Texans will not hold minicamp

pwny

On 6/11/2021 at 1:47 PM, Mr Raider said:

There is something highly entertaining when a horribly run, dysfunctional franchise takes it to a whole new level, and even as someone that loves/loved the team you can't help but find it absolutely hilarious. Your just general being bad, losing a lot, poor drafting, poor free agent signings, etc just sucks to watch. It stings and it hurts and all of that. But every now and then the franchises that have been terribly run the most over the past 20-30 years they reach this point where it doesn't hurt as much and literally all you can do is laugh. 

I think that hit for me for the Raiders, after growing up as a teenager basically seeing them be competitive and play in games like the tuck rule, blown out in the super bowl, etc, when Russell was in his second season. I remember being so angry when things like trading for Moss and him being a bum, the slow decline from Gruden leaving and becoming less and less competitive, to becoming one of the worst franchise in all of sports. But when Russell came out year 2 and it was just so obvious he was going to be a mega bust, and then drafting DHB at 7 totally sealed it. Obviously I still hated seeing the team I love being so horrendously bad, it sucked. But the level of ineptitude, blunders, clear mistakes seen by basically EVERYONE else right when they happened but we made them anyway and a lot of fans had to convince themselves we were about to prove everyone else wrong, all that pushed it to a level where the next few seasons didn't even hurt. I knew taking Russell was a terrible mistake at the time (though even I didn't expect him to be what he was), but when he showed up looking like a lineman after holding out so long as a rookie and not looking good when he played it was like ok, this isn't the franchise turning cornerstone, this is the type of player you draft that lets you know this is just the start of the awfulness lol. 

The next couple seasons couldn't even get a rise out of me, it was just shaking my head, laughing at all the bone headed moves, and feeling sorry for the genuinely seemingly good guys on the team or the few talents we had that were forced to be apart of that terribly dark time in franchise history. I loved Al for bringing the Raiders into existence, and he was a tremendous football mind, he was a trail blazer, a legend, and a HOFer, but man in his later years he was the exact opposite. He was clueless and clinging to the ways of yesteryear. 

Obviously kind of giving up on your team for feelings of kind of betrayal or disagreeing with the way they are running things and not just the decisions they make on drafting this player or signing/hiring this player/coach is a little different. I can't totally speak on that. But I can speak on just how entertaining your squad being all time bad can be, if you finally reach the point of accepting that is what is happening and you are in no way able to control it to keep it from going downhill. Once you have hit that type of acceptance the type of amusement you can get by watching the train wreck is something you will always remember. 

I’m not going to lie. I didn’t read this entire post. Maybe at most a quarter. But the amount of time and effort you put in every post is admirable and should be applauded.

Applaud Standing Ovation GIF by Black Market

• Like 3

Expected Wins or Pythagorean Wins is based on points for and points against.

• The 1976 Yucs were at 0.8 wins (in a 14 game season) .971 rounded up to 1 for 17 games.
  • The 2017 Hue Jacksons were at 3.3 (but Kizer and Hue made sure they lost them all) 3.5 rounded to 17 games.
  • The 2008 Lions were at 2.8 rounded up to 3.0 for 17 games.

The 0 for teams were not actually the worst teams (exception for truly horrid 1976 Tampa). They just had same bad luck.

• The 1990 Patriots were 1-15 with a 1.7 EW 1.8 rounded to 17 games
  • The 1991 Colts were 1-15 with a 1.4 EW 1.5 rounded up to 17 games.
    • Note: The only win of the 1990 Patriots was by beating the 1990 version of the Colts.

I expect this Texans team to be worse that the 2008 Lions and the 2017 Browns. They still might luck into 1 or 2 wins.

There are not 4 possible wins on the schedule for this clown show.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 4:02 PM, Xenos said:

I’m not going to lie. I didn’t read this entire post. Maybe at most a quarter. But the amount of time and effort you put in every post is admirable and should be applauded.

Applaud Standing Ovation GIF by Black Market

I appreciate it. Sincerely. 

I know (and have had a couple discussions in the Raider forum) that my posts tend to be more lengthy than the vast majority of others on here, and while I don't really do it purposely, there is reasoning behind it. I have been around since the old forum and I used to have a job and family life that allowed me to spend a few hours on here regularly, and when that was the case my posts were more in line with most others because I had the time to have a long discussion that went back and forth to get all of my thoughts out. I no longer have that luxury, so while I still am able to get on here pretty much every day, sometimes it's only enough to read up on the last couple pages of a thread or whatever. So when I do feel I have something of value to contribute to a conversation and the time to do so, I try and get all my thoughts out in one or two posts and being someone that loves writing and is an outlet for me to relieve stress they tend to get lengthy. I know not everyone has the time or interest in reading them themselves and I absolutely understand that, but some do and for whatever reason like hearing my long winded thoughts lol. So I appreciate the kind words and encouragement. 

• Like 4