MVP leaders at this point.

resilient part 2

6 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

I don't think I've heard once by a media member mention the Eagles schedule.

Not an SOS argument, but suggesting 8 teams have a better chance at SB than the Eagles:

Nick Wright, FS1

It's just an example of the lens the Eagles are seen through by the national media. 

2 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

It's not just bulk stats, Brady is also killing Wentz in efficiency. In fact the gap between Brady's and Wentz' efficiency stats is greater than their gap in bulk stats. You'd think Wentz would lead in efficiency (like YPA, comp %, TD/int ratio etc)  since opposing defenses are so dialed to stop the Eagles run game and less so the pass (like you said Wentz doesn't attempt as many passes in critical late game situations). Defenses know Brady will pass and still can't stop it, that says a lot imo. 

Where the heck are you getting this from? Or did you just make it up in your head?

2 hours ago, 808 said:

Not an SOS argument, but suggesting 8 teams have a better chance at SB than the Eagles:

Nick Wright, FS1

It's just an example of the lens the Eagles are seen through by the national media. 

That's just what Nick Wright does - pay no mind to him, he's a professional troll. Or, read the 2,645 Power Rankings that have the Eagles #1 or #2 for a better representation.

5 hours ago, 808 said:

Nick Wright, FS1

So a guy who, literally said in the same week, that the Steelers are better than the Patriots across the board except for QB and HC is now being taken seriously?! Dude, like everyone at FS1 and ESPN gives hot takes to get views.

I know it's literally Brady then Carson but I have to ask where Antonio Brown sits, taking positional bias out of the equation.

In Week 1 he caught a 38-yard reception against the Browns in literal triple coverage that sealed the game.

In Week 6 he caught a reception on the deflection against the Chiefs in bracketed coverage and ran an additional 30+ yards for the game-winning touch down.

In Week 10 he caught a 32 yard reception on 3rd and 4 to put the Steelers in position to kick the game-winning field goal.

In Week 12 he caught the final two receptions - including the ridiculous sideline catch - to put the Steelers in position to kick the game-winning field goal.

6 hours ago, 808 said:

Nick Wright, FS1

Might as well quote Skip Bayless and LaVar Ball while you’re at it. 

Wright in no way, shape, or form, represents the opinion of the national media. 

1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

I know it's literally Brady then Carson but I have to ask where Antonio Brown sits, taking positional bias out of the equation.

In Week 1 he caught a 38-yard reception against the Browns in literal triple coverage that sealed the game.

In Week 6 he caught a reception on the deflection against the Chiefs in bracketed coverage and ran an additional 30+ yards for the game-winning touch down.

In Week 10 he caught a 32 yard reception on 3rd and 4 to put the Steelers in position to kick the game-winning field goal.

In Week 12 he caught the final two receptions - including the ridiculous sideline catch - to put the Steelers in position to kick the game-winning field goal.

love the idea.   if he does a spectacular job against the pats and wins, then sign me up for giving it to AB - the best WR by a wide margin.

10 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Might as well quote Skip Bayless and LaVar Ball while you’re at it. 

Wright in no way, shape, or form, represents the opinion of the national media. 

Someone currently in the national media doesn't represent the opinion of the national media? Got it. Just giving an example of how the Eagles are viewed by some, doesn't matter if everyone hates Wright.

But while we're at it, "stay in your lane."

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, 808 said:

Someone currently in the national media doesn't represent the opinion of the national media? Got it. Just giving an example of how the Eagles are viewed by some, doesn't matter if everyone hates Wright.

But while we're at it, "stay in your lane."

giphy.gif

Well, if you're waiting for everyone to drop to their knees and praise the Eagles, you're going to be disappointed. It doesn't work like that, there is no undisputed champion in ANY sport (how many people discredit the Patriots, the Astros, the Warriors - teams that just won their respective championship). Someone is going to find a flaw and talk about it - doesn't make them right, does not represent the general consensus. 

There are going to be detractors - get used to it, or you're going to go insane.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Well, if you're waiting for everyone to drop to their knees and praise the Eagles, you're going to be disappointed. It doesn't work like that, there is no undisputed champion in ANY sport (how many people discredit the Patriots, the Astros, the Warriors - teams that just won their respective championship). Someone is going to find a flaw and talk about it - doesn't make them right, does not represent the general consensus. 

There are going to be detractors - get used to it, or you're going to go insane.

I feel you ET, this is all true. I'm not even necessarily looking for the absolute praise you are eluding to. Just wanted to point out how a 9-game win streak is downplayed by some because of a perceived lack of challenge. When in reality, wins in the NFL are very difficult.

We'll see how things turn out over the next few weeks. Maybe the narrative changes if the Eagles continue to play well at Seattle and at the Rams in the back to back games. Maybe Wentz can gain some ground on Brady in the MVP talk, as NE plays at the Bills and at the Dolphins the next two weeks. 

11 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Brown absolutely deserves credit and to be in the discussion. Problem is, would the MVP voters ever take position bias out of the equation? 

10 minutes ago, 808 said:

I feel you ET, this is all true. I'm not even necessarily looking for the absolute praise you are eluding to. Just wanted to point out how a 9-game win streak is downplayed by some because of a perceived lack of challenge. When in reality, wins in the NFL are very difficult.

I agree - I pay zero mind to anyone citing things such as SOS and such. Unless you're winning nine in a row vs the Browns every week, every W matters.

You've got to look at the source of anyone down playing a streak like that - usually, their motive it to generate content and reaction - which is what they did. I'm sure Wright doesn't believe what he's saying, but he knows what he says will generate buzz towards his brand, so he says it and watches the click meter rise. 

(Side note - Nick Wright used to live a few blocks away from me in Sugar Land. His wife and I used to be in the same boot camp. She's very attractive, tall with some long legs...)

15 minutes ago, 808 said:

We'll see how things turn out over the next few weeks. Maybe the narrative changes if the Eagles continue to play well at Seattle and at the Rams in the back to back games. Maybe Wentz can gain some ground on Brady in the MVP talk, as NE plays at the Bills and at the Dolphins the next two weeks.

I don't think the narrative can change much - in the eyes of many, the Eagles are 2nd to New England, and most of that is predicated on the experience gap between the two - the Eagles have impressed over this year, the Patriots have impressed for the better part of nearly two decades, and they look better than the team that won the SB last season. At this point, you can't bet against them.

Nothing wrong with that - it's an argument that can only be settled if/when these two teams play each other.

12 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

I'm thinking he's the front runner for OPOY, by a significant margin. 

Archived