2021 Fantasy Football: Rate my draft thread

12 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Just finished my first home redraft league draft. Full PPR. 2 Flex spots. 12 man league

Drafting from the 8 spot 

QB- Tannehill/Lance

RB- Jonathan Taylor/Joe Mixon/Miles Sanders/Mike Davis/JD McKissic

WR- Woods/Devonta Smith/Sutton/Pittman/Calloway/Ruggs

TE- Kelce

DST- Broncos

K- Jason Myers

WR could be a big problem especially since its full PPR. I'm not sure who was your first and 2nd pick but you stole the 2nd one. Woods is a great 4th round pick in PPR. Hopefully 1 of the young WRs emerge and Mixon stays healthy. I just cant with Sanders, but round 5 is value and I'm a Davis believer as a solid RB2/Flex. Tannehill-Lance is an awesome 1-2 punch at QB. If a 2nd WR can prove to be Top-24 then this will be a very good roster(assuming health)

10 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

QB: Kyler Murray

RB: Aaron Jones

RB: Najee Harris

WR: Allen Robinson

WR: Laviska Shenault

TE: Kyle Pitts

FLEX: Chris Carson

FLEX: Curtis Samuel

*BENCH: Michael Thomas

BENCH: Cole Beasley

*BENCH: T.Y. Hilton

BENCH: Ben Roethlisberger

Jones-Najee-Allen-Carson is about as good of a first 4 rounds as you can hope for. Totally fine taking Kyler there even though I tend to not like QB that early, I just dont love the available players there. Viska and Samuel as starters kind of worries me, especially Samuel. I want Pitts, its an unnatural want at this point because I keep harping this "Best TE season ever to be worth it" thing when in reality he could have a Tee Higgins season and that would be perfect 900-6. If they dont use him like a WR it seems like a waste

Because you have Pitts, at the very least wait and see what they say about Smith first, is he on the PUP list or full IR or neither? If he is on the PUP/IR then id drop him for Cook since at least he is the #1 TE on his team(assuming Parham isnt a big threat yet?)

50 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm not a big fan. Definitely curious how the first round went. I'm assuming you're picking 10th but even still I feel like your 1-2 could've been better. Allen is a PPR monster, Evans is not especially if you got him early round 4 in a 10 team league. I love alot of the later round picks: Pittman, Edwards, the RBs all have solid PPR floors. If 1 of the rookie RBs or Mike Davis provide solid RB2 production that'll go a long way. Kmet I just dont have as a Top-15 TE so the fact you have him as your lone TE is unfortunate but like you said some teams took 3 TEs. Really sucks about the league format issue mid-draft as well. Keenan Allen end of Round 3 is by far my favorite pick

I picked 2nd and went DC33, D-Hop and then Keenan Allen as my first 3 picks

I was targeting TEs earlier but like I mentioned people were taking 3 to 4 TEs before I took my first the guy ahead of me took 3 straight TEs and sniped a couple of my targets so after that happened I decided to just punt the position all together, Im not the highest on Kmet but he is going to be TE1 with Jimmy Grahampa taking a backseat this  year, He will be the 3rd receiving option in that offense behind ARob and Mooney, No way D Mont gets more targets than Kmet. And hopefully he can be FIelds safety blanket when he gets the starting gig.

Yeah If I wasnt a complete momo and was paying attention to the format I would not of taken Lamar where I got him and would of targeted someone as my FLEX player in the 6th round like Tyler Lockett but thats all on me.

First round went as such,

CMC, DC33, AK41, King Henry, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, EZE, Diggs, Ekeler, Kelce

13 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Just finished my first home redraft league draft. Full PPR. 2 Flex spots. 12 man league

Drafting from the 8 spot 

QB- Tannehill/Lance

RB- Jonathan Taylor/Joe Mixon/Miles Sanders/Mike Davis/JD McKissic

WR- Woods/Devonta Smith/Sutton/Pittman/Calloway/Ruggs

TE- Kelce

DST- Broncos

K- Jason Myers

Thats a solid team.  I dont like your WR but having Kelce to go with JT and Mixon is huge.  Your RB depth is really solid with Miles and Davis.  I might try to send one of them with a WR for an upgrade at WR but it never hurts to have RB depth and can just play 4 RBs with the 2 flex spots.  Very solid team.  

