Ranking The Roster - Julio Jones

TitanLegend

Where would you rank Julio Jones?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you rank Julio Jones?

Jeffery Simmons has won our #4 spot, however I imagine a good number here would place Julio Jones in the top 4, so figured I'd get this sorted first.

The list so far is:

1. Derrick Henry
  2. AJ Brown
  3. Ryan Tannehill
  4. Jeffery Simmons

Would Julio Jones slide into one of those top 4 spots or should we just keep the poll going with the current top 4?

Edited by TitanLegend

Julio is a HOF receiver, but I probably stick him around 5 or 6.  Not because I think he's a bad player, but because I think expectations for any free agent coming in should be tempered.  Never expect their best, at least at first.  Add to that the fact that he had an injury last season where IIRC, he went in and out over the course of the season, and he's 32.  I expect we'll get Diet Julio this season, at least, as he recovers from the hamstring and gets used to a new team.

Also, I kinda look at these rankings as who we expect to be among the best in 2021.  Simmons is young, ascending, and has more help than he did last season, and spent the first half of the season as a top 5 PFF DL.  If we assume any growth, he may be a top 5 player at his position next year.  I don't think Julio will be.  Top 10 seems reasonable as an expectation, but not top 5.

I also think Derrick Henry is unequivocably the best RB in the NFL, AJ Brown is still getting better, and might be one of the best WRs in the NFL already considering how good he was last year while injured.  Tannehill is gonna have more weapons than ever before, so he might have a record season himself.

Hence 5th or so for Julio.

I went with fourth. Obviously the ceiling is there for higher, but Derrick, AJ and Tannehill have proven enough here to justify their spots. Simmons has the ability, but didn’t do enough in the second half of the season to be considered better than Julio.

6 hours ago, TJM217 said:

I take the poll as who is the best right now and not as a projection. I guess I'm higher on Julio than most people. I think he is between 1 and 2. I went with 2. 

We need official guidance as to what the poll represents.

If I’m using your criteria, Julio is a spot or two higher.

• Like 1

"Who is the best player on the Titans roster?  "

I answered the question posited at the time. Julio wasn't even an option until after the search for our #4 thread began. Should Julio need interjected into that which came before, then we would need to start from scratch. Otherwise, we derail.

8 hours ago, TitanTuff said:

"Who is the best player on the Titans roster?  "

I answered the question posited at the time. Julio wasn't even an option until after the search for our #4 thread began. Should Julio need interjected into that which came before, then we would need to start from scratch. Otherwise, we derail.

My bad on not getting around to this sooner, but I suppose given this it's a good thing my day was so busy.

I get the point but thought that this was a sufficient fix without needing to restart the threads. But if others feel this way too not like it's a huge issue.

Anyone else want to start over?

4 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

My bad on not getting around to this sooner, but I suppose given this it's a good thing my day was so busy.

I get the point but thought that this was a sufficient fix without needing to restart the threads. But if others feel this way too not like it's a huge issue.

Anyone else want to start over?

I think this is a pretty good fix already. Slap him on third and let’s get the show on the road.