2021 Fantasy Football: Rate my draft thread

Sad People

45 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Didnt realize calling Davante "Tae" was a thing lol

I'm a little worried to have Burrow as your only QB, he is currently outside my Top-12 but since QBs went early you probably didn't want to reach so I totally get that.

I dont have a problem taking Najee before Ekeler. I dont normally do PPR too much and I get the appeal of Ekeler but he just never seems to stay healthy long enough

I'm not a big Jacobs guy and to take him early R4 doesnt help although I'm higher on Davis than ADP. Love the value Rob has in PPR. 

What is the starting lineup format? Reason I ask is I think you invested too much in WR if you can only start a max of 3 whereas some of those round 7-10 WR picks should've been a RB

Barring something catastrophic, you will NEVER bench Davante Adams or Allen Robinson so you have 5 WRs to fill 1 spot every non-bye week isnt ideal but if 1 of them emerges as a legit flex every week thats great. If you have deeper starting lineups then of course having them is good because it is PPR

I think Tae Adams is his instagram name so thats where I got it could be wrong though.

Im higher on Jacobs than most Hes had like 22 tuddies and over 2k yards the past 2 seasons combined and thats not bad at all imo for a 4th round RB and also considering he was a late 1st round pick last year to me thats value, I also have to reach on players because I am at the turn.

You start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs and a TE along with 1 FLEX which could be a RB/WR/TE so basically im choosing between Hunt, Davis and all those WRs as my FLEX spot and I think thats a good problem to have. Chase and Sutton could emerge as legit WR1s this year in fantasy and wouldnt be surprised if either of them ended up in the top 10 in terms of scoring, Robby is a pretty good floor guy and a pretty good PPR option, Along with Waddle who could be a huge boom or bust type player for who can have those huge ceiling games with a relatively low floor if he doesnt have the boom type games.

Reason why I hammered WR in the middle rounds is because I invested early draft capital and a lot of it in the RB position and saw a huge drop off in talent somewhere in those middle rounds where I took a lot of those WRs, Kind of after Damien Harris is where I see a huge dip in talent, I wanted Damien in the middle rounds but was drafted before me, Was also looking to get someone like Hines but again got drafted earlier than I expected.

I like Joey B as my QB1 he could lead the league in pass yards, pass attempts and tuddies this year with how poor their defense is I can imagine they will be playing catch up a lot, The first few weeks could be rough with him coming back from injury but time will tell.

One guy in the league has CMC and Ekeler which is a scary match up in terms of PPR along with Pitts and DK and Cooper Kupp, Going up against him in week 1 so we will see. His starters slap but I like my roster as a whole a lot better than his and thats how I usually draft is going for a complete roster over drafting all my starters than filling out the bench spots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm a little worried to have Burrow as your only QB, he is currently outside my Top-12 but since QBs went early you probably didn't want to reach so I totally get that.

I dont have a problem taking Najee before Ekeler. I dont normally do PPR too much and I get the appeal of Ekeler but he just never seems to stay healthy long enough

I'm not a big Jacobs guy and to take him early R4 doesnt help although I'm higher on Davis than ADP. Love the value Rob has in PPR. 

What is the starting lineup format? Reason I ask is I think you invested too much in WR if you can only start a max of 3 whereas some of those round 7-10 WR picks should've been a RB

Barring something catastrophic, you will NEVER bench Davante Adams or Allen Robinson so you have 5 WRs to fill 1 spot every non-bye week isnt ideal but if 1 of them emerges as a legit flex every week thats great. If you have deeper starting lineups then of course having them is good because it is PPR

I second most of these thoughts except the Jacobs/Davis and the midround points.  I am lower on Davis than ADP.  He sucks in pass pro and ATL doesnt have the system designed to give their RBs 90 targets so I don't expect Davis to match expectations.  In the 6th its palatable given he doesnt have much competition but I would bet they sign someone or one of the backups takes a more pronounced role than expected. 

And the opposite for Jacobs.  I think he still has a very productive year and outperforms his draft slot now that he is being slept on.  Last year, Devonte Booker, Jalen Ricard and Theo Riddick had 120 carries, 4 TDs and 50 targets between them.  I expect most of those to go to Drake but Jacobs likely wont see a reduction in touches or TD opportunities. He was a top 8 RB last year and likely will stay top 12-15 with some TD regression (was 12 as a rookie with only 7TDs and 20 rec).  He is rated as the #21 RB in PPR formats so I think anyone that gets him in the 4th is getting a deal.  

