E3 2021 Thread

Kiltman

Rainbow 6 Extraction looks a little fun, good twist on the siege gameplay for a non-pvp crowd. Siege is great but so sweaty and intense. 

I’m surprised it took Assassin’s creed this long to do a multi-year DLC plan…but I guess when you have that many studios that can just churn out a new game every 12-24 months, why would you?

FarCry 6 looks like more of the same, but it’s a formula I have fun with. Thought the DLC plan of going into the previous villains was an interesting idea but didn’t get me excited. Enjoyed the weird vignettes that 5 had. I got so excited about the Blood Dragon reveal until it just seemed to a remaster I guess? Bummer. I hope with 6 being on an Island that they do like a primal-esque smaller game that’s a proper sequel to Blood Dragon…won’t get my hopes up though.

I can see mechanically the Avatar game makes sense…but man do I just not care about that universe. Cool that it’s next-gen only at least.

Stalker 2 looks good, awesome it’s on Gamepass day one and only next gen.

Back 4 Blood on Gamepass is a great get too. Glad Turtle Rock gets to go back to Left 4 Dead even if it is just a spiritual sequel.

So Project Typhoon 🌀 = Contraband, coop open world game. Need to see more but if the gameplay is anything like Just Cause it could be fun.

The Outer Worlds 2 announced, next gen Xbox exclusive.

Forza Horizon 5 out in November, set in Mexico.

A Plague Tale sequel coming 2022, Day One Gamepass. Need to go back and finish the first one but it was surprisingly well done.

Only thing I cared about from this conference was Halo MP being free to play, so I'll get that on PC. Hades is finally coming to consoles, so I'll get that on PS5.

I'm still planning on getting a Series X. I thought it was going to be there year, but there's still no games for it. I'll probably get one in 2022.