MVP leaders at this point.

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Antonio Brown has a good chance at winning it, especially if he can amass 491 more yards in 3 games. Very tall order, but he had over 200 in his last game so it's not impossible.

Yeah, if he hits the 2k mark, I think he has a legit shot with the Steelers winning the division. I think a win against New England would be big in that regard as well (especially if he has a big game).  I still think Brady is the favorite, and Wilson and Rivers will get some love, but I think it's Brady, with an outside shot on Brown if he hits those numbers. 

You guys discrediting Cam is hilarious. If Carolina wins out it would be against the Packers AND Falcons while adding to a resume of beating the Patriots at home and seemingly unstoppable Vikings team. The man wasn't even healthy through the first few weeks. Kelvin Benjamin got traded away and Olsen has been injured all year. Ryan Khalil wasn't healthy most of the year, etc. He's got a reasonable case.

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You guys discrediting Cam is hilarious. If Carolina wins out it would be against the Packers AND Falcons while adding to a resume of beating the Patriots at home and seemingly unstoppable Vikings team. The man wasn't even healthy through the first few weeks. Kelvin Benjamin got traded away and Olsen has been injured all year. Ryan Khalil wasn't healthy most of the year, etc. He's got a reasonable case.

The man has a bottom 10 passer rating among the 35 qualified players... What would be his argument over Wilson?

He's got some MVP highs, sure, but he's also had several games where he's not even at a starter's level.

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

He is average to below average in every passing category, both volume and efficiency. He's not getting MVP.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

The man has a bottom 10 passer rating among the 35 qualified players... What would be his argument over Wilson?

He's got some MVP highs, sure, but he's also had several games where he's not even at a starter's level.

I'm not advocating Cam Newton over Russell Wilson. I'm saying the situation Cam has been given and how competitive Carolina has been directly results from Cam Newton being under center. Kuchely being healthy goes a long way for them as well. I'd personally give the award to Antonio Brown before Cam but that's praise to watching the former play and make plays in big games all season.

2 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

He is average to below average in every passing category, both volume and efficiency. He's not getting MVP.

For shame. Having to rely on Ed Dickson, Christian McCaffery, Damiere Byrd, Johnathan Stewarts sub 4 YPC, and Russell Shepard on a consistent basis, I would expect more from a QB.

Also since we're so set on stats we want to deny Cam as a runner too? The essential deciding run against Minnesota can only be done by a handful of QBs, and a couple of them (Watson + Wentz) are done for similar reasons.

14 minutes ago, MD4L said:

For shame. Having to rely on Ed Dickson, Christian McCaffery, Damiere Byrd, Johnathan Stewarts sub 4 YPC, and Russell Shepard on a consistent basis, I would expect more from a QB.

Cam Newton for MVP this year is an argument better suited for the MVP thread in NFL Comparisons right now. In reality, the NFL MVP award is basically a combination of best QB + OPOY, and Cam is neither of those things.

50 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Also since we're so set on stats we want to deny Cam as a runner too? The essential deciding run against Minnesota can only be done by a handful of QBs, and a couple of them (Watson + Wentz) are done for similar reasons.

He's 12th in passing+rushing yards and 12th in passing+rushing TDs. He's not having an MVP season, in the least. He also has the 5th most turnovers of any QB.

Cam does not even deserve a mention for MVP this year. 

The only guy who could have won the award besides Brady just tore his ACL unfortunately. MAYBE Wilson goes absolutely nuts for three straight weeks and Brady plays like last night for three straight weeks and we get a Wilson MVP, but that is almost entirely unlikely.

19 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

An MVP has to show some semblance of consistency. As for passing, he's had 7 bad games, 2 ok games, and 4 good games. Not a good look for a QB

Archived