On 8/31/2021 at 10:00 AM, Scalamania said:

12 team, PPR, 8th pick - got stuck in a really bad spot w RBs and I couldn't pass on Kelce coming back in the second. 

QB - Matt Ryan (11), Jameis Winston (12)

RB - Darrell Henderson (4), Mike Davis (5), David Johnson (8), Ronald Jones (9)

WR - Tyreek Hill (1), Justin Jefferson (3), Kenny Golladay (6), Michael Thomas (7), Jarvis Landry (10)

TE - Travis Kelce (2), Jared Cook (13)

DEF - Cleveland (14)

I really don't like these RBs.  I have concerns Davis will lose touches over the year, Henderson could see more of a split with Michel, and I dont trust Dj or RoJon at all to start.  RoJo may show it but I just dont like the corwded offense and RB room there.  Your WR and TE are great but that really hurts your RB spot.  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

12-team 0.5 PPR, 11th pick.

I went big and took a risk on Michael Thomas in the 7th round. I also had no idea Irv Smith may be out for the year. Do I stick with him or drop him for Jared Cook, Zach Ertz, or OJ Howard?

QB: Kyler Murray

RB: Aaron Jones

RB: Najee Harris

WR: Allen Robinson

WR: Laviska Shenault

TE: Kyle Pitts

FLEX: Chris Carson

FLEX: Curtis Samuel

D/ST: Buccaneers

K: Brandon McManus

*BENCH: Michael Thomas

BENCH: Cole Beasley

*BENCH: T.Y. Hilton

*BENCH: Irv Smith Jr.

BENCH: Ben Roethlisberger

BENCH: Darrynton Evans

Solid team.  WR depth is relatively weak but could be fixed if Thomas actually comes back in week 7.  Beasley and Hilton are not rosterable IMO in 12 man leagues so would look to upgrade the depth there.  RB depth also is weak but I like Evans upside.  Henry has to have some burnout and that could mean a solid depth role for Evans but also could just be a wasted roster spot.  Your starters are solid, and should have you in contention but any injuries and you might be scrambling. 

41 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

but I wonder what RBs you passed on in Round 1

Ekeler, Chubb and Taylor

Cook is sort of a waste because he'll never play and I dont see the upside that makes him worth trading for.

I always take two TEs - typically everyone in this league does so the TE wire is usually really thin. 

Darrell Henderson in R4 is a massive reach now with Michel there and their roles being muddied. Mike Davis is someone I find myself getting alot of. David Johnson I avoid like the plague. Ronald Jones, if he can establish himself as the RB1 and keep LF off the field, could be a steal but you never know when its his week.

My RBs are terrible - got stuck in a bad spot because I elected to take the pass catchers, assuming someone like Robinson or Swift would fall to me which obviously didn't happen. 

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I really don't like these RBs.  I have concerns Davis will lose touches over the year, Henderson could see more of a split with Michel, and I dont trust Dj or RoJon at all to start.  RoJo may show it but I just dont like the corwded offense and RB room there.  Your WR and TE are great but that really hurts your RB spot.  

The RBs are awful - got stuck in a bad spot after I elected to take the pass catchers for value in rounds 2 & 3. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

12 Team auction draft.  Side note, one player wasn't there, so it drove up prices early until he spent a bunch of money.  He ended up with Kelce and Kittle so I may try to trade for one of them using my depth.  2 other teams drafted 2 top QBs (one with Mahomes and Kyler, the other with Rodgers and Lamar).  I definitely punted QB too much and tried to get back in on guys like Tannehill but they went for too much for what I had remaining.  I put Lawrence up early thinking others would bid on him and got him for $1 so unfortunately that messed with my mentality on grabbing the 3-8 QBs when they were going for $20+.   I am thinking about dropping one of the QBs for Cousins or someone like that who is at least established a little but not sure it will lead to more fantasy points, but I hate depending on rookie QBs. Its a half point PPR, QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, LB, LB, DL, DB. 

