2021 Fantasy Football: Rate my draft thread

Sad People

12 team, PPR, 8th pick - got stuck in a really bad spot w RBs and I couldn't pass on Kelce coming back in the second. 

QB - Matt Ryan (11), Jameis Winston (12)

RB - Darrell Henderson (4), Mike Davis (5), David Johnson (8), Ronald Jones (9)

WR - Tyreek Hill (1), Justin Jefferson (3), Kenny Golladay (6), Michael Thomas (7), Jarvis Landry (10)

TE - Travis Kelce (2), Jared Cook (13)

DEF - Cleveland (14)

18 hours ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

I love it personally. Could be better with depth behind CMC, especially in PPR, but your WR's are fantastic at the top of the depth chart. Guessing you took Allen and Gaskin at the 2nd turn you had? If Sermon comes on late, then I think its a top 3-4 team

I had #1 overall. and youre spot on.

Yeah only thing I'm worried about it TE tbh. I'm used to winning my leagues with no  true RB1. I usually overwhelm with high end WRS and TEs and find a RB that gets injured early and turns up (Last year it was Nick Chubb, scooped him up 4 weeks before his return. Miles Sanders was my main RB, Also Kareem Hunt off waivers)

I usually have top 5 TE (Last year I pickd Jonnu Smith in the 9th and Tonyan in week 2 off FA). I'm hoping Higbee snaps

16 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I like your team but I were you I wouldnt roster 2 QBs with Josh Allen as my starting QB, Also wouldnt roster 3 TEs Id roll with Higbee and call it a day but thats just me and how I like to construct my team I rather have the extra depth at the skill positions ie WRs and RBs but again thats just me. Your lack of depth shows to me with the 2 QBs and 3 TEs taken

RB depth is a little iffy if Gaskin gets hurt you will be hurting But you cant really play what if injury card and worry about that if and when the time comes.

I like your WRs and think CeeDee Sweet feey (Justin Jefferson), and Judge Juedy is a good trio of WRs with the boom or bust type player in Hollywood Brown

Maybe try and package Fields a TE and someone else for an upgrade at RB2 or added depth at the RB position.

I was thinking that about QB. But I'm high on Fields and I want to see If I can trade him for a good RB/TE later on in the season. 

I did the same with Herbert last year.

• Like 1

12-team 0.5 PPR, 11th pick.

I went big and took a risk on Michael Thomas in the 7th round. I also had no idea Irv Smith may be out for the year. Do I stick with him or drop him for Jared Cook, Zach Ertz, or OJ Howard?

QB: Kyler Murray

RB: Aaron Jones

RB: Najee Harris

WR: Allen Robinson

WR: Laviska Shenault

TE: Kyle Pitts

FLEX: Chris Carson

FLEX: Curtis Samuel

D/ST: Buccaneers

K: Brandon McManus

*BENCH: Michael Thomas

BENCH: Cole Beasley

*BENCH: T.Y. Hilton

*BENCH: Irv Smith Jr.

BENCH: Ben Roethlisberger

BENCH: Darrynton Evans

Edited by Tyronnosaurus

12 Team auction draft.  Side note, one player wasn't there, so it drove up prices early until he spent a bunch of money.  He ended up with Kelce and Kittle so I may try to trade for one of them using my depth.  2 other teams drafted 2 top QBs (one with Mahomes and Kyler, the other with Rodgers and Lamar).  I definitely punted QB too much and tried to get back in on guys like Tannehill but they went for too much for what I had remaining.  I put Lawrence up early thinking others would bid on him and got him for $1 so unfortunately that messed with my mentality on grabbing the 3-8 QBs when they were going for $20+.   I am thinking about dropping one of the QBs for Cousins or someone like that who is at least established a little but not sure it will lead to more fantasy points, but I hate depending on rookie QBs. Its a half point PPR, QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, LB, LB, DL, DB. 

