IDEAL COACH

Dionysus

Mariota has been ?. Demarco looks washed up (pray it’s just the short week and o line issues). Conklin looks lost.

That being said... Robiskie has got to go. Those insanely easy to predict (deceptive?!?),  narrow formations have been killing us all night, he has no plan B when we go down early. Mularkey’s a nice guy and we are still on track for a wildcard spot in a putrid AFC, but if this is as good as it gets what’s the point? 

I’m over it. We’ve had enough nice, dependable guys. It’s been a never ending line of that - Fisher, Munchak and now Mularkey (Whiz was a sourpuss). Mularkey is probably the nicest / most likeable of the bunch. But something needs to change to help 8 get to the next level. He’s plateaued under the current coaching/offense.

Josh mcdaniels and don't @ me if literally all you're going to say is crap like "boo hoo he needs tom Brady blah blah blah blah blah"

that man knows how to use personnel and gameplan as well as anyone in the league. There is no denying that. He got humbled and I will forgive him of his sins from like eight years ago 

I honestly don’t know how it could get worse. Before someone says we could be the Browns or something, yes, technically it could get worse. But this coaching is going to take us exactly no where. It’s Fisher all over again. We will sneak into the playoffs every now and then getting lucky, but we won’t ever win a Super Bowl or even sniff one and will be a .500 team almost every season. Such a damn joke. 

21 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Josh mcdaniels and don't @ me if literally all you're going to say is crap like "boo hoo he needs tom Brady blah blah blah blah blah"

that man knows how to use personnel and gameplan as well as anyone in the league. There is no denying that. He got humbled and I will forgive him of his sins from like eight years ago 

I mean he’s a garbage person but at least knows how the modern NFL offense should work. I think he’s a risk from a personality standpoint but more likely of an option than a more unknown like DeFilippo - who could be the next McVey or the next Lane Kiffin in Oakland, who knows. 

Our next 4 games are all games we should win and they not even be close. Last 2 against the Rams and Jags aren’t locks, but they are at home so you think we at least win one of those. Sadly, if we go 5-1 over the next 6, no one is going to question Mularkey. This is a team that usually beats the teams we should and very often loses to teams we shouldn’t beat/teams that the games are too close to call. It’s Fisher all over again. The entire staff is just not good. LeBeau got absolutely destroyed during the game. Leaving guys like Sims and Ryan 1on1 with the greatest WR in the game? Lol no wonder AB dominated us. I could understand if we dialed up a blitz once in a while that left Brown on an island, but we do not have the personnel to keep him on an island the majority of the game.  The old man needs to go. And this “exotic smash mouth” offense is absolutely comical. Words can’t describe the ridiculousness of the offense. 

I don’t know who an ideal coach is for this team, but it’s not who we have currently. We won’t be any better than .500 almost every season with this joke of a staff. Hire anyone with a pulse who isn’t outdated in the NFL and we may start to see some progress. 

9 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

???????? 

I feel like Mularkey is safe regardless. And I'm fine with that. But Robiskie has to feel some pressure to perform over the next six weeks. We've scored more than 24 points once in the last seven games, that's just inexcusable with the resources and talent we've poured into the offensive side of the ball.

Even more troubling is that I can't, in all honesty, look at the offense and say that a single player is better now than they were last year. Admittedly, some of that certainly falls on the players, but that's a significant indictment of the coaching. Mariota is worse. Murray is worse. Spain and Kline are worse. Jones is worse. Henry, Walker and Matthews are the same. Lewan is the same. Conklin is probably worse. And we're doing nothing to address it. To try to fix it. We're trying to squeeze players into a system rather than vice versa. 

I know I'm the only one that is going to understand this comparison (in the sense that I'm the only one that actually watches the team), but this reminds me of nothing more than my NBA team. The Bucks. Jason Kidd came in with a fairly original defensive concept (pressure the ball, tons of switching, collapse on interior touches) and it worked great Year 1. Then every team in the NBA had an offseason to look at it. Seemingly all of them recognized that the way the system was designed left the corner 3 open with ridiculous consistency. And that shot has burned the Bucks for almost three years at this point, while the coaches remain entirely unwilling to adapt.

That's how I feel about this offense. It was a new look and had an entirely different feel to what the rest of the league was doing. And it worked pretty well last year. But then we allowed the rest of the NFL to catch up during the offseason, and we seemingly came out thinking we could run the exact same offense and have even more success because we added some talent. I just don't feel like there have been any adjustments, any attempt to remove the things that don't work and try to build on the things that do. Every week, it just seems like we come out with the exact same game plan and the players have to succeed in spite of the defense knowing what's coming. The Browns game is unquestionably the best indicator of this.

I don't know what can be done over the next six weeks. We're past the bye, so this week and a half break is probably our last chance to make true adjustments to the scheme. It'd be a great time to do it, with four games against below average to bad teams with bad defenses coming up, there's no better opportunity to make some changes and let the offense build some momentum, but nothing about this staff has indicated that there is any chance of that coming. 

Last night may have been the game that broke me (though as seen in the weeks after the Texans game, I'm always wanting to believe the best in the team/staff), but it's been building anyways. The players need to play better. Marcus needs to be better. But the coaches need to do their jobs and put them in position to succeed. 

Using @titans0021 analogy, to me, this team feels like he Cavs.  The Cavs offense seems so unreliable from game to game. It pretty much depends on James playing awesome and the role players to hit 3 point shots.  No real motion. No real flow to it. Yet you look up and they've scored 120 and won the game in the end.  It feels ugly to me. Unlike watching the Warriors. People are moving, passes are flowing, it looks fun and pretty.