QB - Trevor Lawrence ($1), Mac Jones ($1)
RB - Miles Sanders ($28), David Montgomery ($35), Kareem Hunt ($11), Mike Davis ($24), Rhamondre Stevenson ($1)
WR - Calvin Ridley ($48), Mike Evans ($25), Jerry Jeudy ($12), Deebo Samuel ($5), Jarvis Landry ($4), Curtis Samuel ($2)
TE - TJ Hockenson ($12), Tyler Higbee ($3)
LB - Fred Warner ($2), Ken Murray Jr ($1)
DL - Nick Bosa ($2), Chase Young ($4)
DB - Khari Willis ($1)

I don't usually spend more than $1 on defense but had a few extra dollars at the end so went $2 on a  couple.  I like my depth RB but not a fan of my starters.  I think they will be ok, and according to others in their range I feel like I got a good deal (James Robinson went for 46, Josh Jacobs went for 30, Chris Carson went for 29, Chase Edmonds went for 20, Gaskins went for 25).  There are definitely teams with better top end talent but they really are lacking in other areas.  I feel like I have a solid starting group and can play matchups for Flex/RB/WR comfortably.  Its just the QB that scares me most. 

First off, I dont do IDPs so I cant help there

Going rookie-rookie at QB is a little concerning but you cant hate the value

I'm not a Sanders or Evans guy so 25+% on them isnt something id love. I do like Ridley, Monty and Davis, I think you stole Jeudy. I like the 2 TEs you got although not sure you needed a 2nd since at that cost you probably start Hock every week

I'm not doing an auction this year, looking at it from a re-draft perspective there is no Round 1 player, Ridley is the lone Round 2, Monty Round 3, Sanders and Evans probably are Round 4, right? I think the lack of high-end talent will make things difficult

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

The RBs are awful - got stuck in a bad spot after I elected to take the pass catchers for value in rounds 2 & 3. 

I wouldnt have passed on Kelce in round 2 either.  Its the Jefferson pick where I may have leaned to a RB.  I don't love the RBs there but I'd rather have Montgomery/CEH/Swift/Carson/Mixon/Robinson and Woods/Thielen/Kupp/Cooper/ than the combo of Jefferson and Henderson.  I like Henderson, just not as an RB1.  You have enough to skate by, but I'd be watching the waiver wire or grabbing some potential like Rhamondre Stevenson to stash and hope for the best. 

19 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I picked 2nd and went DC33, D-Hop and then Keenan Allen as my first 3 picks

I was targeting TEs earlier but like I mentioned people were taking 3 to 4 TEs before I took my first the guy ahead of me took 3 straight TEs and sniped a couple of my targets so after that happened I decided to just punt the position all together, Im not the highest on Kmet but he is going to be TE1 with Jimmy Grahampa taking a backseat this  year, He will be the 3rd receiving option in that offense behind ARob and Mooney, No way D Mont gets more targets than Kmet. And hopefully he can be FIelds safety blanket when he gets the starting gig.

Yeah If I wasnt a complete momo and was paying attention to the format I would not of taken Lamar where I got him and would of targeted someone as my FLEX player in the 6th round like Tyler Lockett but thats all on me.

First round went as such,

CMC, DC33, AK41, King Henry, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, EZE, Diggs, Ekeler, Kelce

Wow my bad, I didnt realize DC33 was a thing. Totally thought you were talking Antonio Gibson since he plays in DC(I have no clue what his # is)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

First off, I dont do IDPs so I cant help there

Going rookie-rookie at QB is a little concerning but you cant hate the value

I'm not a Sanders or Evans guy so 25+% on them isnt something id love. I do like Ridley, Monty and Davis, I think you stole Jeudy. I like the 2 TEs you got although not sure you needed a 2nd since at that cost you probably start Hock every week

I'm not doing an auction this year, looking at it from a re-draft perspective there is no Round 1 player, Ridley is the lone Round 2, Monty Round 3, Sanders and Evans probably are Round 4, right? I think the lack of high-end talent will make things difficult

I may try to trade for one of Mahomes/Kyler/Rodgers/Jackson since the four of them are dispersed between 2 teams.  I hope one of them wants more depth better flex than having a stud QB sitting on the bench. I will add Cousins or Fitz after dropping Bosa since I don't typically keep any IDP players on my bench other than a bye week occasionally. I thought I started 2 DL so spent more on Young after having Bosa which screwed my last bench spot. 

