E3 2021 Thread

Kiltman

59 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ill upgrade at some point. I almost have a couple times but couldnt find stock. Hopefully they add some bigger storage options. 

yeah hopefully that integrated ssd slot gets more manufacturers on it and they release at least a 2 tb upgrade.

Right now it’s been fine with the same 4 tb external drive I’ve used to store the games I’m not playing at the moment, they upgraded moving stuff so it doesn’t take nearly as long as it did on the Xbox One.

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

yeah hopefully that integrated ssd slot gets more manufacturers on it and they release at least a 2 tb upgrade.

Right now it’s been fine with the same 4 tb external drive I’ve used to store the games I’m not playing at the moment, they upgraded moving stuff so it doesn’t take nearly as long as it did on the Xbox One.

Do you notice a major difference between loading speeds from the internal to your external HD? I thought the Seagate was the only one approved for their hyper speeds or whatever.

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Do you notice a major difference between loading speeds from the internal to your external HD? I thought the Seagate was the only one approved for their hyper speeds or whatever.

Yeah you get an obvious boost and any next gen patches you need on the internal. But it’s been enough space to juggle whatever I’m playing at the moment. I can just move the dormant games.

23 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah you get an obvious boost and any next gen patches you need on the internal. But it’s been enough space to juggle whatever I’m playing at the moment. I can just move the dormant games.

How many games can you hold on there? I heard its something ridiculous like 5 next gen games. 

34 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How many games can you hold on there? I heard its something ridiculous like 5 next gen games. 

Depends, I don’t play any of the bátale Royale games so that helps…they are always so bloated.

rn I have 10 (7 that are optimized) games between 40-80 gigs, and 25 (10 that are optimized) that are between 20-2 gigs. Have 50 gigs of space left on the internal

I could offload the none next gen ones but I like the extra boost.

Maybe it’s just how I play but it’s been a non-issue thus far. I have Valhalla and Mass Effect, plus like 5 games I have on deck. And some of my go to change of pace games like Madden, Civ Rev, Party Hard, Xcom (and clones).

At some point when I feel like I’ll actually play a game I just rotate it over from the external, takes like 10 mins for the big ones. Like I need to get back and finally play Red Dead 2, but I knew with Mass Effect I wouldn’t have the time so I moved it.

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Depends, I don’t play any of the bátale Royale games so that helps…they are always so bloated.

WTF. Are you going different languages to confuse me even more on your game descriptions?

rn I have 10 (7 that are optimized) games between 40-80 gigs, and 25 (10 that are optimized) that are between 20-2 gigs. Have 50 gigs of space left on the internal

I could offload the none next gen ones but I like the extra boost.

Maybe it’s just how I play but it’s been a non-issue thus far. I have Valhalla and Mass Effect, plus like 5 games I have on deck. And some of my go to change of pace games like Madden, Civ Rev, Party Hard, Xcom (and clones).

Civ and in Civilization? Is it any good? Ive heard they have some RTS games on xbox, but Ive never played them. I still boot up starcraft or AOE every now and then. 

At some point when I feel like I’ll actually play a game I just rotate it over from the external, takes like 10 mins for the big ones. Like I need to get back and finally play Red Dead 2, but I knew with Mass Effect I wouldn’t have the time so I moved it.

So the port must be the newer USB standards. I havent looked into it, but 3.1 is like 500MBS and 3.2 is 1GB per second. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

WTF. Are you going different languages to confuse me even more on your game descriptions?

Oops, Battle Royale 

Civ and in Civilization? Is it any good? Ive heard they have some RTS games on xbox, but Ive never played them. I still boot up starcraft or AOE every now and then. 

Yeah Civilization Revolution, it was a 360 title. It’s like a simplified Civ game, you can get in and out quickly. I’ve been trying to get the deity achievements for years haha. It just a nice game to break up the pace of so many open world 100+ hour games I play. Not sure how alone I am on that island but I like the game and prefer it to the slog that can be full blown Civ.

So the port must be the newer USB standards. I havent looked into it, but 3.1 is like 500MBS and 3.2 is 1GB per second. 

I believe it’s 3.1 yeah

30 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Any news on any new pokemon games from Nintendos E3 coverage? Saw trailer for mario golf a few weeks ago and it peaked some interest some of the stuff I wasnt a fan of like racing to your ball or something along those lines.

Not that I saw from today

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Any news on any new pokemon games from Nintendos E3 coverage? Saw trailer for mario golf a few weeks ago and it peaked some interest some of the stuff I wasnt a fan of like racing to your ball or something along those lines.

New Pokemon probably won't get announced until after Arceus. Earliest is late next year. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

why they refuse to announce the new Switch I have no clue other than it’s Nintendo.

For what?   To give scalpers a heads up?

I never bought a Switch, so I was considering getting the new one for Zelda 2, but we know the new Switch will be hard to come by for the first year or 2, especially considering the limited stock Nintendo typically releases.

3 hours ago, 43M said:

For what?   To give scalpers a heads up?

I never bought a Switch, so I was considering getting the new one for Zelda 2, but we know the new Switch will be hard to come by for the first year or 2, especially considering the limited stock Nintendo typically releases.

Just saying what it is and confirming a timeline won’t do anything negative as far as scalpers go. 

Though yeah at this point maybe they do just do a somewhat shadow drop, get people to impulse buy the improvement.

The avatar game looks beautiful even tho idc about the movie/s

and 160 ppl FPS games sounds like an interesting step into the future. Wonder what games look like years from now with each old hindrance removed