The Titans offense (at least last year) was a lot of that. No splash plays, a couple of good runs. Good passes and you look up we have 30 on the board.  This year not so much, because things stall out so often. No running game. Inconsistent pass game/blocking. Everything is a struggle. Every TD feels like it took an superhuman effort. Every TD you look up and wonder how did we actually move down the field and can we do again?

I never really thought at the start of the season I'd be discussing how we should possibly fire a coach, even though we are 6-4 and in playoff position. At the start of the season, I could have swore many people's goal was to win the division and make the playoffs. That was a reasonable goal. However, now it seems like people aren't going to be satisfied with that. We have to not only make the playoffs, win the division.. but we have to advance deep into the playoffs and look pretty while doing it. 

Now, I much rather prefer the CEO type coach. The Harbaugh, Belieck(spelling?), Mike Tomlin type coach. I'm personally not a fan of the HC being the OC or DC. Obviously it works with many examples. But that is my preference.

With that Preference, I'm ok with Murlakey being the coach. I really want him to replace Robiskie.  Part of me wants to keep him just to prove he can do it. Rooting for him. But I'm just not a fan of the way he runs an offense.  Maybe that falls back on Murlakey, but I like how he handles the team. I like how the team responds to him. I just think he fits, personality wise. However I'd like to see a different offensive approach.

Saying that, it's obvious Robinson approves of this approach so if we got rid of Murlakey, I think we'd just get a younger version of him with another coach. Someone that wants to run the ball first and protect the QB with these formations.

Every time someone says lets fire Murlakey, I really honestly want to know who is the replacement? Because McDaniels I don't think is a fit. Who is the next hot thing as HC? 

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Using @titans0021 analogy, to me, this team feels like he Cavs.  The Cavs offense seems so unreliable from game to game. It pretty much depends on James playing awesome and the role players to hit 3 point shots.  No real motion. No real flow to it. Yet you look up and they've scored 120 and won the game in the end.  It feels ugly to me. Unlike watching the Warriors. People are moving, passes are flowing, it looks fun and pretty.

The Titans offense (at least last year) was a lot of that. No splash plays, a couple of good runs. Good passes and you look up we have 30 on the board.  This year not so much, because things stall out so often. No running game. Inconsistent pass game/blocking. Everything is a struggle. Every TD feels like it took an superhuman effort. Every TD you look up and wonder how did we actually move down the field and can we do again?

I never really thought at the start of the season I'd be discussing how we should possibly fire a coach, even though we are 6-4 and in playoff position. At the start of the season, I could have swore many people's goal was to win the division and make the playoffs. That was a reasonable goal. However, now it seems like people aren't going to be satisfied with that. We have to not only make the playoffs, win the division.. but we have to advance deep into the playoffs and look pretty while doing it. 

Now, I much rather prefer the CEO type coach. The Harbaugh, Belieck(spelling?), Mike Tomlin type coach. I'm personally not a fan of the HC being the OC or DC. Obviously it works with many examples. But that is my preference.

With that Preference, I'm ok with Murlakey being the coach. I really want him to replace Robiskie.  Part of me wants to keep him just to prove he can do it. Rooting for him. But I'm just not a fan of the way he runs an offense.  Maybe that falls back on Murlakey, but I like how he handles the team. I like how the team responds to him. I just think he fits, personality wise. However I'd like to see a different offensive approach.

Saying that, it's obvious Robinson approves of this approach so if we got rid of Murlakey, I think we'd just get a younger version of him with another coach. Someone that wants to run the ball first and protect the QB with these formations.

Every time someone says lets fire Murlakey, I really honestly want to know who is the replacement? Because McDaniels I don't think is a fit. Who is the next hot thing as HC? 

I want Mularkey to stay and want him to prove the doubters wrong as well.  But I believe Robiskie's got to go.  I like the tough physical run-first offense and all of that, but we need someone who can help Mariota further develop his skills on the pro level.  I don't want him to fall victim to stubborn playcalling and a scheme that will hinder his growth. 
FYI - I think the next hot thing as HC is probably Frank Reich (Eagles OC).

I've had the same gripe with our coaching staff going back to the Fisher era. We lack that killer instinct in key moments of the game.  The biggest instance of that in the Steelers game for me was in the 2 minutes before the half. We use all our timeouts to stop them so that we can get the ball back to try to score before the half. Then we proceed to run a toss to DeMarco. That made absolutely zero sense to me and ultimately led to us giving them the ball back and letting them go up by 2 scores before the half. We were getting the ball after the half and could've been in a perfect position going into the half if we would've really gone for it on that drive the way any team with a killer instinct would have. Instead we go conservative on first down lose two yards and pretty much kill our drive before it can even get started. If you're going to do that why even call those timeouts to get the ball back before the half? That entire last two minutes of the half for us was just a complete mess and ended up being a huge factor, because we could never make up that field goal difference in the second half because of how we handled the end the of the first half.  Coaches that win big games against championship caliber teams don't let that happen.

You stick wit mularkey & it’s going to be Jeff fisher all over again. There going to be times we go 9-7 next season 8-8, next season 11-5 next season 7-9.. I have 0 hope for this guy although I be praying he proves me wrong, so I can eat my crow like a man, but it’s clear as day the game has passed him. He’s going to fail Mariota like fisher did VY, & Steve McNair. If he stays next year I really hope he reaches out to Chip Kelly to help wit Marcus, because the last thing this franchise needs is to be rebuilding drafting a QB for the future 

Archived