Texans will not hold minicamp

pwny

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Since its been brought up - whats the status of Watson? He isnt formally suspended as far as I know. Have the Texans put him on their NFI list? 

I think at this point he's just holding out. I haven't heard anything about them putting him on the exempt list, and I'm curious if they will because they can't fine him that way I'm pretty sure

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think at this point he's just holding out. I haven't heard anything about them putting him on the exempt list, and I'm curious if they will because they can't fine him that way I'm pretty sure

I would imagine keeping the media circus away would be more important than fining him. But I dont know, the Texans are wonky. 

I had told myself “I don’t know if this is that big a deal, it’s not like they canceled  actual training camp” then I saw this ET post and came to realization that yeah, this is pretty dumb.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

So...

- 4-12 team

- New coaching staff

- New defensive formation and system (34 Man to Cover 2 43).

- New QB 

- New roster (roughly 60% of roster is new to the team).

And they're saying "Nah, we're good" to OTAs.

I'm going to go ahead and double down on my season prediction. Not only are the Texans going 0-17, but they're going to have the biggest scoring differential in NFL History, worse than the 1974 Expansion Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-14).

This Texans team is going to be historically bad. '74 Bucs, 08 Lions and '17 Browns need to make room, because the '21 Texans will go down as the worst team in NFL History.

(And I'm fairly certain Spencer Rattler is going to return for his RS Jr year - he's going to say something about Heismans or National Titles or something, but he's really avoiding Cal's Clown Car on Kirby).

No offense to Texans fans but I’m so glad your team is in the same division as the Titans.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Culley: "If Deshaun doesn't show up for mini-camp, that's just going to bring up even more questions than we've had this off-season"

Cesario: "We could just... not do it"

Culley: "What do you mean 'not do it'?"

Cesario: "Just like I said... no minicamp. No minicamp. No Deshaun. No problem."

Culley: "You devious SOB.... this just might work"

Everything about this scenario is plausible except for that sinfully foul language.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:
40 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Culley: "If Deshaun doesn't show up for mini-camp, that's just going to bring up even more questions than we've had this off-season"

Cesario: "We could just... not do it"

Culley: "What do you mean 'not do it'?"

Cesario: "Just like I said... no minicamp. No minicamp. No Deshaun. No problem."

Culley: "You devious SOB.... this just might work"

Everything about this scenario is plausible except for that sinfully foul language.  

You also have to replace David Culley with Jack Easterby... and then replace Nick Caserio with Jack Easterby... 

Then, you got it.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This was a 4-12 team WITH Deshaun.

This might be the worst team ever.

Thats an understatement. David Culley was the Chiefs WR coach the year we didn't have a single WR catch a TD pass.

It's like they intentionally went out and hired they worst guy they could find.

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Didnt he get "relieved" of GMing duties? 

If by "relieved" you mean given total autonomy by hiring a puppet GM/buddy from New England to do his bidding... then yeah, sure.

It's a relief to him, I'd say. Rest of us are in various stages of grief.

• Like 1