E3 2021 Thread

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Anyone who gets this day one is a fool.

Some Next gen 14 FPS in that trailer (not to be too harsh, they have time to polish.

Interested but worried what game it will be, they said on Twitter it won’t be a live service game….we’ll see

8 hours ago, showtime said:

Only thing I cared about from this conference was Halo MP being free to play, so I'll get that on PC. Hades is finally coming to consoles, so I'll get that on PS5.

I'm still planning on getting a Series X. I thought it was going to be there year, but there's still no games for it. I'll probably get one in 2022.

Halo seems like it’ll have enough benefits between the graphics and FPS boost. Pretty sure they said 120 for multiplayer at some point. But yeah sorta like Horizon on PlayStation in the fall you can stick with the past gen if you really want to, it’s probably for the best for people with the shortage (sucks as an early adopter of these things). But yeah Summer 2022 seems like the time to really switch for people who haven’t.

As a Gamepass subscriber though I’m pretty happy. Already been a good year but excited for Yakuza LaD…want to try those games out, glad I don’t need to buy Hades again, everything I hear on The Ascent sounds more intriguing, really happy 12 Minutes is finally coming out, Sable looks good…same with The Gunk, Back 4 Blood was a great get and Anacrusis looks like a fun space “Left 4 Dead” clone too. Will be fun to try Flight Sim on high settings and not melt my pc, Psychonauts looks fun…I’m planning to play the first one beforehand and then Halo Infinite is obviously the big one. They’ll add more as they go but it’s nice to have a solid calendar and 2022 already seems to be worth it with Redfall, Starfield and Somerville for me + Deathloop coming off the year exclusivity…wonder if any of Fable, Avowed, Contraband, Hellblade 2 or Compulsion’s game will be 2022 or if they’ll all be 2023. Assume Perfect Dark, inXile’s RPG, Everwilds (with the reboot) and the Coalition and Ninja Theory side projects are at least 2023 like The Outer Worlds 2.

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Redfall (Project Omen) a solo/co-op shooter from Arkane Austin (Prey) coming as an Xbox Exclusive Summer 2022

Redfall as the big reveal was highly underwhelming for me. I was smart enough to not anticipate anything on Elder Scrolls 6(It will be released in 2025 and it will be terrible in comparison to the other RPGs that have arrived and dominated the field since Skyrim- just have a feeling 😐). Redfall though, just didn't look cool, interesting, engaging, or in general something to look forward to. Frankly, it just looked generic. And I liked the studio's other work.

I haven't played Outer Worlds 1 yet, anyone in here high on that one? I know it's from the guys who did New Vegas and I loved that game(Who didn't?). Just haven't got around to playing it yet, but the announcement of it's sequel has me interested in finally giving it a go.

Also, no Kingdom Come 2 announcement at this E3 was a bummer.

10 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Redfall as the big reveal was highly underwhelming for me. I was smart enough to not anticipate anything on Elder Scrolls 6(It will be released in 2025 and it will be terrible in comparison to the other RPGs that have arrived and dominated the field since Skyrim- just have a feeling 😐). Redfall though, just didn't look cool, interesting, engaging, or in general something to look forward to. Frankly, it just looked generic. And I liked the studio's other work.

I haven't played Outer Worlds 1 yet, anyone in here high on that one? I know it's from the guys who did New Vegas and I loved that game(Who didn't?). Just haven't got around to playing it yet, but the announcement of it's sequel has me interested in finally giving it a go.

Also, no Kingdom Come 2 announcement at this E3 was a bummer.

Redfall was very different from what I pictured when it was leaked they were doing a Vampire game. 
They said it could be a single player game so that gives me hopes on a good narrative. I love a Left 4 Dead style game as much as anyone...but I'll take a campaign anyday.
Yeah need to see more on Gameplay but I trust Arkane to make it fun from a technical angle.

I have to go back to it, got busy and didn't get around to it. Anyone I've heard talk on it who played through seemed to really like the world they built.
Will be interesting how the influx of Microsoft money helps for this one since they only got bought at the end of development on the first one.
I still don't know how Obsidian is pumping these out. This is their 2nd smaller team while the big one is on Avowed, they have the small Grounded team and there supposedly is like 2 others like that.

Speaking of Elder Scrolls, they supposedly teased the map in the Starfield trailer. Most people are taking it as confirmation that it'll be High Rock.
Curious what updates the new engine will have, reading some of the Starfield stuff it seems like they have some similar ideas of where RPGs need to go to CDPR. Mentioned like picking your background and it changing up the game for you in a meaningful way. Let's hope they actually can finish their plans, that firm date gives me hope that it'll be the bulk of 2022 that they are bug fixing.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Speaking of Elder Scrolls, they supposedly teased the map in the Starfield trailer. Most people are taking it as confirmation that it'll be High Rock.
Curious what updates the new engine will have, reading some of the Starfield stuff it seems like they have some similar ideas of where RPGs need to go to CDPR. Mentioned like picking your background and it changing up the game for you in a meaningful way. Let's hope they actually can finish their plans, that firm date gives me hope that it'll be the bulk of 2022 that they are bug fixing.

