.Buzz

Jaguars Training Camp News and Notes

259 posts in this topic

Tugboat    23
8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

This fanbase is far too down on him after last year imo.

If he can stay healthy hes a stud. Problem is he struggles mightily doing so. Even in 2015 he was playing through multiple things including a hernia if I remember right...

It's the wildly inconsistent hands that are the sticking point for me.  If he had consistent natural hands, he'd be a stud.  As it stands though, he's more of a part time stud/part time dud.  The health is obviously another issue.

KhanYouDigIt    12
3 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

It's the wildly inconsistent hands that are the sticking point for me.  If he had consistent natural hands, he'd be a stud.  As it stands though, he's more of a part time stud/part time dud.  The health is obviously another issue.

I hate that he is a body catcher. His route running is superb though.

Tugboat    23
1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I hate that he is a body catcher. His route running is superb though.

Indeed.  He has all the ability to get open.  It's just the capitalizing on that which can be hit or miss.  Of course, doesn't help that our QB doesn't always make our WRs jobs easy.  :S

.Buzz    56
1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Hurns definitely has his flaws and can be frustrating, just saying based on most of the posts you'd think hes a far lesser player if youre a fan of a different team checking our forum out...lol.

I mean, if Lee stays healthy and continues off what he did last year I like Lee's upside more, but thats just because Lee from a pure talent perspective has legit #1 upside imo. Not meant to be a negative on Hurnsy.