and Boogie will add such a unique dimension to the defense and allows Butler and whoever the other backup DT is to focus on the run mostly 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 7:31 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Makes sense. I’ve heard them talk about a nascar package where those faster guys would slip  inside on obvious passing downs. Obada and Boogie will add such a unique dimension to the defense and allows Butler and whoever the other backup DT is to focus on the run mostly 

With Allen likely getting teams in a shoot out, this has nice potential on 3rd downs. If Basham and Obada can penetrate from the interior our already elite level secondary gets alot better.

Drafting multiple DL and signing Obada is starting to make alot more sense. I'm looking forward to the looks well show next week with our DL

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Drafting multiple DL and signing Obada is starting to make alot more sense. I'm looking forward to the looks well show next week with our DL

It definitely appears to be a staple of McDermotts defense and the variety of looks and players in and out should keep guys fresh for a long season.

Ike Boetgger seems to be getting a ton of negative press. He was beat alot during the Lions game, I wonder if he is on the bubble?

Ford was getting praise and he had a decent outing against Detroit it seems like the expected starting lineup will be LT Dawkins, LG Feliciano, C Morse, RG Ford, RT Williams

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Ike Boetgger seems to be getting a ton of negative press. He was beat alot during the Lions game, I wonder if he is on the bubble?

Ford was getting praise and he had a decent outing against Detroit it seems like the expected starting lineup will be LT Dawkins, LG Feliciano, C Morse, RG Ford, RT Williams

Who would be the backup Guard if they moved on from Ike?

Lamp has been hurt twice in camp and I doubt Anderson is ready. I guess if Douglas looked good enough I could see it but I think the staff really likes Boettger and his flexibility.

Dawkins wasn't fully vaccinated and ended up spending 4 days in the hospital with COVID. He lost 15 pounds in that period. not trying to get in a debate about this and it is horrible for anyone to end up in the hospital for this illness. As a fan only viewing it from the sports side of it I think it is key for this team to be as fully vaccinated as possible just to not run the risk of having something this serious happen to a player mid season. Is dawkins going to be ready week 1 as McDermott said he has a long way to go to be ready week 1, do you run the risk of putting your 250+ mil qb out there in a meaningless game to get some reps in without having your blindside taken care of? One player has the impact of setting the offense back by not being fully vaccinated, and I just hope his teammates around him realize the severity of it by testing positive may be a bump in the road but testing positive with serious symptoms is a completely different animal. Hopefully he regains everything before week 1 just puts in prospective how important it is to get the vaccination for a player as the season is 3 weeks away and he has already missed an entire week of practice, recovery time to be ready to play may be a month long for him (thats 4 games if it was mid season)