2021 Fantasy Football: Rate my draft thread

Sad People

7 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

12 Team full PPR. I got CMC at 2( Henry went 1) and Hock in the 7th.

QB-Lance,Cousins

RB-CMC,J. Robinson, Mike Davis, AJ Dillon, Sermon

WR- McLaurin,Lockett,Godwin,Pittman Jr.Mooney

TE-Hockenson

Very nice team for a 12 team PPR

47 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Just got done with this league not really a fan of my team tbh at all, number in ( ) the round I got the player in 10 man, PPR league you start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR and a FLEX along with D/ST and K, This draft really threw me off for some reason some people took 4 QBs, 3+ TEs, 2+ D/ST and just couldnt get a feel for it really weird drafting imo, Also didnt realize it was a 3 WR and a FLEX league until over half way through the draft otherwise I wouldnt of taken Lamar Jackson where  I did.

QB Lamar Jackson (6)

RB DC33 (1), MIke Davis (5), Javonte Williams (7), M. Carter (8), Hines (12), Bernard (13), K. Gainwell (16), Coleman (18), X. Jones (19)

WR D-Hop (2), K. Allen (3), M. Evans (4), Shenault (9), C. Samuel (10), Pittman (11), B. Edwards (17)

TE Kmet (15)

K Butker (14)

D/ST Vikings (20)

Lemme know your thoughts

WR isn't bad. Might need more depth. You're going to be waiting awhile for some of your RBs to mature. If you hit any early injuries it could be rough sledding.

23 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

WR isn't bad. Might need more depth. You're going to be waiting awhile for some of your RBs to mature. If you hit any early injuries it could be rough sledding.

For now I feel fine with DC33 Mike Davis and Tevin COleman, It seems like Tevin Coleman is the starter out there for now and I will take that as a 18th round RB but I agree it looks rough and Mike Davis is not guarantee he will last the year either, Thats why I wish I would of taken another positional player in round 6 to solidify my FLEX spot but it is what it is now. I like Viska a little more now than Eitienne is done for the year and I think he will end up being TLaws security blanket this year.

So just completed a 12 team 2QB (superflex actually), 0.5 PPR

Strange draft, not how I planned for it to go....  I deviated from my original QB plan, hence why I have 4 QBs, and only 1 guaranteed starter... Plan is for the rest of the team to carry me and hope that Lance hits earlier than later.  

QB: Trey Lance/Jimmy G (Jimmy G going to waivers once Lance is starting) (5/16)

QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick (9)

RB: Derrick Henry (1)

RB: Jonathan Taylor (2)

WR: Robert Woods (4)

WR: Tee Higgins (6)

TE: Darren Waller (3)

Flex: ? (likely Sermon or Pittman if Golladay is out)

DEF: SF (15)

K: Jason Sanders (16)

Bench:

RB: Trey Sermon (7), Latavius Murray (11)

WR: Kenny Golladay (8), Michael Thomas (will free up a slot once moved to IR)(10), Michael Pittman (13)

QB: Jimmy G (will be dropped in a couple of weeks), Deshaun Watson (12)

Once I waivers are done, I plan on moving Thomas to IR and getting another RB dart throw like Rhamondre Stevenson, Devontae Booker etc. 

Edited by 101Raider

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

First off, wow I think you absolutely killed it. AJ Brown at 35? Allen Robinson at 38? Tee Higgins at 86? Javonte Williams outside the Top-10?

Aaron Jones & Jonathan Taylor are a great 1-2 punch. Taylor has less value in PPR but the fact you got him there is great. Considering it sounds like 3 QBs went Round 1, you did very well getting Dak where you did. 

I'm not a Sanders guy but at pick 59 that just feels like value and he's your RB3 and might not even be a flex later on

My only real curiousity/complaint is why the heck did you take Higbee at 83? Who went picks 84 and 85? I would've taken Higgins WAY earlier than Higbee(Javonte Williams as well FWIW). Cant hate the value of those 2, you still got them but I just dont see the point in taking any TE there unless its a Top-6 guy. Its not even that I hate Higbee, I see the appeal, its just the value doesnt add up to me.

Overall to be conservative:

1 Top-8 QB

2 Top-12 RBs and another Top-24

2 Top-12 WR and another Top-30

1 Top-12 TE

To me thats an incredible 12-team draft.

