Bears OTA 2

WindyCity

18 minutes ago, G08 said:

I read somewhere he has asthma and with COVID-19 primarily attacking the lungs, he may be concerned.

Simple solution: get the ******* vaccine.

We are also at the point where you are less likely to get Covid in an NFL building then you are anywhere else in the world.

If he has Covid concerns it will be no different when camp rolls around.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

What answer would make you feel okay about it?

Pretty much anything reasonable likely would have gotten him excused. They are worried about it, it will have been 600 days at that point since they saw him on a field.

I'm not implying it's OK when it's not only that he must have given Nagy and Pace a reason which they aren't giving. (no surprise there).  So let's list a few possibilities.

1) He's out of shape and not wanting to risk an injury wants to work out on his own prior to camp.  He didn't workout at Halas Hall in the offseason either.  We know that much.

2) He still has concerns about COVID and the efficacy of the vaccines so he's still fearful of exposure despite all of the precautions taken by the Bears and the NFL.

3) Because of #2 he may be contemplating sitting out again or even retiring.  Or he's weighing his salary of around $4.7 mil vs the risk of becoming infected.

If it's #1 then as Nagy has said they expect him to show up at camp in shape and ready to rock 'n roll.

If it's #2 or #3 we have an ongoing issue that can only be resolved if Goldman chooses to resolve it himself.

A salary hold out hasn't been mentioned but that or another issue impacting his contract are always a possibility but they've chosen to keep it internal.  I'm just a guy like any other guy whose looking for some answers.

Some of the info from today

Robinson

-Will be in camp

-No update on a contract

-Has been in constant communication with Fields

Trevathan

-Excited about Desai

-Has talked to Goldman when he can, but Goldman is hard to get a hold of [this is weird]

18 hours ago, malak1 said:

Relax. It’s probably out of context or Nagy isn’t a precise speaker. For example, what if Dalton dies tomorrow, or gets his lung punctured by a team doctor? That’s literally one scenario where Fields would start. HOPEFULLY, the way fields starts over Dalton is that he is demonstrably far and away better than Dalton in the preseason.

Hopefully Nagy isn't getting his point across correctly. Because otherwise, he's spouting garbage. 

And I like Dalton. 

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

The stated hope is he doesn’t play for a long while because Dalton is winning games.   

Nagy wants to follow the Mahomes KC blueprint as best he can.

Which, I will say again, is idiotic. The two situations are completely different. 

It's perplexing, what Nagy is saying.

8 hours ago, G08 said:

Let the kid develop the mental side of the game before we throw him out there against the likes of Aaron Donald, etc.

And I'm fine with that. No reason to mess up his progress because fans are clamoring to see him on the field. Nagy's comments...suggested there is a weird, most likely ill-conceived, framework in place, though. There shouldn't be. 

Hopefully, it's like @malak1 said, and Nagy just wasn't making himself clear. He really is a moron, otherwise. 

5 hours ago, G08 said:

I read somewhere he has asthma and with COVID-19 primarily attacking the lungs, he may be concerned.

Simple solution: get the ******* vaccine.

I'd be willing to bet that all NFL personnel will HAVE to be vaccinated. 

Maybe that's his problem? 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I'd be willing to bet that all NFL personnel will HAVE to be vaccinated.

Players don't *have* to, but they will have a ton more restrictions placed on them and can be fined up to $50,000 for being out at clubs/parties/social gatherings.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, G08 said:

Players don't *have* to, but they will have a ton more restrictions placed on them and can be fined up to $50,000 for being out at clubs/parties/social gatherings.

Wow. I'm amazed the league didn't make it mandatory. That's...not very smart. A mistake. 

Delta makes it mandatory for in-flight personnel, the NFL does a half-assed, piecemeal thing. That's only going to complicate things further down the line. Yikes. 

22 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Wow. I'm amazed the league didn't make it mandatory. That's...not very smart. A mistake. 

Delta makes it mandatory for in-flight personnel, the NFL does a half-assed, piecemeal thing. That's only going to complicate things further down the line. Yikes. 

They pretty much did. 

If you are unvaccinated you are pretty much not on the team.

You have to make your on travel arrangements to get to away games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I think they were straddling a political line. 

• Like 1