QB - Trevor Lawrence ($1), Mac Jones ($1)
RB - Miles Sanders ($28), David Montgomery ($35), Kareem Hunt ($11), Mike Davis ($24), Rhamondre Stevenson ($1)
WR - Calvin Ridley ($48), Mike Evans ($25), Jerry Jeudy ($12), Deebo Samuel ($5), Jarvis Landry ($4), Curtis Samuel ($2)
TE - TJ Hockenson ($12), Tyler Higbee ($3)
LB - Fred Warner ($2), Ken Murray Jr ($1)
DL - Nick Bosa ($2), Chase Young ($4)
DB - Khari Willis ($1)

I don't usually spend more than $1 on defense but had a few extra dollars at the end so went $2 on a  couple.  I like my depth RB but not a fan of my starters.  I think they will be ok, and according to others in their range I feel like I got a good deal (James Robinson went for 46, Josh Jacobs went for 30, Chris Carson went for 29, Chase Edmonds went for 20, Gaskins went for 25).  There are definitely teams with better top end talent but they really are lacking in other areas.  I feel like I have a solid starting group and can play matchups for Flex/RB/WR comfortably.  Its just the QB that scares me most. 

On 8/29/2021 at 8:20 PM, mattyice0401 said:

Just got done with this league not really a fan of my team tbh at all, number in ( ) the round I got the player in 10 man, PPR league you start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR and a FLEX along with D/ST and K, This draft really threw me off for some reason some people took 4 QBs, 3+ TEs, 2+ D/ST and just couldnt get a feel for it really weird drafting imo, Also didnt realize it was a 3 WR and a FLEX league until over half way through the draft otherwise I wouldnt of taken Lamar Jackson where  I did.

QB Lamar Jackson (6)

RB DC33 (1), MIke Davis (5), Javonte Williams (7), M. Carter (8), Hines (12), Bernard (13), K. Gainwell (16), Coleman (18), X. Jones (19)

WR D-Hop (2), K. Allen (3), M. Evans (4), Shenault (9), C. Samuel (10), Pittman (11), B. Edwards (17)

TE Kmet (15)

K Butker (14)

D/ST Vikings (20)

Lemme know your thoughts

I'm not a big fan. Definitely curious how the first round went. I'm assuming you're picking 10th but even still I feel like your 1-2 could've been better. Allen is a PPR monster, Evans is not especially if you got him early round 4 in a 10 team league. I love alot of the later round picks: Pittman, Edwards, the RBs all have solid PPR floors. If 1 of the rookie RBs or Mike Davis provide solid RB2 production that'll go a long way. Kmet I just dont have as a Top-15 TE so the fact you have him as your lone TE is unfortunate but like you said some teams took 3 TEs. Really sucks about the league format issue mid-draft as well. Keenan Allen end of Round 3 is by far my favorite pick

On 8/29/2021 at 8:58 PM, twslhs20 said:

12 Team full PPR. I got CMC at 2( Henry went 1) and Hock in the 7th.

QB-Lance,Cousins

RB-CMC,J. Robinson, Mike Davis, AJ Dillon, Sermon

WR- McLaurin,Lockett,Godwin,Pittman Jr.Mooney

TE-Hockenson

CMC at #2 in a PPR league is absurd. In Non-PPR I guess you could make a case for Henry...not a great one but a case could be made. I worry about Carlos Hyde cutting into JRob's role just because its Urban Meyer...not that I think Hyde is good. Rob & Davis should provide solid RB2 production and possible flex

McLaurin is a stud, Id hope Lockett will be more consistent in this new system and Godwin is at least better than Evans in PPR but I find myself staying away from them both. Pittman, Mooney, Dillon and Sermon all have good upside

I see what you did with the QB position, easy schedule for Cousins while you figure out Lance's starting role. Not a bad strategy there

On 8/29/2021 at 11:01 PM, 101Raider said:

So just completed a 12 team 2QB (superflex actually), 0.5 PPR

Strange draft, not how I planned for it to go....  I deviated from my original QB plan, hence why I have 4 QBs, and only 1 guaranteed starter... Plan is for the rest of the team to carry me and hope that Lance hits earlier than later.  

