MVP leaders at this point.

resilient part 2

Gurley if anything is making this debate a little interesting.

Combined with Brady fatigue...... this might not be a clear cut MVP.

If he balls out next week (a game the Rams I believe need to lock up the 3 seed), it's gonna be fascinating.

Plus, considering the MVP is too routinely a QB award, Gurley if anything is making this more debatable.

On 11/20/2017 at 12:13 PM, showtime said:

Also, I don't think the argument of 'taking Brady off his team and replacing him' works because if there's anyone in the league who you can take off a team it's Tom Brady.  Of course the team would be worse without him, but the system they have in place has proven to work for other QB's in the past.  To give you credit, I think that argument is stronger with Jimmy Garoppolo not on the roster.  If this were said before that trade there is no question in my mind the Patriots would win this division without Tom Brady.  No question.

I said this before Jimmy G played a single snap with the Niners. 

6 hours ago, lancerman said:

It does kind of feel like this whole season and last season were looking for reasons to not give it to Brady. 

Yea, there is definitely truth to this. But are we really that impressed by this season by Brady? The expectations for him and that offense are so high that this just feels like what they were supposed to do. And not even what the optimistic expectations were.

MVP is really treated as a most outstanding player award and people want to give it to someone who really impressed them.

17 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

only an absilute homer would give it to brady last year. ryan put up on the better season regardless anf played in 4 more games.

if brady doesnt win this year he can only blame himself. he had it in the bag amd has possibly thown it away over theast month.

I can't imagine him giving even the tiniest of Fs about the NFL MVP award. He has bigger fish to fry.

17 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

only an absilute homer would give it to brady last year. ryan put up on the better season regardless anf played in 4 more games.

if brady doesnt win this year he can only blame himself. he had it in the bag amd has possibly thown it away over theast month.

"only an absolute (I'll fix that for you) would give it to Brady last year"

He was 2ND in MVP voting. Ryan got 25 votes and Brady got 10. So obviously with the 4 game suspension a good deal of people thought he deserved it. I don't know if 4 more games put him over the top or not, but the 4 games was largely the biggest case against Brady. So it's ridiculous to say only a homer would give it Brady. Personally I'd give it to Ryan, but there's no doubt that last year the discussion was less about what Ryan did better than Brady and more about what Brady was missing (4 games) as compared to Ryan. 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Despite being on IR for 2 weeks Carson Wentz still leads the NFL in TD passes

Shhhh, doesn't matter, he didn't play 16 gms. ?

Sad thing is the more Foles has success (we'll see if it actually continues tonight?) ,the more pundits will say it takes away from how Special he was playing!

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Shhhh, doesn't matter, he didn't play 16 gms. ?

Sad thing is the more Foles has success (we'll see if it actually continues tonight?) ,the more pundits will say it takes away from how Special he was playing!

Frustrating isn't it

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Despite being on IR for 2 weeks Carson Wentz still leads the NFL in TD passes

Not to take anything away from him but TDs was about the only stat Wentz was leading in. Brady was slaughtering him in all other bulk and effiency stats. Brady hasn't had the best December (by his own standards) but even with that he's still the leader in many categories. 

1 hour ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Not to take anything away from him but TDs was about the only stat Wentz was leading in. Brady was slaughtering him in all other bulk and effiency stats. Brady hasn't had the best December (by his own standards) but even with that he's still the leader in many categories. 

Brady is without a doubt better than Carson Wentz, I agree.

What Wentz was doing was still incredibly special.

Archived