MVP leaders at this point.

resilient part 2

8 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Brady is playing with an achilles injury, a mediocre OL, one wide receiver and an up and down defense that is completely depleted.

Wentz/Foles is playing with arguably the best OL in the NFL, arguably the best running game in the NFL, and an elite defense

Ah yes, that mediocre o-line that only has Dion Lewis averaging 5 YPC and is just behind the Eagles elite o-line by .3 yards in YPC and also provides a lower sack rate than the Eagles elite O-line.   

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

Have you actually watched any of the Patriots games the past couple weeks?  Even with Lewis playing well, it's still behind the Eagles team average.  And you can't fault Brady for being better with pre-snap reads and a quicker release motion than Wentz.  The Eagles and Patriots have given up the same amount of sacks, so lets also not act like it's some great disparity.

PFF has the Eagles with 3 of the best 9 OL in the entire league.  #1 center, #3 guard and #2 tackle.  And that's not even including Peters who is now out.

The Eagles OL is better than the Patriots OL and it's laughable to suggest it is close.

It is also laughable to talk about Brady's supporting cast and completely ignore the fact that he is throwing the ball to Gronk. Brady's top two targets are better than any offensive threat the Eagles have. 

The Eagles OL is good on the right side, but the left side has been pretty bad recently, so acting like it is some elite unit is ridiculous.

45 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Have you actually watched any of the Patriots games the past couple weeks?  Even with Lewis playing well, the Pats are still behind the Eagles team average.  And you can't fault Brady for being better with pre-snap reads and a quicker release motion than Wentz.  The Eagles and Patriots have given up the same amount of sacks, so lets also not act like it's some great disparity.

PFF has the Eagles with 3 of the best 9 OL in the entire league.  #1 center, #3 guard and #2 tackle.  And that's not even including Peters who is now out.

The Eagles OL is better than the Patriots OL and it's laughable to suggest it is close.

I just actually looked at the rushing numbers and it's hilarious you tried to bring them up for against the Eagles.

Eagles YPC:
Blount - 4.5
Ajayi - 6.4
Clement - 4.3
Wentz - 4.7
Smallwood - 3.9

Patriots YPC:
Lewis - 5.2
Gillislee - 3.6
Burkhead - 4.1
White - 4.0

Eagles:  434 rush attempts
Patriots:  373 rush attempts

Eagles:  4.5 YPC
Patriots:  4.2 YPC

Eagles:  130 YPG
Patriots:  110 YPG

And that's with  the recent surge the past couple weeks where the Dolphins and Bills sold out to stop the pass with their safeties and defensive line.  The Eagles opponents come into stop the run.  The Patriots opponents come in to stop Brady.

Yes, I have. Have you watched any Eagles games since Jason Peters got injured and the revolving door of underwhelming players at LG?

It's humorous that "I can't fault Brady for having a quick release and better presnap reads" and yet Wentz gets no credit for single handily getting himself out of probably 5-10 more should be sacks this season and turning them into huge plays.  Your double standards are beyond comical.   So the Patriots have given up the same amount of sacks on more dropbacks and that's negligible, but the Eagles average 20 yards more per game on the ground on more carriers per game and that means they are a drastically better running team. You don't see how awful your logic is?  It's also worth mentioning you're including Wentz's rushing numbers and average in which most of the times he runs it is because he's scrambling, they are not designed runs.  Take those out and it is suddenly a lot more even.  In fact, Carson averages 23 YPG on the ground, that's literally the difference in total rushing yards between the two teams.

I don't think I need to even get into why citing PFF is foolish, but go ahead and tell yourself that.  Yes, Lane Johnson and Brooks have been great for us and Kelce has improved from an awful year last year. But our left side of the line has been massively inconsistent since JP's injury.

And your last statement that teams focus only on stopping the run against the Eagles is an opinion and clearly not based on facts. Doug Pederson's offense is predicated on throwing the football.  The Eagles generally throw the ball to get ahead and run to close. That's been a consistent theme and honestly, an annoyance for Eagles fans this year.  I'd rather them establish the run a lot more early.

