Texans will not hold minicamp

pwny

12 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I had told myself “I don’t know if this is that big a deal, it’s not like they canceled  actual training camp” then I saw this ET post and came to realization that yeah, this is pretty dumb.

No offense to Texans fans but I’m so glad your team is in the same division as the Titans.

Same from a Colts fan. It's essentially two free wins. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

610 is letting the texans have it today. LOL

@ET80

Oh yeah, it actually started yesterday with Clint and Show - and I know Landry/Lopez are going to feast on this. Lopez is the OG, he can get a job anywhere in Texas so he doesn't care. Landry... Well, he's just willing to talk massive amounts of trash. You know it's bad when eternal Texans fan Clint Stoerner is bashing the Texans - he's the biggest Texans homer in the city and is flipping out on this decision.

You know it's really bad when the "Flagship station of the Houston Texans" tees off on the franchise like this. I'll say they've eased up on talking about Jack Easterby (which is probably a directive coming from the team) but the general trashing isn't typical. 790 never talks bad about the Astros/Rockets given their relationship, but 610 is saying YOLO and going full force on the Texans...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Totty said:

At what point do we just ask "WTF is going on in Houston"....?

If you haven't asked by now, start at the Brian Gaine firing and the tampering charges levied by New England. That's about when the WTF factor started.

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If you haven't asked by now, start at the Brian Gaine firing and the tampering charges levied by New England. That's about when the WTF factor started.

It's almost cult like.  

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What of this resembles a cult in any possible way?

Can't really discuss it here.  I'd just say read up on Easterby.  And his coaching selection. Among other choices.  

4 minutes ago, Totty said:

Can't really discuss it here.  I'd just say read up on Easterby.  And his coaching selection. Among other choices.  

The entire team is basically boycotted against Easterby. Which makes it the opposite of a cult. More of a dictatorship. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The entire team is basically boycotted against Easterby. Which makes it the opposite of a cult. More of a dictatorship. 

I believe he's trying to create that team and team structure based on one particular "vision" that didn't have anything to do with football.  Idk.  Maybe I'm not verbalizing it correctly.  Bottom line Houston is screwed for a while.  I think we can all agree on that.  

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

I believe he's trying to create that team and team structure based on one particular "vision" that didn't have anything to do with football.  Idk.  Maybe I'm not verbalizing it correctly.  Bottom line Houston is screwed for a while.  I think we can all agree on that.  

I know what you are trying to say, I just disagree and think that it is a simplistic internet meme version of whats happening. Its an easy go-to right now for 'likes' and upvotes; but 1 dude preaching a message that the entire team is rejecting along with previous players is not a cult. Its the exact opposite of a cult.

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

If by "relieved" you mean given total autonomy by hiring a puppet GM/buddy from New England to do his bidding... then yeah, sure.

It's a relief to him, I'd say. Rest of us are in various stages of grief.

On the bright side, doesn't it already look so bad that there's no way this regime survives?