WR1 Tournament Finals: DeAndre Hopkins vs Tyreek Hill

BayRaider

WR1 Tournament Finals: DeAndre Hopkins vs Tyreek Hill  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WR1 Tournament Finals: DeAndre Hopkins vs Tyreek Hill

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/15/2021 at 07:00 PM

DeAndre Hopkins

Sep-27-2020-Glendale-Arizona-USA-Arizona

vs

Tyreek Hill

hill3.jpg

Tournament will close one June 15th at Noon PST and a winner will be decided. For more information, check our the main Tournament Topic. There is no seeds and matchups were randomized. At the end of the Tournament, one man will be crowned FootballsFuture's Official Top WR in the NFL. 

Tyreek instills more fear. Hopkins is more consistent. Tyreek would fit better in a fleshed out WR core. Hopkins can stand alone. Tyreek has the more unique trait. Hopkins is more technically sound. 

Voted Hopkins, rather decisively.

• Like 2

Hopkins is the best in the game to me.

I may be a little bias just because I’ve seen firsthand what he use to do to my Titans. He tortured us. I looked it up and in 13 career games against us he has 83 rec/1313 yards/7 TDs(to put it in perspective that’s 101 rec/1616 yards/9 TDs in a 16 game season).

Thank you Bill O’Brien and the Texans.

• Like 1

Hopkins for me but it’s really splitting hairs. I just feel the offense benefits and gets to be a bit more creative play calling with Hopkins. Hopkins will beat you short, sidelined, over the middle or deep. Tyreek you either want to go deep or short. I don’t recall Tyreek making the toe tap sideline move the chains catches or ever go over the middle. 

13 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Hopkins is the best in the game to me.

I may be a little bias just because I’ve seen firsthand what he use to do to my Titans. He tortured us. I looked it up and in 13 career games against us he has 83 rec/1313 yards/7 TDs(to put it in perspective that’s 101 rec/1616 yards/9 TDs in a 16 game season).

Thank you Bill O’Brien and the Texans.

Yup... Yup.

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

17 hours ago, Leoric said:

Hopkins for me but it’s really splitting hairs. I just feel the offense benefits and gets to be a bit more creative play calling with Hopkins. Hopkins will beat you short, sidelined, over the middle or deep. Tyreek you either want to go deep or short. I don’t recall Tyreek making the toe tap sideline move the chains catches or ever go over the middle. 

He's definitely done all of the above and he's done it well. But if someone is the absolute best at something, you're probably going to do that thing more often than not. His game speed is second to none and you'd be dumb to not use it to your advantage. That's why most of his highlights are deep/short routes that he just runs away with.

• Like 1

Eh, Hopkins might be a better pure receiver but I’d say that Hill is the better player. They have totally different skill sets, but Hill simply impacts the game to greater extent than Hopkins. Hill’s 2018 season was superior to any season that Hopkins has produced thus far.

I of course don’t mean to take anything away from Hopkins. He is as consistent as it gets and has been the focal point of every offense he has been a part of. But what really differentiates Hopkins from Hill in terms of receiving is that Hopkins has played longer and averages more targets per season. Hopkins is more of a compiler while Hill is more of a splash player. However, both are capable of doing either of those things. 

At the end of the day anyone who thinks this isn’t close is kidding themselves. 

I know this is somewhat unrelated to this topic, but I think a more interesting comparison is DeAndre Hopkins vs. Travis Kelce. They were arguably the two best players in a very poor 2013 draft and I would have an even harder time choosing between those two. 

Edited by Anc360

Good, you guys got this one right.

Look at the guys Hop has played with. Always top 3. Dude is a monster.

Hill has been in the best offense in the NFL and has been schemed production. Not saying he’s outside the top 5, but he can’t F with Nuk.