2021 Fantasy Football: Rate my draft thread

Sad People

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Final results: 

Superflex, full ppr- 

QB - Wilson / Herbert / Jameis (Seattle and Atlanta on my qb bye weeks)

RB - Cook / Najee Harris / Kareem Hunt / Raheem Mostert / Tony Pollard (last round pick, I like to take another teams top tier handcuff)

WR - Hopkins / Julio / Tee Higgins / Corey Davis / Marquez Callaway

TE - Gronk / Ertz (yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck)

K - Tucker 

Def - 49ers (easiest schedule in the league) 

The  bypassing of Waller is brutal. Even if I ran with Julio / Higgins / Davis as my 1-2-3, that wouldn't be the worst thing. I also would have taken another WR to at least try and figure some stuff out and stream effectively. 

If Julio is healthy you could do worse at WR(assuming you took Waller) I like all 5 really

Like you said about your sleepers, everybody has them but we aren't perfect in predicting their outcomes so its tough to rely on them to be starters.

Overall I think you did well but yea TE could be a pain. Hopefully Ertz gets traded

6 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

10 team PPR. Picked 7th. Not too thrilled with this one. Actually went Ekeler over Barkley which I just wanted to change things up. 9/10 times I don’t make that move. 

QB- Dak, Ryan

RB- Ekeler, Chubb, Montgomery, Davis, Harris

WR- Jefferson, DJ Moore, Jeudy, Pittman, Michael Thomas

TE- Hockenson, Gesicki

D/ST- Carolina (will just stream all year)

K- McManus

How many RBs can you start? Its almost like you have too many which seems impossible to be a real problem

I think Ekeler-Chubb-Monty-JJ are top-30 players so thats great. Jeudy-Pittman-Thomas have upside, Davis has a solid floor for now and Harris has good upside. 

Can you help me out? I know its alot to read but

1. I like to think I help where I can

2. I think this is a good lesson on letting the board play out and dont just blindly reach for RBs

So this didnt go according to plan, I’m well aware that my RBs arent good but i honestly dont see how i should’ve gone RB instead of taking who i did: (not sure why its all bolded, wont let me change it...)

Starting:

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 RB/WR

1 TE

Picking 9th, Non-PPR: I took Zeke simple enough.

16th: I took Tyreek Hill, the RBs taken in between my 2nd and 3rd were: Ekeler, JRob, Carson, Monty, Jacobs. Cant imagine that was the wrong call, once Najee-Gibson-Mixon were gone it was obvious. Also CEH was taken early, didnt factor in.

33rd: Allen Robinson: RBs taken before i couldnt justify 1(and Waller-Kittle were gone FWIW), no RBs taken between 33 & 40

40th: CeeDee Lamb: Quite frankly i was shocked he was available, i considered him over ARob but stuck to my board. Didnt love taking him at 33 because i have Zeke but him falling to 40, i didnt care

57th: Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews and Hockensen were gone, i’m a big believer in Pitts, 8 QBs were already taken, and Sanders-Gus-Javonte-Edmonds-Mostert-Swift-Hunt-Henderson were taken. I went with the upside swing with Pitts knowing i couldnt go QB nor taken a 4th WR yet

64th: Mike Davis: another QB was taken, as was Damian Harris and Myles Gaskin. The next RBs taken were Fournette, Rojo, Michael Carter, Melvin Gordon and Devin Singletary...i pulled the trigger on someone that was starting and hopefully does all year

81st: Matthew Stafford: Once Tannehill and Hurts went between 64 and 81, i had to take my 12th ranked Stafford. I didnt want to go into the year with a rookie QB or Burrow/Tua as my starters. Stafford should be good enough to hold on to Lance(13.9) and not worry about his matchups

Rounds 8-9-10: I went with upside. I personally think AJ Dillon could be a bigger factor this year with some flex appeal, i dont think Swift can stay healthy long enough so i think Jamaal Williams was worth a shot and i took the high upside that Waddle brings as a potential trade piece

Overall I love the fact that i have 3 WRs that i can set every week regardless of matchup. Pitts and Zeke should be relatively matchup proof and Stafford could do huge things in the McVay offense with Kupp, Woods & Higbee. 

I know my RB2 is a bad spot, but given what i layed out, would you have done something different?

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How many RBs can you start? Its almost like you have too many which seems impossible to be a real problem

I think Ekeler-Chubb-Monty-JJ are top-30 players so thats great. Jeudy-Pittman-Thomas have upside, Davis has a solid floor for now and Harris has good upside. 

I can only start 3 but I’m taking some away from other teams that need them. Plus if injury I like to have options. 

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

2. I think this is a good lesson on letting the board play out and dont just blindly reach for RBs

So this didnt go according to plan, I’m well aware that my RBs arent good but i honestly dont see how i should’ve gone RB instead of taking who i did: (not sure why its all bolded, wont let me change it...)