And look, I have no problem with anyone that says Brady deserves to be the MVP this year. I would agree that he does, especially given that he has no competition at this point.  Wentz was in a far more favorable situation this year than he was last year, and I acknowledge that.  But what I take issue with are these falsehoods that I've seen you regularly spout in this thread and others. I don't know why you don't want to give Carson Wentz any praise, he made considerable strides from his rookie year to his sophomore season and he absolutely was playing at a MVP caliber level this season. 

1 hour ago, BLick12 said:

Ah yes, that mediocre o-line that only has Dion Lewis averaging 5 YPC and is just behind the Eagles elite o-line by .3 yards in YPC and also provides a lower sack rate than the Eagles elite O-line.   

Nah. Lewis is one of those backs that makes it happen on his own, a lot. He has people in his face sometimes as he receives the ball. Our OL is utterely porous and hobbled.

15 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Nah. Lewis is one of those backs that makes it happen on his own, a lot. He has people in his face sometimes as he receives the ball. Our OL is utterely porous and hobbled.

Ah right, that's why he is averaging more than he ever has in his career on more carries.

43 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Per Football Outsiders, the New England OL is ranked as such:

Adjust line yards: 2nd in the NFL

Stuffed % rank: 2nd in the NFL

2nd level rank: 7th in the NFL

However, I think reality is somewhere in the middle of what you said here, because Dion Lewis is also #5 in the NFL in DYAR and #1 in DVOA for RB's, and is 2nd in success rate for all RB's. So all in all, in terms of run blocking, the statistics suggest the New England OL is pretty good at run blocking, and Dion Lewis has also been fantastic.

source

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

Lets be honest.  You've seen what?  Two Patriots games?  Chiefs and Steelers right?

Let's be honest. You love making a ton of gross over assumptions and got absolutely owned when presented with actual facts.  Good debate, homer.

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Per Football Outsiders, the New England OL is ranked as such:

Adjust line yards: 2nd in the NFL

Stuffed % rank: 2nd in the NFL

2nd level rank: 7th in the NFL

However, I think reality is somewhere in the middle of what you said here, because Dion Lewis is also #5 in the NFL in DYAR and #1 in DVOA for RB's, and is 2nd in success rate for all RB's. So all in all, in terms of run blocking, the statistics suggest the New England OL is pretty good at run blocking, and Dion Lewis has also been fantastic.

source

I'm not afraid to say that Dion Lewis has been very good as a runner this year. But the facts are that White is averaging a career best YPC and Burkhead is also 4 YPC despite a decent amount of goaline work.

Just now, BLick12 said:

I'm not afraid to say that Dion Lewis has been very good as a runner this year. But the facts are that White is averaging a career best YPC and Burkhead is also over 4 YPC despite a healthy amount of goaline work.

Just now, BLick12 said:

I'm not afraid to say that Dion Lewis has been very good as a runner this year. But the facts are that White is averaging a career best YPC and Burkhead is also 4 YPC despite a decent amount of goaline work.

It's also telling that using that same chart, you'll find Philadelphia nowhere near those New England ranks.

2 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

You:

AntiqueFatalFluke.gif

The Eagles run to set up the pass.

The Patriots pass to set up the run.

Wentz is not and has never been as good as Brady at any point this season.  His surrounding cast has been better and that's equated to the overall offensive production being closer.   And even then Brady was ahead of Wentz in pretty much every way you can be until he hurt his achilles.   Switch quarterbacks and the Patriots might not even win the division.

Ok - it's clear you're just a troll. Look at the Eagles pass/rush attempts from first half to 2nd half (especially 4th quarter) and get back to me.  Oh, wait you don't value stats or facts you only value your own horrible eye test. 

2 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

I've listed plenty of statistics.  You've just chosen to ignore all of them and ignore all of my points with "neener neener, Lewis is running at a high YPC [less than Ajayi btw] and I'm going to cherry pick stats and avoid when you point them out".

You listed stats that I easily pointed out the flaws with and you have no rebuttal other than to post gifs of yourself and cling onto false claims about the Eagles being a run first team.

Tom Brady will win this award, but a part of that comes down to his biggest competitors getting hurt.  Carson Wentz would have had a prime opportunity to win MVP, but his injury kind of eliminates him.  Antonio Brown was a contender, but his injury kind of eliminates him as well.  So it's pretty much Tom Brady by default.

Archived