MVP leaders at this point.

resilient part 2

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

Overtake Brady in which stats?  As of right now, Wilson has more total touchdowns and more total yards than Brady and Wentz.  Granted, he also has more total turnovers as well.  I think the stats are close enough right now to where team record is going to be a heavy influence and because of that, the award is essentially Brady's - unless something happens that is unforeseen.

passing yards and passing td's would be the big one. Wilson isn't going to win with Brady leading him in every passing stat. At least Wentz could say he has more passing TD's to compliment more wins.

7 minutes ago, lancerman said:

passing yards and passing td's would be the big one. Wilson isn't going to win with Brady leading him in every passing stat. At least Wentz could say he has more passing TD's to compliment more wins.

I suppose.  Even though Russell Wilson is obviously the QB, he is also the teams leading rusher in terms of both rushing yards and rushing TD's.  I feel like his total yardage and total touchdowns need to be taken into account.  Wilson has more total TD's and total yards than both of them.

Just now, showtime said:

I suppose.  Even though Russell Wilson is obviously the QB, he is also the teams leading rusher in terms of both rushing yards and rushing TD's.  I feel like his total yardage and total touchdowns need to be taken into account.  Wilson has more total TD's and total yards than both of them.

See that kind of mattered in Cam Newton's case where he wasn't particularly great in any one passing stat but his team was 15-1 and the lack of passing stats was swept aside by saying "well alot of it's running". But the key is Cam needed to be 15-1 and on the most dominant team in the league that year.

It's great that Russell is carrying his offense, but carrying them to what exactly?  The Seahawks are 14th in points/drive, 14th in yards/drive, 15th in drive success rate, and 13th in DVOA.  Their offense is just slightly above the league average in pretty much everything.  Meanwhile the Seahawks defense even with all the injuries has still been the superior unit throughout the season.

There've been lots of QBs over the years who do the carry job to get their offenses to a respectable level;  I can't really think of one that won MVP as a result.  

Brady meanwhile is easily leading the league in most efficiency metrics, and the Patriots offense as a result is the best in the league.  There's nothing in his tape to suggest this hasn't been one of his very best seasons.  He should be the MVP going away.

2 hours ago, Jetzger said:

It's great that Russell is carrying his offense, but carrying them to what exactly?  The Seahawks are 14th in points/drive, 14th in yards/drive, 15th in drive success rate, and 13th in DVOA.  Their offense is just slightly above the league average in pretty much everything.  Meanwhile the Seahawks defense even with all the injuries has still been the superior unit throughout the season.

There've been lots of QBs over the years who do the carry job to get their offenses to a respectable level;  I can't really think of one that won MVP as a result.  

Brady meanwhile is easily leading the league in most efficiency metrics, and the Patriots offense as a result is the best in the league.  There's nothing in his tape to suggest this hasn't been one of his very best seasons.  He should be the MVP going away.

This.

If Wilson were a RB then I could see the case for him being the MVP (like Peterson in 2012, even though he didn't deserve it either.). But it is real hard for me to give a QB the award, who is leading an average to slightly above average offense.

3 hours ago, Jetzger said:

Even though I agree that Brady is front runner for MVP and has been for most of the season, this is terrible logic on your part. 

So just because an offense is not a top 5 unit it should automatically disqualify a player from all MVP discussion? Well in that case, Ben Roethlisberger and Drew Brees for MVP.

On 12/9/2017 at 2:53 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

Even though I agree that Brady is front runner for MVP and has been for most of the season, this is terrible logic on your part. 

So just because an offense is not a top 5 unit it should automatically disqualify a player from all MVP discussion? Well in that case, Ben Roethlisberger and Drew Brees for MVP.

Where did I say it should disqualify him?  I just said a QB carrying a bad offense to slightly above mediocrity (which is where the Seahawks offense is at) isn't that rare of a thing.

Archived