2021 Fantasy Football: Rate my draft thread

Sad People

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:
4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

12 Team auction draft.  Side note, one player wasn't there, so it drove up prices early until he spent a bunch of money.  He ended up with Kelce and Kittle so I may try to trade for one of them using my depth.  2 other teams drafted 2 top QBs (one with Mahomes and Kyler, the other with Rodgers and Lamar).  I definitely punted QB too much and tried to get back in on guys like Tannehill but they went for too much for what I had remaining.  I put Lawrence up early thinking others would bid on him and got him for $1 so unfortunately that messed with my mentality on grabbing the 3-8 QBs when they were going for $20+.   I am thinking about dropping one of the QBs for Cousins or someone like that who is at least established a little but not sure it will lead to more fantasy points, but I hate depending on rookie QBs. Its a half point PPR, QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, LB, LB, DL, DB. 

QB - Trevor Lawrence ($1), Mac Jones ($1)
RB - Miles Sanders ($28), David Montgomery ($35), Kareem Hunt ($11), Mike Davis ($24), Rhamondre Stevenson ($1)
WR - Calvin Ridley ($48), Mike Evans ($25), Jerry Jeudy ($12), Deebo Samuel ($5), Jarvis Landry ($4), Curtis Samuel ($2)
TE - TJ Hockenson ($12), Tyler Higbee ($3)
LB - Fred Warner ($2), Ken Murray Jr ($1)
DL - Nick Bosa ($2), Chase Young ($4)
DB - Khari Willis ($1)

I don't usually spend more than $1 on defense but had a few extra dollars at the end so went $2 on a  couple.  I like my depth RB but not a fan of my starters.  I think they will be ok, and according to others in their range I feel like I got a good deal (James Robinson went for 46, Josh Jacobs went for 30, Chris Carson went for 29, Chase Edmonds went for 20, Gaskins went for 25).  There are definitely teams with better top end talent but they really are lacking in other areas.  I feel like I have a solid starting group and can play matchups for Flex/RB/WR comfortably.  Its just the QB that scares me most. 

First off, I dont do IDPs so I cant help there

Going rookie-rookie at QB is a little concerning but you cant hate the value

I'm not a Sanders or Evans guy so 25+% on them isnt something id love. I do like Ridley, Monty and Davis, I think you stole Jeudy. I like the 2 TEs you got although not sure you needed a 2nd since at that cost you probably start Hock every week

I'm not doing an auction this year, looking at it from a re-draft perspective there is no Round 1 player, Ridley is the lone Round 2, Monty Round 3, Sanders and Evans probably are Round 4, right? I think the lack of high-end talent will make things difficult

Conversely, I love his WR's, outside of Landry who admittedly has some PPR value and I suppose is fine as a WR5, but I just don't see the upside.  For 0.5pt PPR, by my stat-outs, he has my WR5 (Ridley), WR13 (Evans; he's nothing if not consistent in any year he wasn't severely injured for fantasy - 5/7 of his professional seasons he's finished as a Top-12 fantasy WR), WR28 (Deebo), WR32 (Jeudy), and WR38 (Samuel).

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Interesting that you waited so long for QB in a super flex. The rest of your starting lineup is awesome but I am definitely concerned about QB until Lance starts and even then Fitz as a #2 when you're already dropping Jimmy G and could be the same with Watson too makes me wonder who the heck is left on waivers. Would've rather had a 3rd QB that will play this year. Like the play of Thomas in round 10 as well, worth a shot

Yeah, the draft kinda got away from me…

I kept getting QBs snipped and really liking other positions…. I just keep pushing the position back and back….  Love the rest of my team though. Hopefully Fitz has a serviceable year and SF opts to go with a traditional 1 QB strategy… 

literally only QB left is Tyrod.

Edited by 101Raider

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Jones-Najee-Allen-Carson is about as good of a first 4 rounds as you can hope for. Totally fine taking Kyler there even though I tend to not like QB that early, I just dont love the available players there. Viska and Samuel as starters kind of worries me, especially Samuel. I want Pitts, its an unnatural want at this point because I keep harping this "Best TE season ever to be worth it" thing when in reality he could have a Tee Higgins season and that would be perfect 900-6. If they dont use him like a WR it seems like a waste

Because you have Pitts, at the very least wait and see what they say about Smith first, is he on the PUP list or full IR or neither? If he is on the PUP/IR then id drop him for Cook since at least he is the #1 TE on his team(assuming Parham isnt a big threat yet?)

