MVP leaders at this point.

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, tonyto36 said:

That is nonsense revisionist history that is just wrong.  Brady was comfortably ahead of Wentz.  The only thing Wentz had going for him was a better record and at the time Brady had caught up.  Brady was better than Wentz in yards, yards per attempt, int%, TD:INT ratio, while all playing with a worse OL, worse running game, and worse defense.  It was not a close race.  If Wentz were still playing now he'd likely be ahead of Brady but before Wentz got hurt Brady was in front of Wentz and it's ridiculous to suggest he wasn't.

Calm down buddy. Where did I say he wasn't in the lead? Perhaps there is something lost in translation here. I took "stand out" as meaning clearly above the pack, a one man race, etc. To me, Brady and Wentz stood out from the rest of the pack, as in, it was a 2 man race at that point, you could even throw Wilson in there, but a race to be certain. Point being, it was no means locked up or some huge gap like the OP to my response was suggesting, as it was basically a week to week battle (look no further than the fact that Wentz would have jumped Brady that very week for many if not for the fact that it was known he would be out for the year, as Brady had his worst game and Wentz had one of his best). To suggest otherwise is nonsense revisionist history that is just wrong.

3 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

No one is mentioning him and he won't win, but Case Keenum deserves to at least be in the conversation.

Haven't read through the thread, so forgive me if he has been mentioned, but in terms of the media, I haven't heard his name brought up.

He lost any chance he had of even being mentioned with his poor showing at Carolina. You can't slip when you're going uphill. 

Todd Gurley pushed himself into the conversation as of yesterday. Wentz, Russel Wilson are now out.

Antonio Brown cancels out Big Ben.

Brady

Gurley. He single handedly won the Rams two HUGE games this year (Cowboys/Seattle). And they are undefeated when he gets over 17 carries per game this season. Put this mans name in the Convo. If he finishes with 20+TD and over 2000 all purpose yards, he should be considered a legitimate candidate on a the #3 seed in the STACKED NFC.

11 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

He's still top 3 in every passing category and only 0.2 behind Smith in QBR.  They also have the #1 seed in the conference and multiple game winning td drives.

He's by far the MVP right now.  People are just falling in to recency bias.  He's carried this Patriots team and has been playing with an achilles injury the past couple weeks.

Yes, he's top 3, where before he was number 1 by a distance.  I thought we were advanced enough to not care about team record, and if by multiple you mean 2 then sure.  Case Keenum has 3, Kirk Cousins and Stafford have 4, guess they're more clutch or whatever.  His season is inferior to last year's season by pretty much every standard, but this is the one getting all the MVP talk, because this year's race has seen pretty much all the competition falter (including Brady himself) or get injured.  It's a weak year.

3 hours ago, Jetzger said:

Yes, he's top 3, where before he was number 1 by a distance.  I thought we were advanced enough to not care about team record, and if by multiple you mean 2 then sure.  Case Keenum has 3, Kirk Cousins and Stafford have 4, guess they're more clutch or whatever.  His season is inferior to last year's season by pretty much every standard, but this is the one getting all the MVP talk, because this year's race has seen pretty much all the competition falter (including Brady himself) or get injured.  It's a weak year.

Actually last year Brady's bulk stats were down due to his suspension and his suspension was hel against him. In 2015 Cam's teams record basically got it for him over Brady, because Brady had him in every passing stat.  And this year record was the only thing really giving Wentz an argument over Brady. 

Brady's clearly been the best QB in the league. It's just ironic that he probably was playing slightly better down the stretch the last two years, but the arguments that kept him out of it those years just happen to work in his favor this year. 

1 hour ago, tonyto36 said:

Nick Foles vs Giants (AWAY)

24/38, 237 4 TD, 0 INT - 34 points

Carson Wentz vs Giants (HOME)

21/31, 161, 1 TD, 0 INT - 27 points

Foles for MVP!!!

Just a matter of time before someone like you use this as a excuse. If only Tom Brady wasn't playing like he did week one vs KC. Oh wait ,He is?? That too discredit the rest of his season or does it only apply to a injured Wentz?

13 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Mine are;

Brady

Wentz, still

Big Ben

I don't think anyone other than a QB should win it. 

Really?  Seems like he should have way better numbers. 2nd most interceptions in the league. Pretty far down in rating as well (15th).

I think he's kind of become overrated these last few years.  With the best WR in the NFL, arguably the best RB in the league, and a great O-line I feel like he should be absolutely destroying the league if he was as elite as everyone thinks he is. He has probably the best offensive supporting cast in the NFL...at least IMO.

On 12/18/2017 at 8:45 AM, BStanRamFan said:

Todd Gurley pushed himself into the conversation as of yesterday. Wentz, Russel Wilson are now out.

Antonio Brown cancels out Big Ben.

Brady

Gurley. He single handedly won the Rams two HUGE games this year (Cowboys/Seattle). And they are undefeated when he gets over 17 carries per game this season. Put this mans name in the Convo. If he finishes with 20+TD and over 2000 all purpose yards, he should be considered a legitimate candidate on a the #3 seed in the STACKED NFC.

Wouldn't push out Wilson with Brady's struggles. If Tom was playing good then yes Wilson would be out but past 3 games he had 2 TDs to 4 INTs... Wilson in same time frame had 7TDs and 3 INT.

17 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

Nick Foles vs Giants (AWAY)

24/38, 237 4 TD, 0 INT - 34 points

Carson Wentz vs Giants (HOME)

21/31, 161, 1 TD, 0 INT - 27 points

Foles for MVP!!!

This is cute.  Of course you're ignorant to the fact that basically the Giants entire secondary was missing against Foles.

Archived