Starting:

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 RB/WR

1 TE

16th: I took Tyreek Hill, the RBs taken in between my 2nd and 3rd were: Ekeler, JRob, Carson, Monty, Jacobs. Cant imagine that was the wrong call, once Najee-Gibson-Mixon were gone it was obvious. Also CEH was taken early, didnt factor in.

33rd: Allen Robinson: RBs taken before i couldnt justify 1(and Waller-Kittle were gone FWIW), no RBs taken between 33 & 40

40th: CeeDee Lamb: Quite frankly i was shocked he was available, i considered him over ARob but stuck to my board. Didnt love taking him at 33 because i have Zeke but him falling to 40, i didnt care

57th: Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews and Hockensen were gone, i’m a big believer in Pitts, 8 QBs were already taken, and Sanders-Gus-Javonte-Edmonds-Mostert-Swift-Hunt-Henderson were taken. I went with the upside swing with Pitts knowing i couldnt go QB nor taken a 4th WR yet

64th: Mike Davis: another QB was taken, as was Damian Harris and Myles Gaskin. The next RBs taken were Fournette, Rojo, Michael Carter, Melvin Gordon and Devin Singletary...i pulled the trigger on someone that was starting and hopefully does all year

81st: Matthew Stafford: Once Tannehill and Hurts went between 64 and 81, i had to take my 12th ranked Stafford. I didnt want to go into the year with a rookie QB or Burrow/Tua as my starters. Stafford should be good enough to hold on to Lance(13.9) and not worry about his matchups

Rounds 8-9-10: I went with upside. I personally think AJ Dillon could be a bigger factor this year with some flex appeal, i dont think Swift can stay healthy long enough so i think Jamaal Williams was worth a shot and i took the high upside that Waddle brings as a potential trade piece

Overall I love the fact that i have 3 WRs that i can set every week regardless of matchup. Pitts and Zeke should be relatively matchup proof and Stafford could do huge things in the McVay offense with Kupp, Woods & Higbee. 

I know my RB2 is a bad spot, but given what i layed out, would you have done something different?

I'm not sure if I'm misreading, but seems like you took Hill over Ekeler, is that right? Thats the move I would have changed. I'm super bullish on Ekeler. When healthy, he's going to be a top 7 back in PPR. Its crazy value in round 2 and that type of production is hard to supplement at the position in comparison to Hill. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure if I'm misreading, but seems like you took Hill over Ekeler, is that right? Thats the move I would have changed. I'm super bullish on Ekeler. When healthy, he's going to be a top 7 back in PPR. Its crazy value in round 2 and that type of production is hard to supplement at the position in comparison to Hill. 

I did take him over Ekeler but it is Non-PPR so Ekeler takes a significant hit I would think. Would you still have taken Ekeler over Hill?

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I did take him over Ekeler but it is Non-PPR so Ekeler takes a significant hit I would think. Would you still have taken Ekeler over Hill?

I probably still take Ekeler, but it's definitely closer in that case. I think position value matters here and people are maybe discounting Ekeler too much in non ppr. Ekeler probably has 1500+ YFS regardless and if he topped 1600, I wouldn't be shocked at all.  So total yards I lean Ekeler, touchdowns I probably lean toward Hill.  T/he point totals are probably somewhat similar but even if Hill outscores Ekeler by a little, the position value and roster fill out likely favors taking Ekeler there. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I probably still take Ekeler, but it's definitely closer in that case. I think position value matters here and people are maybe discounting Ekeler too much in non ppr. Ekeler probably has 1500+ YFS regardless and if he topped 1600, I wouldn't be shocked at all.  So total yards I lean Ekeler, touchdowns I probably lean toward Hill.  T/he point totals are probably somewhat similar but even if Hill outscores Ekeler by a little, the position value and roster fill out likely favors taking Ekeler there. 

I guess thats true. last year he was on pace for ~1500 and 5 TDs. He's never been someone I'm that high on and I just think Hill has WR1 upside, unless Ekeler gets alot more TDs idk if he does. His receiving really does make him fairly matchup proof which is also nice. His durability makes me wonder a little bit, he did have double digits in 6 of 9 weeks too which is solid for RB2. 

Idk, had I known how the rest of the draft would've played out maybe I would've done it differently. I cant imagine there was much more that I should've done differently. QBs and RBs went so ridiculously early and even a few backups went before I got Stafford. Because of getting 3 must-start weekly WRs, I couldn't exactly take advantage of the WRs too much and I feel like Pitts/Davis were going in that range and were the last of their group without question

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I guess thats true. last year he was on pace for ~1500 and 5 TDs. He's never been someone I'm that high on and I just think Hill has WR1 upside, unless Ekeler gets alot more TDs idk if he does. His receiving really does make him fairly matchup proof which is also nice. His durability makes me wonder a little bit, he did have double digits in 6 of 9 weeks too which is solid for RB2. 

Idk, had I known how the rest of the draft would've played out maybe I would've done it differently. I cant imagine there was much more that I should've done differently. QBs and RBs went so ridiculously early and even a few backups went before I got Stafford. Because of getting 3 must-start weekly WRs, I couldn't exactly take advantage of the WRs too much and I feel like Pitts/Davis were going in that range and were the last of their group without question

Would you move Cook + Harris for CMC + Chris Carson in this league I just drafted? 

