• TE Dawson Knox
    • TE Tommy Sweeney
    • OG Cody Ford
    • WR Gabe Davis
    • WR Isaiah Hodgins
    • WR Marquez Stevenson
    • OL Spencer Brown
    • Other

Just like last year, I’ll do a series of poll questions regarding the team. Would love to know who you guys believe will be breakout players, team MVP, maybe takes a step back and who surprises.

We’ll start with a breakout player on offense. I’ve changed the criteria to add year 3 players because we only drafted one skill player this season. 

In your opinion who’s a starter or potential starter that this season cements themselves as a big part of the offense?

Here’s last years thread.

@soflbillsfan

@bigbadbuff

@BigMountainGoat

@Kmart128

@Thelonebillsfan

@WizeGuy

@Maxmw22
@Nick

@Yibbyl

@BillsGuy82

@Killashaw

@leeevans83d

Its tough choice as I think the usual suspects will be the majority of the offense this year. While Gabriel Davis may take a step forward I do not see him as a breakout player as to me he already broke out in 2020 as he did more then what was expected from a 4th rd WR. I do see him cementing himself in as a long term starter across from Diggs after this year. 

My safe selection will be Marquez Stevenson I see him pulling out the role of KR I think he will be one of those players who makes the team and builds his niche on special teams for the first couple of years. My bold pick is Spencer Brown I can see him being a key to this offense and forcing his way on to the starting line up I dont know if it will be week 1 or week 6 but I do think he will be the starter for this oline come playoff season. Spencer brown is my pick but I could see both having good years.

3 players who just need to take a step forward to save their jobs in Buffalo for 2022 season

Knox is a fan favorite like Duke is, as people talk about his potential and work ethic. I am a firm believer that we need to go to Ertz as an option for Te just to have the stability of the option at this position. I think no matter what its a make it or break year for Knox as he is in year 3 and if he isnt showing more consistency then it may be time to look for a real te in 2022 offseason (of course that is we dont trade for ertz). Knox has been a 2 year player in college and between college and the pros he has a total of around 80 receptions in his 4 year career in pros and college. Only had 112 snaps in college so he has a long way to go to deal with one or the more difficult positions in the NFL and Buffalo may not have time to wait for that development.

Singletary is the same it must be a step in the right direction or he is done after the season. The pressure is on for him to break out or be cut.

Cody Ford is my last, he has been moved around a ton 1st year it was RG/RT flip flop then it was to LG in his 2nd year and he got injured. I think there needs to be some consistency to show that he is meant for this oline and if he can stay healthy and improve not only in pass protection but the run protection he will be kept around for 2022 but if he shows any struggles he will be likely pushed to the bench as a depth player until his rookie contract runs out. 

I think Antonio Williams and Tommy Sweeney are roster bubbles and potentially cut and put on P-sqaud.

7 hours ago, Nick said:

Went with Zack Moss, I think he takes the lions share of the carries. He looked great prior to his injury... now let's hope he can stay healthy in 2021-22. 

Would love to see Moss get a bigger workload. He was an absolute unit against NE and in the final few drives against Pittsburgh to close it out.

My vote is going for Ford. That more out of hope than it is anything else. Finally being healthy and cemented at one spot should help him nail down the starting job so now he just needs to be the road grader he’s shown in the past full time.

2 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

Bold prediction:

I think Gabriel Davis is going to be Josh's #2 receiving option by the end of the year.

Book it

I don’t think it’s that bold, but it’s also tough for me to say Beasley won’t be heavily targeted throughout the season

We were all pretty long last season lol. I'd say the winner of last year def goes to Josh. Most of us thought Knox but that was a no-go. 

This season, I think our WR group is too crowded/talented to have someone other than DIggs be a big standout. I also think our OL has alot of depth for one person to be a big standout. This season, I'm going with Moss. We really need a RB to step up. Can't let Josh throw 40 times a week and also expect him to carry the ball as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

We were all pretty long last season lol. I'd say the winner of last year def goes to Josh. Most of us thought Knox but that was a no-go. 

This season, I think our WR group is too crowded/talented to have someone other than DIggs be a big standout. I also think our OL has alot of depth for one person to be a big standout. This season, I'm going with Moss. We really need a RB to step up. Can't let Josh throw 40 times a week and also expect him to carry the ball as well. 

I didn’t include Josh last year because I thought he played well enough in the final 12 games or so of 2019 that he had broken out enough. Clearly I was wrong lol

I hope you’re right about Moss. Only thing he lacks is break away speed but he has everything else you want in an RB1. Hopefully consistency from the OL and play calling help him get going.

On 6/11/2021 at 10:00 AM, Trentwannabe said:

I’m curious to see how the breakdown of playing time between Sanders and Davis is done. 

This is why I didnt go Gabriel Davis. Barring injury to Beasley, Diggs or Sanders, I think Gabe Davis might be limited with looks 

13 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

This is why I didnt go Gabriel Davis. Barring injury to Beasley, Diggs or Sanders, I think Gabe Davis might be limited with looks 

I think they’ll use Davis strategically this year. Redzone, middle of the field,  maybe even from the slot at times. 

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Sanders get vet rest days during the year at practice which should be good for Davis too

• 1 month later...

I was flipping between Ford and Davis. Like others, I think Sanders will get a lot of looks and eat into Davis' time/production. I do believe it is realistic to see Davis opposite of Diggs either at the end of the year or at the start of the 2022 season. I also think he will have a long career, barring injuries. He was a tremendous value pick!

I also gave Ford the nod because I think he has finally locked into a position at LG. Given he floated out to tackle on occasion, he seems like a perfect fit for the LG spot. I expect that his improved health and sticking essentially to one assignment will allow him to get comfortable and really start showing off his physical attributes. In short, I expect him to maul from that spot on the line!