Logan Steenburg--What Is Going On?

Just Want A Title

When we drafted Logan Steenburg last year, he was considered somewhat of a project but did bring quite a nasty demeanor.  He didn't make much noise last year and even though we need a long-term solution at RG, I haven't seen his name mentioned at all.  Has anyone heard anything on how he looks going into Year 2?  Is he developing at all?  Not sold on "Big H" as a RG solution.  Thoughts?

He's was a suspected project player who played his first year for a dumpster fire of a HC. One of Patricia's many faults was inability to develop talent.

I don't think there's been any full contact practices yet this season so even if he's made an unlikely jump I don't know how anyone would know about it. 

I thought this guy was a solid RG prospect who played LG in college. So a year transition, maybe but yeah last staff had him reppin' at center and threw in Joe Dahl at C over him when it came to game/crunch time with Ragnow out. 

He's essentially an unknown, to me, at this point with his movement around the line, nothing to work off of so far this year, and the fact he wasn't drafted by this staff leaves a lot up in the air for this guy. He's one of the people that can benefit the most with a good off-season/preseason with this staff.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Well, Stenberg made the initial roster cut. I'll be interested to see his development this year. I still believe in his potential. 

Yeah...I'm not expecting much. He was on the roster bubble for sure, but he did look better in the preseason games than in practice from what I've read. You also have to remember that he didn't really play last year and there wasn't any preseason, so that was his first game action in close to two years. 

He's one of those guys that plays hard and "nasty" but just might not have the physical skills to make it. 

Best case scenario for me is that he develops into a solid backup. 

• Like 1