QB: Trey Lance/Jimmy G (Jimmy G going to waivers once Lance is starting) (5/16)

QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick (9)

RB: Derrick Henry (1)

RB: Jonathan Taylor (2)

WR: Robert Woods (4)

WR: Tee Higgins (6)

TE: Darren Waller (3)

Flex: ? (likely Sermon or Pittman if Golladay is out)

DEF: SF (15)

K: Jason Sanders (16)

Bench:

RB: Trey Sermon (7), Latavius Murray (11)

WR: Kenny Golladay (8), Michael Thomas (will free up a slot once moved to IR)(10), Michael Pittman (13)

QB: Jimmy G (will be dropped in a couple of weeks), Deshaun Watson (12)

Once I waivers are done, I plan on moving Thomas to IR and getting another RB dart throw like Rhamondre Stevenson, Devontae Booker etc. 

Interesting that you waited so long for QB in a super flex. The rest of your starting lineup is awesome but I am definitely concerned about QB until Lance starts and even then Fitz as a #2 when you're already dropping Jimmy G and could be the same with Watson too makes me wonder who the heck is left on waivers. Would've rather had a 3rd QB that will play this year. Like the play of Thomas in round 10 as well, worth a shot

On 8/30/2021 at 4:32 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

12 team half-PPR, had the 11th pick which was rough this year but fortunately 1 of the top 9 RBs fell. Meh, very safe team w/ those pass catchers but will need to find a real gem on the waiver wire.

QB- Tannehill

RB- Taylor (1)

RB- Gus Edwards (6)

WR- Mike Evans (3)

WR- Robert Woods (4)

TE- TJ Hockenson (5)

Flex- Travis Kelce (2)

D- Steelers

K- N/A (will pick up before week 1)

Bench: Golladay, Zack Moss, Laviska, Giovanni Bernard, Gurley, Sterling Shepard, Gabriel Davis, Jameis

Taylor-Kelce is a good start to me, I might've even considered Kelce over Taylor so either way 1 is a really good value. Even end of R3, I'm not an Evans guy when catches matter, I love Woods more than Evans in 0.5PPR. Hockensen end of R5 is right in line I think. Edwards R6 even in 0.5PPR feels like good value if he gets 60-70% of the carries and some GL work. Love Tannehill and Jameis is an interesting backup. Not a big fan of the bench but I do like Viska and Davis. Is Gurley even on a team yet? And if he is, is he worth rostering?

On 8/30/2021 at 12:09 PM, GHARMON9 said:

12 Team PPR

QB: Josh Allen, Justin Fields

RB: CMC, Myles Gaskin, T.Sermon, L.Fournette, 

WR: Justin Jefferon, Ceedee Lamb, Jeury Juedy, Marquis Brown, Mike Williams (LAC)

TE: Tyler Higbee, C. Kmet, Z. Ertz

Defense : Patriots

K: H. Butler

CMC-Jefferson-Lamb is an awesome start, throw in Josh Allen who should be Top-3 again and a potential trade piece of Fields that you can afford to wait for him to kill it(if he does) is great. Im a big Jeudy believer too. You're hoping that Gaskin is the guy and Miami uses him like they did last year when he was healthy and if he gets banged up hopefully Sermon is getting more involved. I'm not a Marquise guy but I like Williams. Higbee is your starter, not sure you need 3 TEs especially since you have just 4 RBs. Not sure what the starting format is but id consider dropping 1 TE and maybe Marquise for some RB lotto tickets just because JJ-Lamb-Jeudy are practically must-starts most weeks but RB2 might need to wait and see what you have 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 4:00 PM, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

10th pick in 10-man .5ppr league

QB: J. Herbert

WR: T. McLaurin

WR: C. Godwin

RB: S. Barkley

RB: N. Harris

TE: G. Kittle

FLEX: D.J. Moore

Bench: T. Sermon, J. Williams, D. Smith, D. Mooney, K. Gainwell, R. Stevenson

People in this league are such vultures for RB's, so they go early and often

Is J Williams Javonte or Jamaal? Either way I like them, guessing its Javonte since you put him before Davonte Smith? Im not a big Godwin guy but I like the first 4 so you probably got value there still. Like the bench alot. If Barkley stays healthy and Herbert doesnt regress much this could be a winner

On 8/31/2021 at 1:18 AM, Dr LBC said:

