Leveon Bell takes Instagram shot at Andy Reid

y*so*blu

Brown is in Tampa because Brady and his ultimate leadership, compassion, and understanding is the only person who can get him to act like a human being.

But maybe Brown is just misunderstood because Ben is also the real bad guy just like Tomlin, and Mayock, and Gruden, and the Rooney family, and reporters, and ...

3 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Shortly after?  He spent a year with the Jets and then got cut after a couple of games the following season.  By the time he signed with the Chiefs, he was over 2 seasons removed from his last year with the Pittsburgh.

I agree he lost a step but it's revisionist history to act like he wasn't a top-flight back in his prime.  

He signed with the Chiefs shortly after his stint with the Jets was over. 

He was great in his prime, never disputed that. I disputed the claim that he was bad because he signed with the Jets. It wasn't because of the Jets because he was just as bad maybe worse on the Chiefs. 

2 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Reid has a long history of taking in players that have had troubled pasts.    It's a very long list.     He has helped a ton move past those issues,  and some he was not able to help.   

I would flip to say this is a positive on his integrity....  He doesn't win them all,   but I would actually say dismissing him for attempting to help all these players is worse integrity.    

Is he taking in these players because he wants to help them, or is he taking them in because he thinks they can help him? There's a fine line between selfless and selfish. Does he take in and mentor troubled players who are at the bottom of the roster, or just the talented ones?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Brown is in Tampa because Brady and his ultimate leadership, compassion, and understanding is the only person who can get him to act like a human being.

But maybe Brown is just misunderstood because Ben is also the real bad guy just like Tomlin, and Mayock, and Gruden, and the Rooney family, and reporters, and ...

Brown is crazy and Ben is a douchebag. Both can be true. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Is he taking in these players because he wants to help them, or is he taking them in because he thinks they can help him? There's a fine line between selfless and selfish. Does he take in and mentor troubled players who are at the bottom of the roster, or just the talented ones?

I would hope everyone in the NFL is taking players they think can help them win?   Is he suppose to keep a troubled guy, over a less troubled guy if he doesn’t think he’s one of the top 53?  

Mike Vick was signed as a backup, when not many were keen on giving him a chance.  
David Irving actually starting his career with KC before getting cut.   
Obviously he is not going to go with a guy if he doesn’t think he’s the top 53, but he’s given chances at the bottom also. 

• Like 1

This is totally overblown. He wants to play and Reid didn't play him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/13/leveon-bell-i-have-a-right-to-how-i-feel-about-andy-reid-because-of-what-he-said-to-me/

If I had to guess, (which is what everyone here is doing, after all) Andy Reid probably told Bell that he wasn't starter material. Probably said he was washed up. Probably gave him a little smack too.

16 hours ago, SkippyX said:

That's not how I remember the story in Pittsburgh. The team had issues because Pitt gave all the power and money to Big Ben, who is a terrible leader because he's lazy, stupid, and treats people poorly. That caused problems because Bell and Antonio Brown, who were better players than Ben, were subordinated to a douchebag and weren't compensated fairly. 

The idea that Bell was a problem in Pitt is not accurate. Pitt messed up by giving a poor leader too much power, and their offense has gone downhill since Bell and Brown left. Their run game started sucking when Bell left, and the pass game started sucking once Brown left. I don't blame Bell at all for wanting to leave that mess. Who would want to take handoffs from an entitled moron like Ben?  

i'm not going to defend Roethlisberger here because this barely deserves a response, but the notion that Brown/Bell weren't compensated is the dumbest single aspect of this post. Brown was made the highest paid WR in the league. They rewarded him multiple times with lucrative contracts that he had no problem signing. Nothing that happened with Brown was related to his compensation.

The Steelers offered to make Leveon Bell the highest paid RB in the league. They offered more money than the NYJ's did per year.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Nah Bell is a great fit for Gruden's offense. He just went for the $ instead when Gase didn't even want him.

In his prime yes but he has zero burst left and can’t move like he used to. 

It would be a huge Gruden move to sign him thinking he’ll regain some of that Pittsburgh form. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

i'm not going to defend Roethlisberger here because this barely deserves a response, but the notion that Brown/Bell weren't compensated is the dumbest single aspect of this post. Brown was made the highest paid WR in the league. They rewarded him multiple times with lucrative contracts that he had no problem signing. Nothing that happened with Brown was related to his compensation.

The Steelers offered to make Leveon Bell the highest paid RB in the league. They offered more money than the NYJ's did per year.

Yes Brown was unhappy with Ben and Bell didn't think he was being compensated fairly. Just because you think it was a fair offer to Bell doesn't mean he thought it was as well. Per year averages are a joke, it's all about guaranteed money. 

And Brown immediately received a new contract with the Raiders, so it's obvious he wasn't happy with his contract either. But his beef was mostly with Big Ben.