The fact you have 6 Top-30 players at their position(and likely only start 5) means you did VERY well because not everyone will have 2 Top-12 RBs and 2 Top-12 WRs, there just aren't enough to go around plus you have no clue what Javonte Williams might be. Could be a full-on time share or he could be the guy halfway thru the season. I also love the lotto ticket play of Lance

Thanks my guy! Being able to land some of those players where I did is probably mainly due to incompetence of quite a few players in my league. Some really strange early selections. Tannehill went in R2 to the same guy who drafted Akers….clearly doesn’t know what he’s doing.

As for the TE this is probably a lack of experience on my part. I saw people taking TEs and panicked. Looks like I got away with it though 

thanks again :)

12 team half-PPR, had the 11th pick which was rough this year but fortunately 1 of the top 9 RBs fell. Meh, very safe team w/ those pass catchers but will need to find a real gem on the waiver wire.

QB- Tannehill

RB- Taylor (1)

RB- Gus Edwards (6)

WR- Mike Evans (3)

WR- Robert Woods (4)

TE- TJ Hockenson (5)

Flex- Travis Kelce (2)

D- Steelers

K- N/A (will pick up before week 1)

Bench: Golladay, Zack Moss, Laviska, Giovanni Bernard, Gurley, Sterling Shepard, Gabriel Davis, Jameis

Yahoo interestingly gave me an A despite no kicker and Gus still being ranked in the 80s at the time, the highest grade given, but only projected the 6th best finish. As I understand, they basically were commending me for building a respectable team with such a lousy pick lol. 

Hock is more or less trade bait, I really liked his value there with TE so thin and the ensuing TE fall off after him, if he can give me a few good weeks early I could swap him for a QB as some teams took 2 QBs before they even had their flex. Ridiculous. Dak + Allen and Murray + Rodgers are on same team. No idea why. League usually sticks pretty close to chalk. I'll be eyeing Murray and Allen for Hock as they are playing garbage TEs (Jarwin and Engram).

Only real disappointment was not getting more young RBs w/ high upside. Javonte, Sermon and Carter just barley slipped away. 

Just a reminder it helps if you post one of your drafts asking for feedback to do the same for the poster above you or the last poster who’s team hasn’t gotten any feedback otherwise it’s the same 2-3 people giving feedback on people’s drafts. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

12 Team PPR

QB: Josh Allen, Justin Fields

RB: CMC, Myles Gaskin, T.Sermon, L.Fournette, 

WR: Justin Jefferon, Ceedee Lamb, Jeury Juedy, Marquis Brown, Mike Williams (LAC)

TE: Tyler Higbee, C. Kmet, Z. Ertz

Defense : Patriots

K: H. Butler

I love it personally. Could be better with depth behind CMC, especially in PPR, but your WR's are fantastic at the top of the depth chart. Guessing you took Allen and Gaskin at the 2nd turn you had? If Sermon comes on late, then I think its a top 3-4 team

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

10th pick in 10-man .5ppr league

QB: J. Herbert

WR: T. McLaurin

WR: C. Godwin

RB: S. Barkley

RB: N. Harris

TE: G. Kittle

FLEX: D.J. Moore

Bench: T. Sermon, J. Williams, D. Smith, D. Mooney, K. Gainwell, R. Stevenson

People in this league are such vultures for RB's, so they go early and often

I would be pretty happy with that draft, Im really high on both Najee and Barkely, I think Barkley could be a potential league winner this year, Your RB depth is a little iffy but Williams and Sermon help that out a bit, Also like the Gainwell pick as Hes a sleeper of mine in .5/ full point PPR leagues.

Like your WRs Scorin McLaurin is a lower end WR1 but will still eat and should eat with Fitz under center, Also like Godwin in .5 or PPR leagues as well, Mooney and Smith are both potential boom players this year Im not as high on Mooney but I know a lot of people in the industry are and if you look at his tape he was always open last year people just couldnt get him the ball and is also should be the number 2 in targets for the Bears, Smith is a good get who should be the number 1 on his team and could easily see 150 targets this year if he stays healthy. DJ Moore is another good PPR guy and is a good flex.

I dont need to say much about Kittle

22 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

12 Team PPR

QB: Josh Allen, Justin Fields

RB: CMC, Myles Gaskin, T.Sermon, L.Fournette, 

WR: Justin Jefferon, Ceedee Lamb, Jeury Juedy, Marquis Brown, Mike Williams (LAC)

TE: Tyler Higbee, C. Kmet, Z. Ertz

Defense : Patriots

K: H. Butler

I like your team but I were you I wouldnt roster 2 QBs with Josh Allen as my starting QB, Also wouldnt roster 3 TEs Id roll with Higbee and call it a day but thats just me and how I like to construct my team I rather have the extra depth at the skill positions ie WRs and RBs but again thats just me. Your lack of depth shows to me with the 2 QBs and 3 TEs taken

RB depth is a little iffy if Gaskin gets hurt you will be hurting But you cant really play what if injury card and worry about that if and when the time comes.

