Is there a RB you think is the Clear-Cut #1 this year?

JaguarCrazy2832

On 6/12/2021 at 7:20 AM, sammymvpknight said:

If Akers came out and was RB #1 it wouldn’t be shocking at all. He’s easily one of the most underrated backs right now. He shouldn’t be going beyond round 1.

BTW...with as good as Kamara is in PPR...he was RB#2 in standard leagues last year. 

ADDENDUM: To answer the question. No I don't think that there is a clear cut #1 RB. I think it could be one of about 9 RBs. I could see a scenario that any of the following RBs could be RB #1: McCaffrey (before last year was putting up historic fantasy seasons), Henry (top standard league RB last year), Kamara (top PPR RB last year), Cook (top standard league RB on a per game basis last year), Chubb (supremely talented standard league RB, but would like take Hunt injury to be top RB), Taylor (bellcow RB who was exceptional second half of the season in great system), Akers (bellcow RB who was exceptional second half of season in great system), Jones (has been the most underrated RB for the past few years, does nothing but put up tons of fantasy points), Barkley (supremely talented do-it-all RB, that just needs to stay healthy).

It's pretty crazy...but there are probably a few more that could surprise and top all of those guys like CEH, Swift, Ekeler, Elliott, or Harris. You really just can't go wrong this year at the RB position.

What's your take on JK Dobbins? 

I am in a keeper league and have to keep three.  I have Josh Allen, J. Taylor, Akers, Dobbins, D. Hopkins and Michael Thomas.  I am keeping Taylor and Akers for sure, my third keeper is the question.  I am strongly considering Dobbins over Hopkins and will try to deal Hopkins if I can but if not who would you keep?

9 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I am in a keeper league and have to keep three.  I have Josh Allen, J. Taylor, Akers, Dobbins, D. Hopkins and Michael Thomas.  I am keeping Taylor and Akers for sure, my third keeper is the question.  I am strongly considering Dobbins over Hopkins and will try to deal Hopkins if I can but if not who would you keep?

I love Dobbins this year and think he’s criminally underrated.  However, I think I’d keep Hopkins over him, especially as you’re already keeping two RBs.

15 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I love Dobbins this year and think he’s criminally underrated.  However, I think I’d keep Hopkins over him, especially as you’re already keeping two RBs.

I'm on the fence as I think Dobbins could break out and stud RB's are at a premium.  Hopkins is a stud, no doubt about that but I have a feeling there will be much better WR value over the first few rounds of the draft as opposed to RB's.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It’s a tough decision. I like Dobbins...I had right there with Akers last year. But I do have concerns about the Ravens offense. They look like they hope to spread it around in the backfield...and as Jackson continues to get figured out, I’m not sure that his ability to open things up is a huge net positive considering the drawbacks. I squarely have guys like Akers ahead of him now. 

If Hopkins was 2-3 years younger this would be an easy decision...you go Hopkins. But considering the difference in age it at least gets interesting. I think having two elite RBs and an elite WR is probably better than two elite RBs and a third fringe elite RB. 

I think that he might be able to get more in a trade for  Dobbins than Hopkins. I’d try to trade Dobbins and keep Hopkins. 

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

It’s a tough decision. I like Dobbins...I had right there with Akers last year. But I do have concerns about the Ravens offense. They look like they hope to spread it around in the backfield...and as Jackson continues to get figured out, I’m not sure that his ability to open things up is a huge net positive considering the drawbacks. I squarely have guys like Akers ahead of him now. 

If Hopkins was 2-3 years younger this would be an easy decision...you go Hopkins. But considering the difference in age it at least gets interesting. I think having two elite RBs and an elite WR is probably better than two elite RBs and a third fringe elite RB. 

I think that he might be able to get more in a trade for  Dobbins than Hopkins. I’d try to trade Dobbins and keep Hopkins. 

I agree that it is a tough call and I'm still undecided.  Ingram is gone, Dobbins understands the O better now with a year under his belt and Edwards is an average back at best.  I've also been reading that Harbaugh wants to get Dobbins more involved in the passing game.

