Bears OTA 2

WindyCity

I'll leave this nugget here as well.

Now, Fields is officially a Chicago Bear.

According to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, the Bears have agreed to terms with Fields on a fully guaranteed four-year contract worth $18.871 million, which includes a $11.085 million signing bonus.

That would make the annual cap cost of his signing bonus $2.771 mil and when his $660k 2021 salary is added his total 2021 cap cost is $3.431 mil.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, G08 said:

Ohhhhhhh... so what is considered a fair shake for Andy Dalton? How many games?

He was promised to be starter when he signed.  So I would say 1 game at least would be fair from Pace perspective.   Nagy seems to think it is going to be cool for Fields to sit the year and learn.   

I am just saying fans aren't waiting to see the Dalton show.   He better be perfect or he is going to hear it.

Chicago fans aren't like KC fans and Dalton isn't Alex Smith playing at top of his game in his 3rd year along with a stacked offense.  

They used to yell for Tomczak when McMahon was playing anytime McMahon was struggling.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I am just saying fans aren't waiting to see the Dalton show.   He better be perfect or he is going to hear it.

Fair point.

I think as long as Dalton doesn't **** the bed, he will get at least 3 games. If he plays well and we are winning, he's not going anywhere. If he plays well and we are losing, maybe he will get yanked after 5 games.

If he plays poorly and we're losing, I could see a switch come Week 3.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Fair point.

I think as long as Dalton doesn't **** the bed, he will get at least 3 games. If he plays well and we are winning, he's not going anywhere. If he plays well and we are losing, maybe he will get yanked after 5 games.

I think Fields will be the opening day starter. Too much stuff out of camp, too many quotes, to convince me otherwise. 

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Fair point.

If we aren't 4-1 or at least 3-2 I would be shocked at 5 games

I think unless Fields lights it up in preseason Dalton probably gets game 1 for sure.  I think way Nagy does preseason that is unlikely.   

If Rams puddle stomp Bears all bets are off from there.   Any outcome in game 1 wouldn't surprise me.   Game 1s are crazy because you just spent a full month preparing for one team.

Why Bowl games used to be so lopsided.   

5 hours ago, soulman said:

Aw, give the guy a chance.  I mean he drove all the way up from Dallas so at least he deserves a chocolate shake right?

Absolutely He does.

He has enough money from his contract. He can easily get JaMarcus Russell fat and still have plenty of coin left over. 🤣

• Like 1