14-team, new dynasty startup (4 keepers, but 4 keepers are mandatory and carry over at their auction/FAAB cast +$5 each year and salary cap stays at $200 in the draft)
.5pt PPR

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Davante Adams
WR: Ceedee Lamb
RB: Darrell Henderson
RB: Raheem Mostert
TE: Tyler Higbee
FLEX: Tyler Lockett
D/ST: Browns
K: Younghoe Koo

BN: Corey Davis
BN: Michael Thomas (going straight to IR so I can pick up someone else, but I got him at good keeper value speculatively)
BN: Trey Sermon (got at solid keeper value for a RB in a proven run-heavy offense)
BN: Giovanni Bernard

Because it's a new startup I went in with a designed 0 RB strategy - I was aiming to make sure I got 2 clear-cut high-ceiling WR1's and was aiming to pair a Y1 or Y2 RB in run-heavy offenses and the veteran ahead of them (basically had the San Fran, Denver, and Jets - in a distant third - down in pen).  The aim was to give myself the kind of flexibility that if/when Sermon (in this case) becomes "the guy" that if I want to I can't offer up one of my starting WR's to a RB-heavy team searching for more WR production.  Rodgers was also cheap keeper value for a QB (particularly one who is the reigning MVP and set to be traded somewhere next season, so we'll see where he ends up then).

Gio is a pure PPR flier to see if he can claim that James White role with Brady.  As soon as I had Adams I started nominating every QB not named Rodgers I could to fill rosters with starting QB's in hopes of getting the stack.  With 2 IR spots, I may grab Irv Smith who is IR-eligible Wk 1 first and then go get a guy like Parris Campbell (Wentz and his obession with slot guys has me intrigued to see how things go Wk 1 since I don't expect TY Hilton back anytime soon),  Could pick up Tevin Coleman too, but I don't feel that desperate.

So did these players cost $, what were there values?

I have no problem with a 0 RB startup format but I feel like you'd rather have a younger WR with a lot more keeper value compared to Adams but at the $5 per year increase maybe they eventually become too costly.

23 hours ago, Scalamania said:

12 team, PPR, 8th pick - got stuck in a really bad spot w RBs and I couldn't pass on Kelce coming back in the second. 

QB - Matt Ryan (11), Jameis Winston (12)

RB - Darrell Henderson (4), Mike Davis (5), David Johnson (8), Ronald Jones (9)

WR - Tyreek Hill (1), Justin Jefferson (3), Kenny Golladay (6), Michael Thomas (7), Jarvis Landry (10)

TE - Travis Kelce (2), Jared Cook (13)

DEF - Cleveland (14)

Darrell Henderson in R4 is a massive reach now with Michel there and their roles being muddied. Mike Davis is someone I find myself getting alot of. David Johnson I avoid like the plague. Ronald Jones, if he can establish himself as the RB1 and keep LF off the field, could be a steal but you never know when its his week.

Tyreek-JJ-Kelce are a good start, not sure you needed to go Hill at Pick 8 though which explains your RB situation. Kelce in the middle of round 2 in a full PPR format is highway robbery. I'm not a Golladay guy at all, MT round 7 feels early if he's missing 5 weeks already. Cook is sort of a waste because he'll never play and I dont see the upside that makes him worth trading for. Overall I like the first 3 picks and Davis but I wonder what RBs you passed on in Round 1

25 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

CMC-Jefferson-Lamb is an awesome start, throw in Josh Allen who should be Top-3 again and a potential trade piece of Fields that you can afford to wait for him to kill it(if he does) is great. Im a big Jeudy believer too. You're hoping that Gaskin is the guy and Miami uses him like they did last year when he was healthy and if he gets banged up hopefully Sermon is getting more involved. I'm not a Marquise guy but I like Williams. Higbee is your starter, not sure you need 3 TEs especially since you have just 4 RBs. Not sure what the starting format is but id consider dropping 1 TE and maybe Marquise for some RB lotto tickets just because JJ-Lamb-Jeudy are practically must-starts most weeks but RB2 might need to wait and see what you have 

Facts to all this. 

I dropped Kmet for C.Hubbard as insurance for CMC.