My big issue is that both Taylor and Akers are unproven, I don't consider 1 season to prove anything and Akers came on at the end of the year.  My fear is that one of the two don't live up to expectations and going into next season I am stuck with one stud RB and a 30 year old WR.  Hopkins is about as consistent as they come though and that is invaluable.  Decisions.... decisions....

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

The thing with Taylor is that he got 16%~ of his fantasy points in his final game. Also, Mack will be returning to the lineup so barring an injury again he will be splitting carries with Mack with Hines coming in on most passing situations. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lionized said:

The thing with Taylor is that he got 16%~ of his fantasy points in his final game. Also, Mack will be returning to the lineup so barring an injury again he will be splitting carries with Mack with Hines coming in on most passing situations. 

And if you are spending a high draft pick on a RB, you want him on the field at all times or in the some RBs cases like Kamara, you want to them on the field to get those cheap checkdown passes during the hurry up or two min offense. For that I'm probably out on Taylor this year. I rather take Kelce or one of the top WRs instead of him.

• Like 1

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

And if you are spending a high draft pick on a RB, you want him on the field at all times or in the some RBs cases like Kamara, you want to them on the field to get those cheap checkdown passes during the hurry up or two min offense. For that I'm probably out on Taylor this year. I rather take Kelce or one of the top WRs instead of him.

I should add that I don't mind having someone like Chubb who is in a two man committee but when its a three man committee, I just can't. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree that it is a tough call and I'm still undecided.  Ingram is gone, Dobbins understands the O better now with a year under his belt and Edwards is an average back at best.  I've also been reading that Harbaugh wants to get Dobbins more involved in the passing game.

My big issue is that both Taylor and Akers are unproven, I don't consider 1 season to prove anything and Akers came on at the end of the year.  My fear is that one of the two don't live up to expectations and going into next season I am stuck with one stud RB and a 30 year old WR.  Hopkins is about as consistent as they come though and that is invaluable.  Decisions.... decisions....

No question that Hopkins floor is incredibly high. I wouldn’t let the fact that Hopkins is soon to be 30 scare you too much. He’ll be a very good WR for a while. Heck...he might have more great years in him left than Dobbins, as crazy as that sounds. WRs last much longer than RBs...especially elite ones. 

The JK Dobbins hate is baffling me an aging Mark Ingram put up over 1k yards and 10 tuddies in the same offense including 5 receiving tuddies with Gus Edwards still on the the team and Id say JK Dobbins in his 2nd year as a pro with less than 200 NFL touches on his body is better than a 29 or 30 year old Mark Ingram. The offense has not changed and Gus Edwards role in the offense hasnt changed either he just got a well deserved extension.

He may not be a elite RB1 but hes a low end RB1 atleast if not a high end RB2

Thinking about it a little more the OL may have taken a step back from what it was in 2019 but hes going to get volume and thats what matters, Hes in a run first offense with Lamar as their QB.

Edited by mattyice0401

39 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

The JK Dobbins hate is baffling me an aging Mark Ingram put up over 1k yards and 10 tuddies in the same offense including 5 receiving tuddies with Gus Edwards still on the the team and Id say JK Dobbins in his 2nd year as a pro with less than 200 NFL touches on his body is better than a 29 or 30 year old Mark Ingram. The offense has not changed and Gus Edwards role in the offense hasnt changed either he just got a well deserved extension.

He may not be a elite RB1 but hes a low end RB1 atleast if not a high end RB2

Thinking about it a little more the OL may have taken a step back from what it was in 2019 but hes going to get volume and thats what matters, Hes in a run first offense with Lamar as their QB.

I don’t think anyone is hating on Dobbins. I like Dobbins...but there are lots of good RBs out there. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Are we seriously concerned that Taylor wont be the guy? I know they like Mack and Hines, he is the workhorse isnt he? Should be a 1400 yards and double digit TD guy...right? 

Yes, he is a RB1 workhorse with one of the most crowded backfields outside of TB? I bet he will produce, but not as much as you would think for his ADP.

• Like 2