Jaguars Training Camp News and Notes

.Buzz

So apparently Day just lit up Fournette in the backfield after beating Bowanko. Day is another young guy that we could see some special things from this year although the sled thing was embarrassing.

Next play, Fournette catches the ball and takes it 70 yards for a TD.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Allen lighting it up with two great throws against the third team. IDK why Henne is ahead of him based on reports. Blake needs competition, not just a vet to help him at this point.

In general, looks like the staff is making sure that any overtakings of incumbent positions are 100% earned. Also why rookies and (previously) injured players are slightly lower on that first "unofficial" depth chart.

If Allen keeps this up throughout the preseason, it will be difficult to keep him as the #3 and not the #2.

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

In general, looks like the staff is making sure that any overtakings of incumbent positions are 100% earned. Also why rookies and injured players are slightly lower on that first "unofficial" depth chart.

If Allen keeps this up throughout the preseason, it will be difficult to keep him as the #3 and not the #2.

That's true I guess. Seemed like it was more so just rookies having that problem as they moved Poz before everything got going this offseason to give Jack the MLB spot so I guess that's why I said it.

But yeah, if Allen keeps going there's no way Henne is QB2, especially if Bortles struggles at all I'd much rather see what Allen can do than a strict vet backup in Henne.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Seemed like it was more so just rookies having that problem as they moved Poz before everything got going this offseason to give Jack the MLB spot so I guess that's why I said it.

This may be because the responsibilities between the two positions are so drastically different that they needed Poz to start learning the SAM really early in the process if he’s to succeed. 

42 minutes ago, iPwn said:

This may be because the responsibilities between the two positions are so drastically different that they needed Poz to start learning the SAM really early in the process if he’s to succeed. 

Yeah, that is certainly a good possibility. You're probably right.

Looks as though Blake looked quite good tonight in the scrimmage. Leo was a beast and looks to be a very good pass catcher (something people were criticizing him for during the draft process). Good to see.

Archived