MVP leaders at this point.

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, BLick12 said:

That defense just held the #1 team in PPG to 10 points and are top 10 in PPG against.  They clearly aren't too shabby even despite missing some important personnel.  

I get that Russel Wilson is the offense, but he's also had several dud performances this season.  People are supremely high on him after last night's performance and rightfully so, he was incredible, but he hasn't been as consistent as Brady or Wentz.

sos. 

4 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

With the game Brady just had, a single week could easily make it interesting between him and Wentz/Wilson.

Brady was almost flawless, his INT was a perfectly good throw with an uncalled penalty. Even with it, he completed 70% of his passes for 9ypa.

37 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Brady was almost flawless, his INT was a perfectly good throw with an uncalled penalty. Even with it, he completed 70% of his passes for 9ypa.

You realize that he didn't even say Brady had a bad game, he just said "with the game Brady just had..." in relation to the MVP race?  Because when has the MVP race not looked first and foremost at stats?

You wonder why so many people get fed up with Patriots fans worshipping Brady and acting like he's the return of Christ?  This.  This is why.  Somebody brings up a bad statistical game in an MVP race discussion and...

OMG BRADY WAS ALMOST FLAWLESS!  INT DOESN'T COONT! 

12 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You realize that he didn't even say Brady had a bad game, he just said "with the game Brady just had..." in relation to the MVP race?  Because when has the MVP race not looked first and foremost at stats?

You wonder why so many people get fed up with Patriots fans worshipping Brady and acting like he's the return of Christ?  This.  This is why.  Somebody brings up a bad statistical game in an MVP race discussion and...

OMG BRADY WAS ALMOST FLAWLESS!  INT DOESN'T COONT! 

"With the game Brady just had",  implies Brady played a bad game. Assuming he had just seen the box-score, and not watched, I politely corrected him. If the reason you get "fed up" with Patriots fans is that they occaisionally politely correct each other, well then I would suggest you are overly sensitive.

I was talking about football. You are talking about fanbases. I was being polite. You, less so.

Just now, ChazStandard said:

"With the game Brady just had",  implies Brady played a bad game. Assuming he had just seen the box-score, and not watched, I politely corrected him. If the reason you get "fed up" with Patriots fans is that they occaisionally politely correct each other, well then I would suggest you are overly sensitive.

I was talking about football. You are talking about fanbases. I was being polite. You, less so.

Nah, you were defending Brady because Brady never does anything bad ever.  Know the discussion.  You know that game impacted his MVP case.  "With the game Brady just had..." does not imply a bad game, it implies a game that impacts his MVP case.  Because it did, and deep down you know that. 

4 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Nah, you were defending Brady because Brady never does anything bad ever.  Know the discussion.  You know that game impacted his MVP case.  "With the game Brady just had..." does not imply a bad game, it implies a game that impacts his MVP case.  Because it did, and deep down you know that. 

Brady >> A-ARON

6 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

How do you figure that. Everything is contextual. The context before was that Brady and Wentz were the clear runaways. The argument was that Brady was the all around better QB with the better stats by and large. The argument for Wentz was that his team had the better record and he was the 2nd best QB in the league. Brady had a subpar game that didn't really add to his stats. Wentz had a subpar game and lost. So now Wentz lost one of the key features to his argument for MVP,  while Brady still is ahead in the majority every stat and you can't look at the record as a differentiator anymore. Had Brady and Wentz both had the same game and Wentz still won, then maybe a subpar performances would have impacted him more. But that didn't happen. 

Just being blunt, the award is going to either Brady or Wentz and today the only argument for Wentz over Brady is that Wentz has a few more TD's.

Archived