2021 Fantasy Football: Rate my draft thread

Sad People

Just now, NYRaider said:

I took Mixon after going Adams in the first round and Diggs in the second round as RB17 off the board and then took D'Andre Swift in the fourth round as RB21. Also took Chase Edmonds in round 5 as RB30 and Damien Harris in round 6 as RB32. All of them are kind of boom or bust but I was 7th in a 12 team PPR league.

Last year Burrow went in like round 4 (this year he went in round 6). Its pretty funny someitmes. 

We are on pick 84 and Brandon Aiyuk is still available. Very tempted as my wr4. I need a running back, so Mostert is probably the pick here, but Aiyuk is hard to ignore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Last year Burrow went in like round 4 (this year he went in round 6). Its pretty funny someitmes. 

We are on pick 84 and Brandon Aiyuk is still available. Very tempted as my wr4. I need a running back, so Mostert is probably the pick here, but Aiyuk is hard to ignore. 

How many people are in your league? Aiyuk went in round 7 in my league but I was able to land Jakobi Meyers in the 12th. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

How many people are in your league? Aiyuk went in round 7 in my league but I was able to land Jakobi Meyers in the 12th. 

I passed on him and he went the pick after. I thought the value of the running backs was too high and too many WRs available. I'm perfectly happy having Corey Davis as my wr4, or Callaway, Antonio Brown, etc. Took Hunt and Mostert in 8 and 9 to round out my running backs. Can focus on WR now. May stash Michael Thomas and draft Antonio Brown on the next two. 

With My QBs set for byes starting week 7, I think I may risk a Justin Fields / Trey Lance super late flier as a back up. If neither one is the starter by then, I can hope there's a reasonable streamer available. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Interesting spot because I have two picks in 4, and I only have 2 running backs and there's ahuge drop off in my opinion. Have Hunt and Mostert with a pick to go. 

I'd probably tank Hunt. I think Sermon will get a lot of the red zone carries and Lance will take carries away as well when/if he becomes the starter. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'd probably tank Hunt. I think Sermon will get a lot of the red zone carries and Lance will take carries away as well when/if he becomes the starter. 

As a niners fan...I'll just say that I think people are sleeping on Mostert. I think he's the clear cut starter. Sermon didn't really look all that great and Mostert is so explosive (I should have mentioned, there are point bonuses in this league for 40 and 50 yard plays). I think that there will definitely be a split as there usually is with the niners, but I think Mostert is going to be an RB2 when he plays (injuries are a problem) 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I passed on him and he went the pick after. I thought the value of the running backs was too high and too many WRs available. I'm perfectly happy having Corey Davis as my wr4, or Callaway, Antonio Brown, etc. Took Hunt and Mostert in 8 and 9 to round out my running backs. Can focus on WR now. May stash Michael Thomas and draft Antonio Brown on the next two. 

With My QBs set for byes starting week 7, I think I may risk a Justin Fields / Trey Lance super late flier as a back up. If neither one is the starter by then, I can hope there's a reasonable streamer available. 

I like Corey Davis a lot, I was listening to a podcast today and they said he was targeted on 70% of his routes with Zach in the preseason. I love Fields or Lance as a late round flier QB.

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

As a niners fan...I'll just say that I think people are sleeping on Mostert. I think he's the clear cut starter. Sermon didn't really look all that great and Mostert is so explosive (I should have mentioned, there are point bonuses in this league for 40 and 50 yard plays). I think that there will definitely be a split as there usually is with the niners, but I think Mostert is going to be an RB2 when he plays (injuries are a problem) 

I like Mostert, my only concern with him, like Miles Sanders or Chase Edmonds is that if Lance eventually does start he will likely take away a good chunk of his carries, particularly in the red zone.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

Harris did fall to me in the second, so it wasn't all bad...but QBs went faster than anticipated and left me in a somewhat awkward spot. HEre's where I'm at right now in a 2qb league  

1. Cook
  2. Harris
  3. Hopkins
  4. Wilson 
  5. Herbert 

I dont think thats bad at all. 2 Top-10 QBs and 3 top-20 lets say overall. I think I would’ve taken Waller over Hop though 

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont think thats bad at all. 2 Top-10 QBs and 3 top-20 lets say overall. I think I would’ve taken Waller over Hop though 

Thats going to be something i kick around in my head for like the next week. I took it all the way down on the timer, to be honest. I ended up whiffing on tight end completely after that. Still don't have one. Last year I took one in the very last round and it was fine (even after kicker / D lol) but you kind of hate to rely on just smashing your sleepers every year.

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Thats going to be something i kick around in my head for like the next week. I took it all the way down on the timer, to be honest. I ended up whiffing on tight end completely after that. Still don't have one. Last year I took one in the very last round and it was fine (even after kicker / D lol) but you kind of hate to rely on just smashing your sleepers every year.

I'm regretting this more as the roster takes shape...I think bouncing Hopkins for Waller and using the guys I got as my current wide receivers 2/3/4 as my 1/2/3 would have been okay. 

Final results: 

Superflex, full ppr- 

QB - Wilson / Herbert / Jameis (Seattle and Atlanta on my qb bye weeks)

RB - Cook / Najee Harris / Kareem Hunt / Raheem Mostert / Tony Pollard (last round pick, I like to take another teams top tier handcuff)

WR - Hopkins / Julio / Tee Higgins / Corey Davis / Marquez Callaway

TE - Gronk / Ertz (yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck)

K - Tucker 

Def - 49ers (easiest schedule in the league) 

The  bypassing of Waller is brutal. Even if I ran with Julio / Higgins / Davis as my 1-2-3, that wouldn't be the worst thing. I also would have taken another WR to at least try and figure some stuff out and stream effectively. 

• Like 1

10 team PPR. Picked 7th. Not too thrilled with this one. Actually went Ekeler over Barkley which I just wanted to change things up. 9/10 times I don’t make that move. 

QB- Dak, Ryan

RB- Ekeler, Chubb, Montgomery, Davis, Harris

WR- Jefferson, DJ Moore, Jeudy, Pittman, Michael Thomas

TE- Hockenson, Gesicki

D/ST- Carolina (will just stream all year)

K- McManus

26 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

10 team PPR. Picked 7th. Not too thrilled with this one. Actually went Ekeler over Barkley which I just wanted to change things up. 9/10 times I don’t make that move. 

QB- Dak, Ryan

RB- Ekeler, Chubb, Montgomery, Davis, Harris

WR- Jefferson, DJ Moore, Jeudy, Pittman, Michael Thomas

TE- Hockenson, Gesicki

D/ST- Carolina (will just stream all year)

K- McManus

I'm going ekeler over Barkley ten times out of ten this year

• Like 1