I didn't love Sanders but I think he outperforms this value.  He was one of the first guys I got, not intentionally but I think based on the others around him going for 30-40, it was a solid value.  He is easily the best RB on that team and hopefully the new staff realizes that.  Scott and Howard don't scare me. 

Evans is similar.  I wanted a solid WR2 and I kept missing out.  It was down to him and a couple others in that range and all of the others went for significantly more.  

There are roster limits (5RB, 6WR, 3QBs, 3 TES) so I couldn't add another RB or WR so I spent a couple extra dollars on Higbee.  I wanted a top 6 TE after missing on the elite talents so I spent more on Hock than I intended but similarly, Pitts and Andrews went for 19 and 20 so I think I won the value there. 

Based on ADP, I have 7 players in the top 55, but as you said, no first rounders. But the average for a 12 team would be 4.5 players in the top 55.  I think Ridley is going to be WR2-4 this year so I really wanted him.  I would call him an early 2nd per my rankings.  Monty is a late 2nd/early 3rd type and I really like him this year with hopefully some better QB play.  I feel like I have the best WR2/Flex/TE combo in the league but I lack in RB1/2 and QB. I think I am going to struggle but I feel like every other year I splurge for 2/3 studs (last year I had Zeke, Godwin, OBJ all get hurt) and then my depth sucks, then injuries happen and I suck all year.  I tried a different strategy this year so will see how it works out. Im not overly optimistic but also not overly mad about it. 

29 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wow my bad, I didnt realize DC33 was a thing. Totally thought you were talking Antonio Gibson since he plays in DC(I have no clue what his # is)

lol no worries I should probably use their real names I just like using nicknames think its a lot more fun, But yeah Dalvin Cook was my 1st round pick.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GHARMON9 said:

Facts to all this. 

I dropped Kmet for C.Hubbard as insurance for CMC. 

I'd probably drop Ertz too and pick up a late rookie with upside like Stevenson or Elijah Mitchell or Qadree Ollison just to have a chance at finding something special.  I would also consider picking Kmet back up and dropping Ertz instead if you don't like those RBs.  Kmet at least has upside, Ertz is on the downswing. 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So did these players cost $, what were there values?

I have no problem with a 0 RB startup format but I feel like you'd rather have a younger WR with a lot more keeper value compared to Adams but at the $5 per year increase maybe they eventually become too costly.

qGogER8.png

The format is weird, wherein keepers aren't optional we're required to keep 4 players every year, there's a nominal surcharge, and after those amounts are deducted from the starting $200 budget, we then auction draft to fill out the rest of the team (this in future years: 2022 forward).  At what would be (again our commissioner is "playing it by ear" which means we'll nail him down to more concrete stuff once we actually go through it in drafts for other fantasy sports) between $65-70 in 2022, I almost certainly won't be keeping Davante.  Lamb at $33-38 however is a definite option that I can get at least a few years out of before he becomes to expensive to keep (especially if he continues on the trajectory he's on from last season).  Sermon at $11-16 is likely locked in as a keeper over the lenght of his rookie contract (barring career-altering injury) being as he'd be the starter in a run-heavy, RB-friendly team with a very good defense.  Even in his 5th year, he'd cost $36 which - if he's even a Top 15 RB on the regular at that point - is a minor steal.  Plus there are two huge Niners fans in this league that always leave me an option to trade him off for pieces if I opt to go that route.  3 and 4, for the moment would be some combination of Thomas (on the short-term, I half expect him to be traded next offseason), Rodgers, and Corey Davis (he'd be cheap depth at the worst, though I do expect him to likely take a backseat to Elijah Moore in 2022 and as time progresses).