MVP leaders at this point.

resilient part 2

8 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Brady was almost flawless, his INT was a perfectly good throw with an uncalled penalty. Even with it, he completed 70% of his passes for 9ypa.

I didn't say he played bad....a 0 TD 1 INT game is bad for an MVP candidate no matter how you look at it, because the MVP voters only care about sexy box scores. 

6 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

"With the game Brady just had",  implies Brady played a bad game. Assuming he had just seen the box-score, and not watched, I politely corrected him. If the reason you get "fed up" with Patriots fans is that they occaisionally politely correct each other, well then I would suggest you are overly sensitive.

I was talking about football. You are talking about fanbases. I was being polite. You, less so.

Yea I could have worded it better, I think Brady was excellent in the game, but as far as cementing his MVP bid, the last game did him zero favors.

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You realize that he didn't even say Brady had a bad game, he just said "with the game Brady just had..." in relation to the MVP race?  Because when has the MVP race not looked first and foremost at stats?

You wonder why so many people get fed up with Patriots fans worshipping Brady and acting like he's the return of Christ?  This.  This is why.  Somebody brings up a bad statistical game in an MVP race discussion and...

OMG BRADY WAS ALMOST FLAWLESS!  INT DOESN'T COONT! 

He’s better tbh.

On 04/12/2017 at 3:39 PM, showtime said:

It's really nice to see Russell Wilson getting heavy forum-wide recognition on the season he is having.  @brazilianguy made the case that Russell Wilson should be in consideration about two months ago and he was right.  Here is a post I made weeks ago back when Alex Smith was in most people's top 3 for MVP voting.

With all of that said, Tom Brady is the MVP of the league.  The Patriots are sitting at 10-2 and he has remarkable stats to back it all up.  If you look at the stats, Wilson is right there with Brady in several categories, even passes him in total yards and total touchdowns due to Wilson's rushing statistics.  10-2 vs 8-4 really is a pretty big difference, though.  I think team record is huge.  If Seattle can finish 12-4 and get a top seed in the NFC, then Wilson has a shot.

In a literal sense, Russell Wilson is the MVP of the league.  He's more valuable to the Seahawks than any current starting QB is to their team.

Russell Wilson tied 2011 Eli Manning's record for most passes for a TD in the 4th quarter with a quarter season left to go. Right now he sits on 15 TDs, 1 interception, 114 pass attempts, 70% completion percentage, 2 sacks, over 1k passing yards and a 134 passer rating, 141 rushing yards on 4th quarter. 83% of total offensive production.

Should the Seahawks beat the Jaguars and Rams and he's gotta be the MVP in my eyes. His season is more impressive than Brady and Wentz's season, given how bad his protection was in the first half of the season, the total absence of a running game and the critical defensive losses (1st pick McDowell, Cliff Avril, Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, and Earl Thomas and Michael Bennett, who doesn't look like his former self, missing games)

12 minutes ago, brazilianguy said:

Russell Wilson also leads the league in passer rating when throwing into tight windows, @showtime.

What Wilson has done this season is simply amazing.  If you add this total numbers up, he is actually near Tom Brady in several stats (total yards, total TD's, etc).  The problem, I think, Wilson will run into - Overall team record.  If the Patriots finish 14-2, Brady would have the stats and the Patriots would have that amazing record to go with it.  The Seahawks have to finish 12-4 and Wilson needs to continue to have strong performances in those games.  If that happens, I think Wilson has a legit chance.

13 minutes ago, showtime said:

What Wilson has done this season is simply amazing.  If you add this total numbers up, he is actually near Tom Brady in several stats (total yards, total TD's, etc).  The problem, I think, Wilson will run into - Overall team record.  If the Patriots finish 14-2, Brady would have the stats and the Patriots would have that amazing record to go with it.  The Seahawks have to finish 12-4 and Wilson needs to continue to have strong performances in those games.  If that happens, I think Wilson has a legit chance.

For good reason. The Seahawks took two straight losses at home, being the one against the Redskins a reflect of the Seahawks (and Wilson's) clumsy play vs underwhelming competition (paired with Walsh's inconsistencies).

