Jaguars Training Camp News and Notes

.Buzz

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

This fanbase is far too down on him after last year imo.

If he can stay healthy hes a stud. Problem is he struggles mightily doing so. Even in 2015 he was playing through multiple things including a hernia if I remember right...

It's the wildly inconsistent hands that are the sticking point for me.  If he had consistent natural hands, he'd be a stud.  As it stands though, he's more of a part time stud/part time dud.  The health is obviously another issue.

3 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

It's the wildly inconsistent hands that are the sticking point for me.  If he had consistent natural hands, he'd be a stud.  As it stands though, he's more of a part time stud/part time dud.  The health is obviously another issue.

I hate that he is a body catcher. His route running is superb though.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I hate that he is a body catcher. His route running is superb though.

Indeed.  He has all the ability to get open.  It's just the capitalizing on that which can be hit or miss.  Of course, doesn't help that our QB doesn't always make our WRs jobs easy.  :S

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Hurns definitely has his flaws and can be frustrating, just saying based on most of the posts you'd think hes a far lesser player if youre a fan of a different team checking our forum out...lol.

I mean, if Lee stays healthy and continues off what he did last year I like Lee's upside more, but thats just because Lee from a pure talent perspective has legit #1 upside imo. Not meant to be a negative on Hurnsy.

On 8/21/2017 at 0:24 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Any anticipated bigger name cuts? Going from 90 to 53 is crazy all at once

Yeah.  It's gonna be a bonkers free-for-all seems like.  There will be guys worth taking dumped on the market altogether, at the same time we're dumping all sorts of players already.  Interested to see how it plays out.

11 minutes ago, Jags said:

How surprised would people be if the loser of this QB battle gets dumped? 

At this point, I think Henne makes the roster no matter what, just because they’ll want a backup plan to protect against injury with Blake’s 5th year option. But Blake could get dumped if he loses.

43 minutes ago, Jags said:

How surprised would people be if the loser of this QB battle gets dumped? 

You guys think Brandon Allen has shown a little promise, correct? I think if Henne wins the job, you almost HAVE to dump Bortles because God forbid he suffers some type of injury even in practice, then you'll be forced to pay him that 5th year.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

You guys think Brandon Allen has shown a little promise, correct? I think if Henne wins the job, you almost HAVE to dump Bortles because God forbid he suffers some type of injury even in practice, then you'll be forced to pay him that 5th year.

I think most assume this is a likrly option. If Henne wins the job I really don't think we'd turn back to Bortles at any point, then you throw in the 5th yr option risk...

Archived