MVP leaders at this point.

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, 808 said:

To my knowledge, Bovada and other Vegas sports books do not have any rooting interest in who wins these awards. 

FWIW, they have Brees and Wilson at a current tie for 3rd. 

Why would they have any interest in whoever wins anything? They move the lines based on fan voting, not knowledge. Initial odds are set based on expert opinion, then fan voting moves the lines so that even money is presented on both sides. Vegas wants even money on both sides for every contest and they just collect the entry fee.

4 hours ago, 808 said:

Someone currently in the national media doesn't represent the opinion of the national media? Got it. Just giving an example of how the Eagles are viewed by some, doesn't matter if everyone hates Wright.

But while we're at it, "stay in your lane."

giphy.gif

If you choose to take one moron’s take as disrespect to your team, then power to you. Im not going to come out and say “there are media member talking about how this is the end of Brady” because Max freaking Kellerman says so. 

9 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Nick Wright purposefully trolls for clicks and headlines.  He's a sports commentator entertainer, not a serious sports journalist IMO.

He's the same guy who says Lebron is better than Jordan.  I wouldn't pay any mind to that kind of idiocy.  Eagles are the best team in the NFL right now IMO.  Maybe you could argue a couple teams (namely Patriots maybe Steelers/Rams/Vikings), but even in the worst case scenario the Eagles are fifth.  

I agree with a lot of what you said about Nick Wright, but this is actually a valid take nowadays given LeBron's resume across multiple teams and how he's transformed them.

Sometimes Wright makes good points, but he varies between making good points and then going full Skip Bayless.

46 minutes ago, chargerbuckeye said:

Antonio Brown is Rising

I think the following need to happen for a WR to win MVP:

- Record breaking season in something along the lines of catches, yards, or TDs.

- Winning games and being the main reason why. 

- Playing with so-so QB play and non-elite offensive talent. 

- A down year for quarterbacking in the NFL. 

Don’t really see it, not this season anyway. Some of those boxes get checked off, but definitely not the last and debatably, most important.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

I think the following need to happen for a WR to win MVP:

- Record breaking season in something along the lines of catches, yards, or TDs.

- Winning games and being the main reason why. 

- Playing with so-so QB play and non-elite offensive talent. 

- A down year for quarterbacking in the NFL. 

Don’t really see it, not this season anyway. Some of those boxes get checked off, but definitely not the last and debatably, most important.

And I think for AB, his MVP chances get significantly hurt because he's playing with a top-5 RB and top-5(?) QB. You can't reasonably make the case for Most Valuable Player when you're surrounded by those people. Offensive Player of The Year? Certainly.

10 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

And I think for AB, his MVP chances get significantly hurt because he's playing with a top-5 RB and top-5(?) QB. You can't reasonably make the case for Most Valuable Player when you're surrounded by those people. Offensive Player of The Year? Certainly.

I agree, except for the part about Ben. He’s pretty clearly not been a top 5 QB this season, IMO. 

Archived