I also wonder the format but if you can only start 2 RBs and 3 WRs with flex options, I am guessing the WRs will outscore the RBs in that range.  He also went with 3 straight RBs from 4-6 so he has 4 worth RBs to play between RB/Flex.  If injuries happen, he still would likely have 2 solid options and plenty of good WRs to play matchups.  I thin the better strategy would have been to go QB earlier, and maybe even grab another QB instead of Gio to make sure you can play matchups if Burrow doesn't pan out.  

Another note, I might also grab a stash high potential TE.  If Gesicki or Kmet, or Jarwin are free agents, I like their upside more than Ahmed/Gio and think Higbee is still a risk.

I might also try and package some WRs/RBs to upgrade RB2/3 or WR3 given the format with only 1 flex.  Maybe not right away but if someone loses a RB1 early, jump in and offer them a Hunt/Davis/Depth WR for their RB2.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I second most of these thoughts except the Jacobs/Davis and the midround points.  I am lower on Davis than ADP.  He sucks in pass pro and ATL doesnt have the system designed to give their RBs 90 targets so I don't expect Davis to match expectations.  In the 6th its palatable given he doesnt have much competition but I would bet they sign someone or one of the backups takes a more pronounced role than expected. 

His ADP in Non-PPR is even round 7, that's worth a swing to me just given they have nothing behind him. Until they sign someone I'm just going to assume they dont because we could say the same thing about a ton of RBs

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

His ADP in Non-PPR is even round 7, that's worth a swing to me just given they have nothing behind him. Until they sign someone I'm just going to assume they dont because we could say the same thing about a ton of RBs

Agreed, I just don't love him at all there in a pass first offense that saw their top RB get 40 targets last year.  Davis' value is catching the ball.  His inability to run consistently and block for his QB will lose him snaps. I agree ADP in the 7th is worth a swing, but I expect him to finish outside the top 24 RBs so if there are others close, I would lean that way, even upside guys like Williams and Carter who I think improve workload throughout the year opposed to Davis who I feel will be almost useless come playoff time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Agreed, I just don't love him at all there in a pass first offense that saw their top RB get 40 targets last year.  Davis' value is catching the ball.  His inability to run consistently and block for his QB will lose him snaps. I agree ADP in the 7th is worth a swing, but I expect him to finish outside the top 24 RBs so if there are others close, I would lean that way, even upside guys like Williams and Carter who I think improve workload throughout the year opposed to Davis who I feel will be almost useless come playoff time. 

I do sort of agree with the bolded statement But there isnt a lot of talent behind Davis with Quadree Allison and a UDFA (forgetting his name) being the other RBs behind him, Id guess his floor this year in the ATL offense in terms of targets is what he got last year in Carolina. He had 70 targets last year and I could easily see him getting atleast 70 receptions this year.

Id argue what Arthur Smith wants to do with Mike Davis and King Henry to be vastly different Davis strong suit as you mentioned before is his pass catching ability unlike Henry whos best skill set is destroying men running the rock, imo He would of been a fool to give Henry 70 plus targets in the passing game when thats not his strong suit.

Id also argue that a 2021 Mike Davis is a lot more talented than a shell of his former self Todd Gurley in 2020

21 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The playoff comment is definitely worth noting. I tend to find myself drafting a handful of high upside rookie RBs that I'm hoping will get increased work as the season goes on so maybe if Davis tapers off at the end they will fill that role for sure. 

I think Davis and Michael Carter would be a very good combo to create a solid #2 RB for a season

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I do sort of agree with the bolded statement But there isnt a lot of talent behind Davis with Quadree Allison and a UDFA (forgetting his name) being the other RBs behind him, Id guess his floor this year in the ATL offense in terms of targets is what he got last year in Carolina. He had 70 targets last year and I could easily see him getting atleast 70 receptions this year.