But Wilson is having a historical season in terms of decisiveness. His fourth quarter performance, his efficiency when throwing into tight windowns and his participation on the Seahawks overall offensive production, and wins generated by his individual performance is just too unique in the history of the NFL for him not to be the Most Valuable Player in the NFL, being lauded as one of the greatest individual single season QB performances of all time. He accounts for 29 of the Seahawks 30 TDs scored this season, for god's sake.

He at least, at least should be neck to neck with Brady, who is in my opinion his only peer. Brady's QB play has been flawless (also one of the GOAT QB seasons in its own merit) and is paired with the consistent excellence of Patriots throughout the season in winning every game they should win (and I'll say that again, the Seahawks and Wilson have lost several winnable games, by their own clumsyness).

Carson Wentz is having an elite season, but barring a meltdown of both Brady and Wilson in the next four games, he doesn't belong in this tier of greatness. Also, just remembering everybody that December is the 12th mont of the season.

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

Russell Wilson also leads the league in plays where he leaves his OL hanging out to dry.

People already  forget he cost the Seahawks two games against the Packers and Redskins.

It's not really fair to say Wilson cost the team those games.  The offense played extremely poorly vs the Packers, so if you want to put the lion share of blame on Wilson, that's fine.  However, in the Redskins game, when Wilson walked off the field very late in that game the Seahawks had the lead.  The defense, at home, gave up 70+ yards to the Redskins in two plays.  That's inexcusable.  The offense also struggled in that game and Wilson deserves blame, but it's not entirely his fault.

That's like saying Tom Brady cost the Patriots the game vs the Chiefs.  Brady was partly to blame, but you can't just put that loss all on him.

Wilson's good but he's not getting the MVP this year. The award isn't about who accounts for x percentage of the offense. Maybe it should be. But it isn't. How many years have we seen Peyton Manning win the MVP on stacked offenses? Rodgers and Brady who don't always get a ton of offensive help only won MVP's in the years their offense was loaded to the gills.

2 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

2010 Patriots offense was definitely not loaded, but otherwise, agree.  It's about record + stats.

No but it took the league by storm with the double TE set of Gronk and Hernandez. We were number 1 in points per game and points total by like 70. We had Welker Gronk and Hernandez as a triumvirate in the pass game. And nobody in the league knew how to defend that. 

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Wilson's good but he's not getting the MVP this year. The award isn't about who accounts for x percentage of the offense. Maybe it should be. But it isn't. How many years have we seen Peyton Manning win the MVP on stacked offenses? Rodgers and Brady who don't always get a ton of offensive help only won MVP's in the years their offense was loaded to the gills.

I agree, for the most part.  I think, as of this very moment, the award is Brady's to lose.  I wouldn't necessarily say Wilson is not getting the MVP because the season isn't over yet.  If the Seahawks finish 12-4 and Wilson plays great he would have a chance, but I think for him to have an even better chance Brady and the Pats would have to lose a game down the road.  14-2 and 12-4 is a pretty significant difference, and that's where both teams would finish if they go undefeated the rest of the way.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I agree, for the most part.  I think, as of this very moment, the award is Brady's to lose.  I wouldn't necessarily say Wilson is not getting the MVP because the season isn't over yet.  If the Seahawks finish 12-4 and Wilson plays great he would have a chance, but I think for him to have an even better chance Brady and the Pats would have to lose a game down the road.  14-2 and 12-4 is a pretty significant difference, and that's where both teams would finish if they go undefeated the rest of the way.

Seahawks need to win out, Pats probably need to drop at least a game if not two, and Wilson would have to find a way to overtake Brady in some stats, which I don't think he will do at this point.

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Seahawks need to win out, Pats probably need to drop at least a game if not two, and Wilson would have to find a way to overtake Brady in some stats, which I don't think he will do at this point.

Overtake Brady in which stats?  As of right now, Wilson has more total touchdowns and more total yards than Brady and Wentz.  Granted, he also has more total turnovers as well.  I think the stats are close enough right now to where team record is going to be a heavy influence and because of that, the award is essentially Brady's - unless something happens that is unforeseen.

Archived