I like your WRs and think CeeDee Sweet feet (Justin Jefferson), and Judge Juedy is a good trio of WRs with the boom or bust type player in Hollywood Brown

Maybe try and package Fields a TE and someone else for an upgrade at RB2 or added depth at the RB position.

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

12 team half-PPR, had the 11th pick which was rough this year but fortunately 1 of the top 9 RBs fell. Meh, very safe team w/ those pass catchers but will need to find a real gem on the waiver wire.

QB- Tannehill

RB- Taylor (1)

RB- Gus Edwards (6)

WR- Mike Evans (3)

WR- Robert Woods (4)

TE- TJ Hockenson (5)

Flex- Travis Kelce (2)

D- Steelers

K- N/A (will pick up before week 1)

Bench: Golladay, Zack Moss, Laviska, Giovanni Bernard, Gurley, Sterling Shepard, Gabriel Davis, Jameis

Yahoo interestingly gave me an A despite no kicker and Gus still being ranked in the 80s at the time, the highest grade given, but only projected the 6th best finish. As I understand, they basically were commending me for building a respectable team with such a lousy pick lol. 

Hock is more or less trade bait, I really liked his value there with TE so thin and the ensuing TE fall off after him, if he can give me a few good weeks early I could swap him for a QB as some teams took 2 QBs before they even had their flex. Ridiculous. Dak + Allen and Murray + Rodgers are on same team. No idea why. League usually sticks pretty close to chalk. I'll be eyeing Murray and Allen for Hock as they are playing garbage TEs (Jarwin and Engram).

Only real disappointment was not getting more young RBs w/ high upside. Javonte, Sermon and Carter just barley slipped away. 

I really dont mid your team considering you took 2 TEs something I would have a hard time doing but either Kelce or Hock as a flex every week aint bad, I like Gus Edwars as a RB2 with low end RB1 upside, Love Mike Evans and Bobby Trees (Robert Woods) in .5 PPR leagues

Not too sure why Gurley is rostered but youre probably predicting he gets picked up by the Ravens or another squad.

I like Viska a lot more now that Etienne is done for the year and think he will be TLaws favorite/ security blanket target, Also a fan of Gio in .5 or PPR leagues I think hes getting severely overlooked and could be a good get especially at his current ADP

Not a fan of Kenny G at all Id take Shepard over him especially at his current ADP thats just me and my opinion, Maybe try and package Kenny G and a TE for added depth at the WR or RB postions, Maybe try and upgrade your RB2 spot with having Gus as your weekly FLEX.

• Like 1

14-team, new dynasty startup (4 keepers, but 4 keepers are mandatory and carry over at their auction/FAAB cast +$5 each year and salary cap stays at $200 in the draft)
.5pt PPR

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Davante Adams
WR: Ceedee Lamb
RB: Darrell Henderson
RB: Raheem Mostert
TE: Tyler Higbee
FLEX: Tyler Lockett
D/ST: Browns
K: Younghoe Koo

BN: Corey Davis
BN: Michael Thomas (going straight to IR so I can pick up someone else, but I got him at good keeper value speculatively)
BN: Trey Sermon (got at solid keeper value for a RB in a proven run-heavy offense)
BN: Giovanni Bernard

Because it's a new startup I went in with a designed 0 RB strategy - I was aiming to make sure I got 2 clear-cut high-ceiling WR1's and was aiming to pair a Y1 or Y2 RB in run-heavy offenses and the veteran ahead of them (basically had the San Fran, Denver, and Jets - in a distant third - down in pen).  The aim was to give myself the kind of flexibility that if/when Sermon (in this case) becomes "the guy" that if I want to I can't offer up one of my starting WR's to a RB-heavy team searching for more WR production.  Rodgers was also cheap keeper value for a QB (particularly one who is the reigning MVP and set to be traded somewhere next season, so we'll see where he ends up then).

Gio is a pure PPR flier to see if he can claim that James White role with Brady.  As soon as I had Adams I started nominating every QB not named Rodgers I could to fill rosters with starting QB's in hopes of getting the stack.  With 2 IR spots, I may grab Irv Smith who is IR-eligible Wk 1 first and then go get a guy like Parris Campbell (Wentz and his obession with slot guys has me intrigued to see how things go Wk 1 since I don't expect TY Hilton back anytime soon),  Could pick up Tevin Coleman too, but I don't feel that desperate.

Edited by Dr LBC