Id argue what Arthur Smith wants to do with Mike Davis and King Henry to be vastly different Davis strong suit as you mentioned before is his pass catching ability unlike Henry whos best skill set is destroying men running the rock, imo He would of been a fool to give Henry 70 plus targets in the passing game when thats not his strong suit.

Id also argue that a 2021 Mike Davis is a lot more talented than a shell of his former self Todd Gurley in 2020

I'm not sure on the talent between Davis and Gurley tbh.  As a runner and blocker, I'd still rather have Gurley.  As a pass catcher Davis far surpasses him but again, its coaching style, QB style, and other options in the passing game.  I know ATL lost Julio, but that is replaced by Pitts.  I think Henry still has a solid year at TE because Pitts will be out wide a lot like Julio was.  There just aren't as many balls to go to the RB and Matt Ryan has never been a QB that dumps it off much.  I think RB is a weak suit for that team, and they will coach accordingly.  They will have an offense resembling the Lions of previous years with multiple RBs that are ok and don't produce much fantasy wise and then a couple WRs and TEs that have good value.  I just don't trust him, but again, where you drafted him, its probably worth the risk given the lack of talent behind him but I wouldn't be shocked if Allison or Hawkins take over at least 50% of te snaps and then Davis isn't anything more than a poor flex option. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The playoff comment is definitely worth noting. I tend to find myself drafting a handful of high upside rookie RBs that I'm hoping will get increased work as the season goes on so maybe if Davis tapers off at the end they will fill that role for sure. 

I think Davis and Michael Carter would be a very good combo to create a solid #2 RB for a season

I like Williams more to gain value throughout the year, just because I like the offense better but I agree, either one with Davis should be a good year of production.  Also could throw Sermon in that mix too.  

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I like Williams more to gain value throughout the year, just because I like the offense better but I agree, either one with Davis should be a good year of production.  Also could throw Sermon in that mix too.  

I love Williams more than Carter but Williams is going 40 spots or so earlier so it all depends on how it shakes out. Not sure id draft Javonte before his ~64 ADP but Carter at 110, id take a round before that for sure just because its worth the risk. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

A good percentage of the league has "tae" in their name. That's just stupid LOL

• Like 2

Had our draft last night. 10 team, 0.5 ppr, 2nd overall pick. Actually feel pretty good about it overall, though my RB situation feels very tenouous. Have mixed feelings about having both Brown and Jones, but I think that offense definitely has the potential to blow up though and in the short-term any week Julio is injured could just mean more targets for Brown.

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: Dalvin Cook
RB: JK Dobbins
WR: Calvin Ridley
WR: AJ Brown
TE: TJ Hockenson
FLEX: Julio Jones
D/ST: San Francisco 
K: Younghoe Koo

Bench:
Chase Edmonds
Chase Claypool
Will Fuller 
Michael Carter
Alexander Mattison

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Had our draft last night. 10 team, 0.5 ppr, 2nd overall pick. Actually feel pretty good about it overall, though my RB situation feels very tenouous. Have mixed feelings about having both Brown and Jones, but I think that offense definitely has the potential to blow up though and in the short-term any week Julio is injured could just mean more targets for Brown.

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: Dalvin Cook
RB: JK Dobbins
WR: Calvin Ridley
WR: AJ Brown
TE: TJ Hockenson
FLEX: Julio Jones
D/ST: San Francisco 
K: Younghoe Koo

Bench:
Chase Edmonds
Chase Claypool
Will Fuller 
Michael Carter
Alexander Mattison

I like that team but as you said having both AJ and Julio on your team can limit your upside on a weekly basis but maybe If Julio pops off week 1 try and package him and someone else for an upgrade at another position. What round did you get TJ in?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I like that team but as you said having both AJ and Julio on your team can limit your upside on a weekly basis but maybe If Julio pops off week 1 try and package him and someone else for an upgrade at another position. What round did you get TJ in?

Got Hockenson at the beginning of the 6th round, had my choice of him and Andrews basically. Not insane value or anything but of the non elite TE's I think he has the best combo of talent and opportunity to take a leap. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Got Hockenson at the beginning of the 6th round, had my choice of him and Andrews basically. Not insane value or anything but of the non elite TE's I think he has the best combo of talent and opportunity to take a leap. 

I agree that TJ is a prime candidate to make the jump this year in terms of fantasy atleast.