IDEAL COACH

Dionysus

55 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I think I'm about ready to hitch my wagon to Matt Nagy as the top candidate that I want. I mentioned last week that I loved how he called the game against the Chargers, and I just really feel like that system that they run in KC is the perfect system for Marcus and it's pretty much the exact offense I've been craving for Marcus since we drafted him. They can spread things out with the quick passing game while also getting into the heavy power run formations whenever they want. There's a ton of versatility there, and when you have a playcaller that has a good pulse on games like Nagy appears to have ever since he's taken over as the playcaller, that offense can really thrive and throw a ton of different things at a defense.  As @Hope said the biggest negative working against Nagy is his overall lack of experience. I feel like just judging off of how our FO usually thinks we'll probably lean more towards a veteran coach, and Toub fits that bill. I just think Nagy while being a gamble based off of his inexperience could end up being the most overall innovative and beneficial hire for Marcus and the offense which I think is the most important thing that we need to be looking for with our next hire.

if there's any chance we could keep the defensive staff mostly intact in that scenario, that'd be a plus. i don't even think lebeau's doing a good job but i feel like he's still better than anyone nagy could bring in off the street, which is uh, a little frightening.

How would you guys feel Brad Childress as OC? Just thinking if we were to bring in Toub(or Nagy), he's a guy who may come with them.

Fwiw, he was the Chiefs "Spread Game Analyst"(whatever that means) from 13-15, so I'm sure he has a say in their current offense.

48 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

How would you guys feel Brad Childress as OC? Just thinking if we were to bring in Toub(or Nagy), he's a guy who may come with them.

Fwiw, he was the Chiefs "Spread Game Analyst"(whatever that means) from 13-15, so I'm sure he has a say in their current offense.

2009 called...they want their hot name candidate back!!?

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I'd have to go back and do a little bit of research on Childress' offenses in Minny before I really made a final call, but off the top of my head I'd be fine with Childress coming in as our OC if for nothing else because I know he'd just be another guy that would build an offense around Marcus' strengths by spreading things out more and thriving on the quick/intermediate passing game. Plus just in general, I think his offensive philosophy matches up well with things that Marcus is comfortable with. I see nothing but positives from building a staff with guys that believe in building an offensive system that Marcus has shown the ability to thrive in. Rather than forcing a square peg into a round hole by making Mariota fit a power run scheme.  That doesn't necessarily mean Chip Kelly's offense 2.0 with no huddle every play, but more stuff out of shotgun/pistol and a variety of formations that we can run the ball out of other than just heavy tight formations. The sweet spot for any offense is balance and versatility. Marcus has all the tools to run a high powered offense if it's tailored to his strengths. I think a Nagy/Childress combo could potentially be the perfect marriage for him.

9 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Im not against using 2 TEs either. I think a 2 TE offense has a lot of potential. I'm against how we use it, where we come out and only pass in that formation off play-action, with one of the TEs chipping and releasing and the other staying in to block for the entirety of the play. Might as well just always use extra OTs.

I'd like it to be unpredictable.  Break the huddle in 21 personnel and line both Walker and Smith out wide with Mariota in the shotgun. Create mismatches making linebackers go out there to cover them. There is no mismatch if they're pass-blocking.

Here lies the problem with your desires.  Just listen to what our ingenious OC had to say about the no-huddle and specifically on matching up.  That's if you can understand all the nonstop rambling.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/12/14/16775348/chiefs-oc-matt-nagy-is-making-minor-changes-for-huge-results

A good article breaking down the Chiefs offense the last three weeks with Matt Nagy calling plays. Shows the creativity and versatility that they have in their offense as well as the large amount of RPOs they use which is another concept that I really wish we'd do more with Marcus.

1 hour ago, Dionysus said:

Here lies the problem with your desires.  Just listen to what our ingenious OC had to say about the no-huddle and specifically on matching up.  That's if you can understand all the nonstop rambling.

This is beyond pathetic. This man is an NFL coach for Petes sake

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/12/26/16818012/john-defilippo-eagles-quarterback-head-coaching-search-philadelphia-bears-giants-browns-carson-wentz

I just read this really good article on why John DeFilippo (Eagles QB coach) could be the next great young head coach. I think this article along with the video of him breaking down film has sold me enough to put him at 2nd on my shortlist right behind Nagy. If the main focus of our next hire is on finding a coach to get the best out of Marcus like it should be, DeFilippo deserves serious consideration. 

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:07 PM, Dionysus said:

I love how he makes the defense dictate what he responds with on offense.

23 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I love how he makes the defense dictate what he responds with on offense.

This idiot basically said he let the defense dictate what offense for him to run ??‍♂️. What a joke we basically run a prevent offense, vs us attacking the defense on the field & forcing the opposing team to adjust, Robiskie let’s them attack us & we adjust 

If Koetter gets canned in Tampa, I'd love yo see JRob and Mularkey bring him in as OC/AHC, with a possible shot of HC in the near future.

There's the obvious connection with JRob... And there's a 2nd hand connection with Mariota, through the Oregon pipeline. It was even believed that Koetter strongly preferred Mariota and tried to convince them to take him #1.

On December 22, 2017 at 7:07 PM, Dionysus said:

LMFAO I can't even understand what he's saying. Sounds like he's just throwing up all over himself. I just feel bad for Marcus. He has to listen to this guy mumble garbage in his helmet all game. No wonder he's regressed. He probably has to unscramble his brain before every play.

Archived