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I cant remember is it PPR or 0.5?

0.5 Id rather have Cook-Harris and full point its really close. Carsons health might scare me off though

Full PPR. 

He managed to get the first pick in both of our leagues and he doesn't like having so much locked into one player (both leagues are sizable money leagues). He basically put CMC on the block even before making the pick lol. I know that he wanted to Harris because he and I chat during the draft and he wanted Harris or Gibson. He ended up getting Gibson after I took Harris, but I know he still likes him. I won't get him to swap gibson / harris with cmc and cook, but his rb 3 is Carson and I felt like that is reasonable. 

It would make my rb2 situation a little bit more "throw a dart" between Carson / Mostert / Hunt, but if CMC is healthy all year I'm really thinking I could end up with the better of it with smart benching decisions. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Full PPR. 

He managed to get the first pick in both of our leagues and he doesn't like having so much locked into one player (both leagues are sizable money leagues). He basically put CMC on the block even before making the pick lol. I know that he wanted to Harris because he and I chat during the draft and he wanted Harris or Gibson. He ended up getting Gibson after I took Harris, but I know he still likes him. I won't get him to swap gibson / harris with cmc and cook, but his rb 3 is Carson and I felt like that is reasonable. 

It would make my rb2 situation a little bit more "throw a dart" between Carson / Mostert / Hunt, but if CMC is healthy all year I'm really thinking I could end up with the better of it with smart benching decisions. 

Man that is really tough. I know CMC is pretty much a cheat code but Carson's durability has to play a factor because if its 12 games of him and 5 starting Moster/Hunt, thats a tough sell

• Like 1

Might as well put this out there and get some thoughts, though I think the feedback will be fairly obvious: 

12-team, Auction, 3 Keepers (based off of last year's salary), 2 QB

QB: Matt Ryan
QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick 
RB: Zeke Elliott
RB: AJ Dillon 
WR: Terry McLaurin 
WR: Allen Robinson 
TE: Travis Kelce
FLX: Chase Claypool 
FLX: Jerry Jeudy
D/ST: Broncos 

BE: Justin Fields
BE: Tony Jones Jr. 
BE: Rhamondre Stevenson
BE: Tony Pollard
BE: DeVonta Smith 
BE: Elijah Moore

IR: Cam Akers (drafted for $1, arguably the most valuable keeper / trade piece in the league)

Went into the draft having decided to go with the Hero-RB strategy. Problem is, mid-round RBs like Myles Gaskin, Josh Jacobs, Raheem Mostert, and Kareem Hunt went for ludicrous amounts due to the shortage of available RBs, which I didn't anticipate. I almost always start a draft with 2 bellcow RBs and build out from there, so this is very uncharted waters for me.  

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Starting:

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 RB/WR

1 TE

My thoughts below: 

Round 1 - Easy pick with Zeke in in a non-PPR.  Shocked he lasted that long. 

Round 2 - I love the Hill pick.  I have him above Eckler as the WR1/2 and I would rather have the top WR than the 8th RB.  I can understand both thoughts but Hill scores a lot of points and its not all just TD based. 

Round 3 - I am not as high on Robinson. I would have taken Cee Dee there and been happy.  

Round 4 - I likely would have gone Sanders here.  I know people are down on him but I think he has a very good year and is a solid RB2.  In a non-ppr league, I would lean more RB early.  Even with CeeDee on the board, I would have went Sanders just to fill the starting spot and there are so many more WRs that can score 190 points than there are RBs. 

Round 5 - I love Pitts in dynasty but still nervous he struggles in year 1.  At that point its likely worth the risk as I see him more as a WR than TE and even if he has an average year for a rookie WR, thats a pretty good year for a TE. 

Round 6 - I don't like Davis, I have been down on him just because I don't think he is a great all around back, especially in non-ppr, but he is a solid pick at this point.  They didn't like any of the backs behind him and there is no real threat to steal carries unless he is really bad and they bring back Gurley or Latavious.  

Round 7 - I like the pick.  Having a top 10 QB is big IMO. QB is underrated IMO and after the top 10 you are talking a 40-50 point gap in points scored.  I think Stafford blows up this year in McVays system. 

Late Rounds - I like the picks, as I thnk Dillon steals TDs from Jones.  He is a solid flex matchup play and if there is an injury to Jones, he has huge value.  Williams is another solid grab.  I think the Lions will run a lot this year given Goff is average and they need to keep the D on the sidelines to protect them.  I think both he and Swift finihs with flex worthy numbers most weeks and if Swift goes down which isnt unheard of, he is a for sure flex RB2 option. Waddle isn't one of my favorite upside plays just because he has other talent around and rookies don't always show out early but he has upside for sure.  Worth the risk if you don't like other upside guys like Tyrell Williams (deep threat with no competition for targets which is good for non PPR leagues) or Callaway.