Yeah my plan was to get 3 strong RBs. I didn’t plan on taking a QB that early but Murray is a top 5 guy to me and I wanted to grab him before I picked in 22 picks again.

WR, I took a big chance on Thomas. But I took Shenault as a guy I think could take a leap to a solid WR3 and then Beasley as a safe floor option while I wait for Thomas to return. And Samuel is someone I just think will get a lot of targets and volume so figured why not.

Im also kind of banking on Pitts to make up for some of that and be a WR2 type productive player for me. 

I took a flyer on Hilton since he was available so low. But he is someone I’m hoping is trade value before the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Solid team.  WR depth is relatively weak but could be fixed if Thomas actually comes back in week 7.  Beasley and Hilton are not rosterable IMO in 12 man leagues so would look to upgrade the depth there.  RB depth also is weak but I like Evans upside.  Henry has to have some burnout and that could mean a solid depth role for Evans but also could just be a wasted roster spot.  Your starters are solid, and should have you in contention but any injuries and you might be scrambling. 

Yeah a lot banks on Thomas. But worth the risk to me.

As for Beasley I figured he’d be a safe floor option at FLEX for a few weeks while I wait for Thomas. Hilton was another flyer I took but tbh I was undecided at that pick and the clock was down to 5 secs lol.

Evans was my last pick so definitely a likely drop for me if someone happens to become available.

2 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Yeah a lot banks on Thomas. But worth the risk to me.

As for Beasley I figured he’d be a safe floor option at FLEX for a few weeks while I wait for Thomas. Hilton was another flyer I took but tbh I was undecided at that pick and the clock was down to 5 secs lol.

Evans was my last pick so definitely a likely drop for me if someone happens to become available.

I, obviously, prefer Beasley far more in PPR formats than standard formats.  That said, I expect Buffalo to pass ALOT this season - particularly if preseason is any predictor.  To that end, I'm actually lower on Buffalo's RB's outside of best-ball leagues because I just think it's going to be near-impossible to pinpoint who is in for the week you can count on, barring an injury - largely because even the Bills don't seem to care or differentiate between the two.  Hilton is absolutely unrosterable right now because he's already dealing with neck and back issues, I'll be genuinely shocked if he avoids the PUP at the rate things are going.  Additionally, despite Reich's system I think the track record of the QB in question does bear consideration (particularly when that QB has played under that coach previously).  The two receivers that were most dependable when Wentz was QB'ing the Eagles were Alshon Jeffery and Nelson Agholor (or whoever happened to be deployed in the slot).  Those guys in Indy's offense are Michael Pittman (and to a lesser degree Zach Pascal, but Pittman's the big-body guy) and Parris Campbell.  Now I certainly think there's a possibility that Pascal, if he gets slot assignments, cuts into Campbell's production, but that kind of stuff needs to be at least kept in mind.

Now I don't think Beasley is "undraftable," just that in a 12-team league he's a fringe-roster guy for me; a last-guy-on-the-bench type that would be my sacrificial lamb if/when I needed to drop someone for a waiver wire pickup.  And I usually would be drafting a guy in that position that had a bit more upside and who I was confident I'd be able to get a good read on his role in the first two weeks (if not Week 1 outright).  But Beasley is largely undervalued in the fantasy community, especially in PPR formats (he was the WR17 in PPR last season), on the regular and is the kind of guy that almost always finishes the season rostered, he's just not the type that you necessarily prioritize drafting unless you're flush full of ceiling guys with questionable consistency early on and you're looking to bolster the floor/consistency of your team.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

So I think I’m going to drop Hilton. In 0.5 PPR, which one of these should I grab:

Sammy Watkins

Sterling Shepard

Zach Pascal

Terrace Marshall

Terrace Marshall or Sterling Shepard

Marshall for a higher ceiling I feel like or Shepard for a safer floor

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

This 100%. Depends on your team construct

Thinking safe would be better with Shepard, but that’s what I drafted Beasley for. I think between the two I’m leaning Marshall. Saw Carolina had 3 top 25 fantasy WR last year and the guy is just mega talented. Think he could be an instant FLEX.

27 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Thinking safe would be better with Shepard, but that’s what I drafted Beasley for. I think between the two I’m leaning Marshall. Saw Carolina had 3 top 25 fantasy WR last year and the guy is just mega talented. Think he could be an instant FLEX.

