What are the best playoff games between division foes? What are the worst?

TecmoSuperJoe

So obviously playoff games between division rivals. Trying to think of the best ones that come to mind. 

Best:

2013 NFC Championship 49ers/Seahawks. 

2008 AFC Championship Ravens/Steelers

2010 AFC Divisional Ravens/Steelers

1977 AFC Championship Raiders/Broncos

2004 NFC Wild Card Rams/Seahawks

2004 NFC Wild Card Vikings/Packers

1979 AFC Championship Oilers/Steelers

2010 AFC Divisional Jets/Patriots 

2002 AFC Wild Card Browns/Steelers

2007 NFC Divisional Giants/Cowboys

1988 AFC Wild Card Oilers/Browns

1980 AFC Championship Raiders/Chargers

2000 AFC Divisional Ravens/Titans

2000 NFC Wild Card Rams/Saints

Worst:

1989 NFC Championship Rams/49ers

2010 NFC Championship Packers/Bears

2015 AFC Wild Card Steelers/Bengals

2005 AFC Wild Card Steelers/Bengals

1994 NFC Wild Card Bears/Vikings

1990 AFC Wild Card Oilers/Bengals

1998 NFC Divisional 49ers/Falcons

1999 AFC Championship Titans/Jaguars

2020 NFC Wild Card Rams/Seahawks

1992 AFC Championship Bills/Dolphins

That's all I have for now. But I'd like to hear more. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

2008 Steelers/Ravens was great.  Probably not as good as their 2 regular season games but if you love defensive football, all of their games were as good as it gets.  And it had this clutch finish by Polamalu:

He was a rookie going up against one of the best defenses of the 2000s so hard to fault him, but man what did Flacco even see on that throw 

Vikings at Packers in the 2004 Wild Card was a real gem.

2007 was the first season the Cowboys felt genuinely unstoppable since '95, so the Giants beating them in Dallas was amazing.

Giants vs Eagles in 2000 wasn't great in the competitive sense, but I still enjoy watching it for the raucous atmosphere and this:

Washington vs Dallas in the '82 NFCCG is another one of my favorites, even though the final score wasn't close.

Edited by y*so*blu

Easily the best division rivalry playoff games are those staged as conference championship games. These are among the most significant games ever played between two teams from the same division.

I want this to happen more often. Helping in that regard would be the removal of seeding priority for division winners, which would allow a second-place team to get as high as the #2 seed, behind only a division rival.

First two I thought of were the 1979 and 1980 AFC Championship Games. Different types of games but great intense theater. 1979 I expected Houston to get bullied. Instead it was the closest they ever came to kicking down the door. There was the infamous bad call on the touchdown pass to Mike Renfro. Final score looks more lopsided than the game itself. Actually those Steeler teams had several games with misleading final scores, including the Super Bowls versus the Vikings and Rams.

The following year San Diego was a 7 point favorite but I fully expected the Raiders to win, to the point I bet a heck of a lot more than I could afford as a college kid. The Raiders got ahead then it was a matter of matching points. Huge plays all afternoon. 

I'm surprised the 1982 Dolphins/Jets AFC Championship Game was not mentioned. Many deemed it a terrible game, largely due to field conditions and the lack of offense. Obviously as a Dolphins fan I loved it, in particular the play of A.J. Duhe. It was his signature game as a pro.