I'd prefer High Rock to Hammerfell, but I could see it being both. At this point the Elder Scrolls universe feels somewhat congested and limited, I'd like to see them really open up and expand upon the world. Cause once they hit High Rock and Hammerfell they're pretty limited on future options.

Making everything matter more(Background,Race,Choices,Skills,etc) and truly change/specialize your experience does seem like the lowest hanging fruit that could deliver on expectations for ES6. The difference between choosing to play as an Argonian and an Orc shouldn't be 15 skill points in different categories. That's been obvious since previous installments. 

What scares me though is a Skyrim 2.0 scenario. Where they realize making a more accessible/commercial ES game is so profitable to the point where they're comfortable alienating the hardcore RPG fanbase that they formerly relied on.

I do have more confidence in Starfield though. I think that's been their baby for a while and all of the ideas they couldn't squeeze into Fallout or ES will run wild in there. They want to establish a new mega series on that same kind of ultimate tier with their other hit titles and will go out of there way to make sure it lands properly imo.

This E3 sucks... Unfortunate I don't think it's going to ever get back to being as good as it used to be...I miss the days of the amazing production quality Microsoft and Sony used to have for their conferences and those are unfortunately never coming back... Sucks...

Ok call me crazy but I am damn excited for Ubisoft's Avatar game 😂 I like the Avatar world and think it's interesting/cool, also interested to see where the other movies take it. Just the story from the first movie was meh.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

I'd prefer High Rock to Hammerfell, but I could see it being both. At this point the Elder Scrolls universe feels somewhat congested and limited, I'd like to see them really open up and expand upon the world. Cause once they hit High Rock and Hammerfell they're pretty limited on future options.

Making everything matter more(Background,Race,Choices,Skills,etc) and truly change/specialize your experience does seem like the lowest hanging fruit that could deliver on expectations for ES6. The difference between choosing to play as an Argonian and an Orc shouldn't be 15 skill points in different categories. That's been obvious since previous installments. 

What scares me though is a Skyrim 2.0 scenario. Where they realize making a more accessible/commercial ES game is so profitable to the point where they're comfortable alienating the hardcore RPG fanbase that they formerly relied on.

I do have more confidence in Starfield though. I think that's been their baby for a while and all of the ideas they couldn't squeeze into Fallout or ES will run wild in there. They want to establish a new mega series on that same kind of ultimate tier with their other hit titles and will go out of there way to make sure it lands properly imo.

Yeah could see both too, they are smaller provinces but I'm excited for them to be denser/richer and more alive hopefully.
Speaking of cashing in on Skyrim, given that it's a neighboring province I wouldn't put it past them doing an expansion set in Skyrim.

In general I'm curious how gamepass affects Todd and BGS. They no longer are competing for you to buy a $60-70, there won't be as hard of a barrier to entry.
They also have the cache from Skyrim and Fallout, hard to say but I hope that they making it deeper.
They are talking a good game on that front so far, guess we won't get a lot of those answers til next year.

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

This E3 sucks... Unfortunate I don't think it's going to ever get back to being as good as it used to be...I miss the days of the amazing production quality Microsoft and Sony used to have for their conferences and those are unfortunately never coming back... Sucks...

Glad they are all at least kinda in the same week this year...that dripfeed last year was awful.

12 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Never seems like a long time. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

elitist. 

I’m so sorry for you Matt’s, really I am.

Woody

I’m just glad it won’t be held back at all from a design standpoint. They can cram way more in, intentionally make it with higher fidelity in mind. AI can be better, loading new planets can be seamless.

I think planning to do 2020 and 2021 cross-gen totally made sense, them being up front about that hurt them but clearly the better way to go with all the hate Jim Ryan has been getting for Horizon and the next God of War both being cross-gen after the fact on PS.

But at some point these games have got to turn the page. I’m just excited to see what they can do. The technology bump is actually significant this time compared to 360->one which was obviously an improvement but still had a lot of bottlenecks. 

You got til next summer, and there is always cloud in a pinch. I have to assume they’ll have the ability to do cloud on Xbox One’s to play Redfall, Stalker 2 and Starfield next year.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I’m so sorry for you Matt’s, really I am.

Woody

I’m just glad it won’t be held back at all from a design standpoint. They can cram way more in, intentionally make it with higher fidelity in mind. AI can be better, loading new planets can be seamless.

I think planning to do 2020 and 2021 cross-gen totally made sense, them being up front about that hurt them but clearly the better way to go with all the hate Jim Ryan has been getting for Horizon and the next God of War both being cross-gen after the fact on PS.

But at some point these games have got to turn the page. I’m just excited to see what they can do. The technology bump is actually significant this time compared to 360->one which was obviously an improvement but still had a lot of bottlenecks. 

You got til next summer, and there is always cloud in a pinch. I have to assume they’ll have the ability to do cloud on Xbox One’s to play Redfall, Stalker 2 and Starfield next year.

Ill upgrade at some point. I almost have a couple times but couldnt find stock. Hopefully they add some bigger storage options. 

• Like 1