FWIW they had 3 Top-25 WRs when CMC basically missed the whole season so i don’t expect it again

Been a bit out of the loop since the Super bowl, so I didn't prepare all too well for the draft yesterday, but I got the number 2 pick in our 12 team league.

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray

RB - Dalvin Cook, James Conner, Michael Carter, James White

WR - Mike Evans, Chase Claypool, Michael Pittman Jr., Jakobi Meyers, Elijah Moore

TE - Darren Waller, Dallas Goedert

K - Daniel Carlson

DEF - Baltimore

Obviously the big slip up is having two elite QBs for no reason at all. Just made a mistake, drafted Murray in round 5 and I don't even know why (wish I could say I drank enough beers beforehand to justify it) so I'm looking to find a trade in my league and move him for a strong RB. Apart from that I'm happy with my WR core, probably the best core on paper I had in years since I'm still pretty new to FF.

Snatching Cook, Waller, Mahomes and Evans could be great value and a pretty much the perfect backbone, but man I need to find a way to bring another good running back. In hindsight, I probably should have drafted Carson in round three over Mahomes, but usually my league goes heavy on elite QB's in rounds three and four so I didn't want to settle for a mid range QB. If I manage to get a good deal for Murray that would be great.

9 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Last draft before the season 12 Team Full PPR 2 Flex 3 WR. Drafted from the 3 spot

QB- Kyler Murray/Trey Lance

RB- Kamara/Gibson/Mike Davis/Ronald Jones/Trey Sermon

WR- Metcalf/Ayiuk/Pittman/Mooney/Hollywood/Marvin Jones/Gage/Reagor

TE- Hockenson

K- Gould

DST- Patriots

Love the QB pairing, 1 of the top-6 and a high value lotto ticket

Kamara-Gibson really shouldn't have happened, thats amazing value. I'm still on Mike Davis and pairing him with Sermon is good because Davis might slow down as Sermon picks up

Metcalf is a good #1, I like the potential of most everyone at WR but there will be some concerns with your 3rd WR spot.

Hockensen again, a solid Top-6 option as well

Overall I think you crushed it. If the starting format includes 2 RBs(wasnt sure if they were just lumped into the 2 Flex part) then I think everyone has 1 question in their starting RB/WR spot

1 hour ago, TheChancellor said:

Been a bit out of the loop since the Super bowl, so I didn't prepare all too well for the draft yesterday, but I got the number 2 pick in our 12 team league.

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray

RB - Dalvin Cook, James Conner, Michael Carter, James White

WR - Mike Evans, Chase Claypool, Michael Pittman Jr., Jakobi Meyers, Elijah Moore

TE - Darren Waller, Dallas Goedert

K - Daniel Carlson

DEF - Baltimore

Obviously the big slip up is having two elite QBs for no reason at all. Just made a mistake, drafted Murray in round 5 and I don't even know why (wish I could say I drank enough beers beforehand to justify it) so I'm looking to find a trade in my league and move him for a strong RB. Apart from that I'm happy with my WR core, probably the best core on paper I had in years since I'm still pretty new to FF.

Snatching Cook, Waller, Mahomes and Evans could be great value and a pretty much the perfect backbone, but man I need to find a way to bring another good running back. In hindsight, I probably should have drafted Carson in round three over Mahomes, but usually my league goes heavy on elite QB's in rounds three and four so I didn't want to settle for a mid range QB. If I manage to get a good deal for Murray that would be great.

In Non-PPR Evans is okay there but if its PPR at all I dont love that(Im assuming it is since you drafted White). I'm a big Waller-Cook fans. Hopefully you can trade a QB for a starting caliber RB and your younger WRs take the next step. 

40 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

In Non-PPR Evans is okay there but if its PPR at all I dont love that(Im assuming it is since you drafted White). I'm a big Waller-Cook fans. Hopefully you can trade a QB for a starting caliber RB and your younger WRs take the next step. 

It's Non-PPR so Evans is I think a good pick who generally brings in decent to great hauls. Appreciate the compliment for the Cook and Waller picks, in years past I always had a pretty considerable hole at the tight end spot and this year, with my draft position seemed perfectly aligned to go with that combo.

I also managed to cut White and add DeVante Parker so the WR core is set in place, as long as some of those fellas turn up this season.

Edited by TheChancellor